Olympic athlete banned from participating because of racist joke on Twitter

Wow... You'd think as an Olympic athlete, that you would keep a statement like that to yourself, and not post it on a social network for all to see.

Anyone else just giving up hope on humanity? I used to think that there would be less racist and ignorant idiots in our generation, but things like this and the Penn State tweets :smile:x) prove otherwise :smh:

There's still alot of hope for humanity.

I'd smash and have her call me all types of racist names out of pleasure..
devil.gif
mean.gif

Man...ya'll dudes are amazing...
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Wow, that vid is sickening. Son hated her to the point of swinging on her... until he found out her nationality :smh: I wonder how they would view me, an african american.

In all honesty I don't think it would be as bad as this was. There is a severe deep hatred of Jewish people in the egyptian culture. I don't know why, i guess i should hit wikipedia.

off topic...but why do those egyptiians hate isreal so much?im really intrigued..that vid was disgusting to watch...cant believe people look down on other people like so, nd its accepted...
tired.gif

:rofl: It is what it is...like dude said social media is gonna be the downfall of a lot of celebs & sports stars

she made a racist joke and thinks its excessive she got banned from the olympics
laugh.gif
The thing I have an issue with is what she posted was not a joke. In looking at what she posted she clearly has an issue with African's in Greece and in general. I am confused as to why she is saying so many African's in Greece? If the games are in London would they (Greece olympians and African olympians) not be all over there?

I think all supremist groups should have a designated island to govern and thrive off of.

And we have another..

Swiss soccer player kicked off Olympic team for discriminatory tweet

"Following Switzerland's 2-1 loss to South Korea in the Olympic men's soccer tournament on Sunday, 23-year-old Swiss defender Michel Morganella expressed his frustration with a discriminatory tweet that has gotten him expelled from the squad and sent home by Swiss team officials. The message, which said that Koreans should "burn themselves" and described them as "******s" was followed by an apology in English before Morganella's @morgastoss account was deleted from the social networking site"

Full Story here
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...d-off-olympic-team-racist-165059693--oly.html

Interesting the comments on yahoo are a lot more supportive of the ban then the previous situation.

Back
Top Bottom