Old washed Supreme Thread vol. LOCK IT UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

someone dropped the ball on the collabo

People hating on this collab and most hypebeasts don't know AKIRA or Otomo. Many of y'all expected recycled images form the 1988 anime movie yet this is all based on the original manga art. Kinda enh, especially since it's the og black and white and not the american released versions.

It is pretty weak collab overall however it's true to the original source which has never really been focused on

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.48.30 AM.png

They didn't just use that for a Tee
:smh:

Because this has been used countless times as a t-shirt by a ton of different companies.

Would of preferred they used stuff from the anime. The manga in black in white is a let down. Some of the graphics are woven so that’s cool, will be going for the decks though.

People hating on this collab and most hypebeasts don't know AKIRA or Otomo. Many of y'all expected recycled images form the 1988 anime movie yet this is all based on the original manga art. Kinda enh, especially since it's the og black and white and not the american released versions.

It is pretty weak collab overall however it's true to the original source which has never really been focused on

Because this has been used countless times as a t-shirt by a ton of different companies.

There's some special manga anniversary box set release hitting. I would not be surprised if his people asked for Manga image promotion and not the animated materials to somewhat promote the anniversary set. I think the talk show where Otomo announced it was discussing the series, it's anniversary and the set that is releasing. Pretty much hyping what is to come for the lisence on what should be an important milestone for them.

It's going to sell out because duh it's supreme..

But this collaboration is very lackluster

The deck is probably the best piece

It's just crazy as big as this collaboration is(pieces) there are so many misses

Ehh money and time saved

There's some special manga anniversary box set release hitting. I would not be surprised if his people asked for Manga image promotion and not the animated materials to somewhat promote the anniversary set. I think the talk show where Otomo announced it was discussing the series, it's anniversary and the set that is releasing. Pretty much hyping what is to come for the lisence on what should be an important milestone for them.

Yeah i just finally got around to pre-ordering it. I have about 75% of the US released comics as well as the Laserdisc, 2 versions on VHS, 3 dvd versions as well as 3 blurays lol yeah i am a fan. I wish i would have kept the shirts they released back in late 90s i had during high school especially the Tetsuo one.
36f2fc5d147f6d397d8862adf47760f7.jpg

As far as this supreme collab, it's a pass. I'd rather cop some of these reprinted tees with classic graphics.

I love akira as well as many other manga/anime. I’m also glad that Manga and anime are becoming more popular these days. It’s fine that they used the manga it’s just some of these designs are stupid. They coulda did better

In for this drop. Going for the burgundy work jacket and a few other pieces. I wish they would have done this jacket and put Supreme in the pill, would have been a must have piece for me.

5b87698536412310e48ad75e5907d0209d4657c9_hq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom