Old School Head Who Needs Advice About From You New School Heads

Hey Everyone,
I've been an avid shoe collector since I was 12 and my collection is pretty extensive. At now the age of 33, I'm just not into shoes anymore and have not been for about 6 years. I haven't gone on any sites etc. I've done some research on the market for my collection and it doesn't look that great.

Since you new school guys know the market so well, do you suggest for me to wait until the market turns around or do you think I should just sell my kicks at the prices they are right now? I'm not an SB guy. I'm old school jordan, AF1, hurache, and runners collector. 

Let me know what you guys think.

Hey Everyone,
I've been an avid shoe collector since I was 12 and my collection is pretty extensive. At now the age of 33, I'm just not into shoes anymore and have not been for about 6 years. I haven't gone on any sites etc. I've done some research on the market for my collection and it doesn't look that great.

Since you new school guys know the market so well, do you suggest for me to wait until the market turns around or do you think I should just sell my kicks at the prices they are right now? I'm not an SB guy. I'm old school jordan, AF1, hurache, and runners collector. 

Let me know what you guys think.

The market is just getting worse, Just sell them now. I sold most of mine 2 years ago
pimp.gif

I'm 16 BTW

It took me a while to sell them though. To many guys low-balling now days.
smh.gif

The market is just getting worse, Just sell them now. I sold most of mine 2 years ago
pimp.gif

I'm 16 BTW

It took me a while to sell them though. To many guys low-balling now days.
smh.gif

There are still some heads out there willing to pay a decent amount for certain pairs, especially older Jordans and Air Maxes. Might as well sell now.

There are still some heads out there willing to pay a decent amount for certain pairs, especially older Jordans and Air Maxes. Might as well sell now.

Did you guys sell yours on Ebay or the forum or both?
Damnit.. I wish I could just sell it off in one piece.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just look into selling all of it at once.

Did you guys sell yours on Ebay or the forum or both?
Damnit.. I wish I could just sell it off in one piece.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll just look into selling all of it at once.

Originally Posted by lamscott
sell them now, get what you can and move on, everything I've bought(for personal) in the last 3-5 years I've understood that I couldn't take "market value" or my fondness of them for granted.
this is just a hobby, I make sure I can live without the $ I spend on them, I'd be happy with w/e I can get (not saying I wouldnt price them well, just made the mental note of the risk)

also, check the "kix4sale" link in my sig, not for advertising but I just think its a great new way to keep inventory with googledocs while also publicy sharing them
happy.gif

also, hit me up if you're trying to sell all the ds stuff at once

sell them now, get what you can and move on, everything I've bought(for personal) in the last 3-5 years I've understood that I couldn't take "market value" or my fondness of them for granted.
this is just a hobby, I make sure I can live without the $ I spend on them, I'd be happy with w/e I can get (not saying I wouldnt price them well, just made the mental note of the risk)

also, check the "kix4sale" link in my sig, not for advertising but I just think its a great new way to keep inventory with googledocs while also publicy sharing them
happy.gif

The market isn't turning around anytime soon and you can thank Nike and Jordan Brand for watering it down. The Air Force 1 market died in 07 when Nike put out an Air Force every week. You can still fetch a pretty penny depending on what you have but if you flipped them a few years back you definitely would have made a profit on each shoe if they were in relatively good condition. My father flipped his AF1 collection when he saw what Nike was doing and made some paper because of it.

As far as Jordans go, all you need to do is go to forums/8 to see what the current market is like. With JB retroing EVERYTHING, it has upset a lot of collectors who's collections are greatly comprised of Jordans because with every reissue, their value drops. Most people aren't willing to pay the prices asked for older retros so they will settle for the newest retro. Depending on what you have you can still bank due to the sneaker elitists who will only rock older editions.

Overall though, the market is shot. Good luck getting rid of your stuff and getting something worth its value back. A lot of older shoe connoisseurs are going through the same thing you are now. I hope I was able to help. I'm not in the shoe game like I used to be so I'm just saying what I know.

The market isn't turning around anytime soon and you can thank Nike and Jordan Brand for watering it down. The Air Force 1 market died in 07 when Nike put out an Air Force every week. You can still fetch a pretty penny depending on what you have but if you flipped them a few years back you definitely would have made a profit on each shoe if they were in relatively good condition. My father flipped his AF1 collection when he saw what Nike was doing and made some paper because of it.

As far as Jordans go, all you need to do is go to forums/8 to see what the current market is like. With JB retroing EVERYTHING, it has upset a lot of collectors who's collections are greatly comprised of Jordans because with every reissue, their value drops. Most people aren't willing to pay the prices asked for older retros so they will settle for the newest retro. Depending on what you have you can still bank due to the sneaker elitists who will only rock older editions.

Overall though, the market is shot. Good luck getting rid of your stuff and getting something worth its value back. A lot of older shoe connoisseurs are going through the same thing you are now. I hope I was able to help. I'm not in the shoe game like I used to be so I'm just saying what I know.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

happy.gif

Thanks for the advice. I'll hit you up. I don't need the money to be honest. Its just i'm growing older and having large amounts of kicks taking up space isn't that great anymore. If I really wanted any pair I could just buy it from one of you guys and wear it. Instead I have a gang of shoes I don't wear because I cherish them. Kind of gay. haha
Does niketalk have a price guide or is ebay the only market guide? I hope not, but some my shoes are just too obscure.

Have any of you seen a pair of NB runners in San Francisco Giant colors with osctrich leather. Only sold in some chain store in Tokyo. Amazing. But there really isn't a market for such an obscure shoe. Ugh.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

happy.gif

Thanks for the advice. I'll hit you up. I don't need the money to be honest. Its just i'm growing older and having large amounts of kicks taking up space isn't that great anymore. If I really wanted any pair I could just buy it from one of you guys and wear it. Instead I have a gang of shoes I don't wear because I cherish them. Kind of gay. haha
Does niketalk have a price guide or is ebay the only market guide? I hope not, but some my shoes are just too obscure.

Have any of you seen a pair of NB runners in San Francisco Giant colors with osctrich leather. Only sold in some chain store in Tokyo. Amazing. But there really isn't a market for such an obscure shoe. Ugh.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Hmmm.. Sounds like I should just start wearing all of them and forget about selling them.

Hmmm.. Sounds like I should just start wearing all of them and forget about selling them.

That's what I did, But sold some to get at least a little bit of cash for other things.

That's what I did, But sold some to get at least a little bit of cash for other things.

Best idea is to keep the kicks you really like and sell the rest off. Although you won't get nearly as much money as say..4-5 years ago, you should still be able to make a descent amount considering they're all older kicks since the 80s-90s. (you should make a lot more than the retail price you bought your kicks).

Just sell your shoes individually...you'll make more money that way, and it's easier to sell also.

The only fair "market value" price is from eBay. Do not look at the astrocious prices of consignment shops or forums and expect to get that much.

Best idea is to keep the kicks you really like and sell the rest off. Although you won't get nearly as much money as say..4-5 years ago, you should still be able to make a descent amount considering they're all older kicks since the 80s-90s. (you should make a lot more than the retail price you bought your kicks).

Just sell your shoes individually...you'll make more money that way, and it's easier to sell also.

The only fair "market value" price is from eBay. Do not look at the astrocious prices of consignment shops or forums and expect to get that much.

Back
Top Bottom