Olympic athlete banned from participating because of racist joke on Twitter

She got what she deserved. Her anger over being banned just shows she has little remorse for what she said and she comes off as very immature.

:wow: at that Beijing pic...

Can someone answer me.this...?

why does the ENTIRE world look.at darker skinned people in a negative light?

Like... even black people look down on other blacks?

Why is it so wrong for your skin to be melonated?

:wow: at that Beijing pic...

Idk man, i asked the same question many years ago, even Arabs are more liked than we are and many of them are as dark so idk

eek.gif
at that Beijing pic...
It goes back to the old notion of the whiter you are the better. What I mean by this is that back during feudalism and what not, nobles stayed in their manors to stay as pale as possible because tans (which you got from working in the sun all day) were a sign of poverty. Its is a reason that some Asians look down on Southeastern Asians (ever notice that they are darker in color compared to Koreans/Chinese/Japanese). Add to that the media portrayal of Blacks and you have what you have to today.

Last edited:
i am anti-racist as anyone.

yes the "joke" was kinda foul, but WHO cares what SHE has to say?

And to BAN her from the olympics?? something shes probably worked her whole life for?

its not like she said F N-words...

just sayin..

usually olympic participation happens once in a lifetime for an atlhlete. Kinda harsh.

i am anti-racist as anyone.

yes the "joke" was kinda foul, but WHO cares what SHE has to say?

And to BAN her from the olympics?? something shes probably worked her whole life for?

its not like she said F N-words...

just sayin..

usually olympic participation happens once in a lifetime for an atlhlete. Kinda harsh.

the N word is a derogatory term used to address African Americans. She was specifically referencing Africans, so I have no idea how it affected them, but any sort of racism in an event that is meant to bring the world together should be met with zero tolerance

What people fail to realize is she is a Olympic athlete, OLYMPIC meaning she represents a county. For better or worst, her opinions and views will be broadcast on a international. What was Greece to do? Keep her and then face critics saying Greece in turns supports racism since they kept her. Even though the story broke because of the expulsion, it would have made bigger headlines when it was eventually found while at the games. Greece can't afford to look bad in the wake of it's financial melt down so her banning was the best, and correct move.

That's cool man and your entitled to your opinion, but before you try to check me look at yourself, i criticized a greek athelete, the entire spanish team, and the USA team and all you caught was me criticizing US NBA players. Sit back down at your tv tray & laptop and calm down.
I'm speaking to the excessive celebration earlier in the friendlies that drew boo's from the crowd. i posted about it before NT switched over but nevertheless I think since that particular game NBA vets like Kobe, Lebron, and CP3 as well as the coaching staff have actually gotten a handle on that, I agree they conducted themselves much better in the win over Spain. I just hope they can keep that going with the actual games beginning here pretty soon.

not sarcasm here...this is a real question. do you play sports? if so which? because if you do and you've done something really nice (dunk, crossover, touchdown, stiff arm) you have experienced that elation. celebration is how we naturally react when we're overjoyed bruh. and we're not talking about children. the other basketball teams are big boys. they'll get over the USA celebration. it's all fun man. why so serious?

Idk man, i asked the same question many years ago, even Arabs are more liked than we are and many of them are as dark so idk

Because it used to be the other way around.

" Dark skin " rule once governed the globe.

European conquest turned that construct upside down in their favor.

But as the saying goes...."what goes around, comes around."

That's just ignorant. She got what she deserved. Dumbass. She's only average with nice legs, IMO.

the N word is a derogatory term used to address African Americans. She was specifically referencing Africans, so I have no idea how it affected them, but any sort of racism in an event that is meant to bring the world together should be met with zero tolerance

Really?

Wow she is so so bad....how do these athletes even have the energy to compete with all these fine ladies walking around...

but for real tho...i grew up with some greeks and most of them fools always say some lowkey racist ****.....same as italians....

one thing i like about europe though is that they're open about their racism/views....i'd rather live in that environment because here in america people like to conceal it

aren't we all african at the end of the day....

i guess u gotta uphold a certain standard though since you're repping your country in front of the entire world nahmean

Sad part was she was really banned because of her being involved in golden dawn.

Another thing, you guys have no idea how these other countries work...

Check this out... This is acceptable in other countries.

]

social media will be the undoing of many celebrities and athletes...
there's a reason why you guys need publicists
I wouldn't even bother having one if I were famous or I would just let a marketing person have one for me.

She looks like what lady gaga would look like if she were attractive.

Back
Top Bottom