Olympic VII's 'For The Love of the Game' (ALL TOPICS MERGED!)

I just think it's funny that people use the 04's, that got a lot of flack for being paper thin and creasing as a comparison point nowadays... It's quite sad. My 04's held up pretty well, as do all my other J's. The only J's I was REAL disappointed with were the IV's. THOSE were paper thin. These, and the 04's are much better compared to the IV's.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

I just think it's funny that people use the 04's, that got a lot of flack for being paper thin and creasing as a comparison point nowadays... It's quite sad. My 04's held up pretty well, as do all my other J's. The only J's I was REAL disappointed with were the IV's. THOSE were paper thin. These, and the 04's are much better compared to the IV's.

Yeah i had the Mars joints and they were horrible PAPER THIN Like u said these aren't as bad. The only problem is the Wings they kind of flimsy other than that it's cool. Also the heart is barely noticeable on these joints.

It's funny how people think 2004 quality was all that great. I almost passed because the leather was just as thin as it is now. Creasing and all in 2004. Y'all really don't remember?

^QFT! I remember the 04s having a similar leather to these, only the leather was more rigid. Not to mention the 04 Olympics came with a craptacular retro card. Up until that point, the retro cards were well designed (except for the 11 I.E's). then when these dropped, they just slap the shoe on the card.

the 04s have horrible quality and i think JB started to go downhill with quality with this release... but if you want to compare this release with the 2010 the 04 comes closer to the OG with the more shiny gold and silver... but still cheap quality in general... im happy to have my 04 pair and had 3 pairs to start with but had to sell 2.... so im glad to have a double with the 2010 pair even though its not really the same shoe....but ya these either sold out in my area or they didnt get them... i did find 1 spot that my size the display pair but i passed because i already ordered from NDC even though i had to pay shipping... oh well i like NDC and bought a lot of shoes from them so i feel loyal to them plus im lazy to drive to my local mall which is 20 minutes away lol

Originally Posted by mrhood84

Did anybody get their NDC order shipped today?????

I called today around mid-day to find out what was going on with it, as I had used expedited shipping for my pairs. The lady said since the order date is 08-13-10, which is same day Friday, the processing/shipping would occur on Monday. Kinda crappy, but it is what it is. Our shipping confirmations should be with us on Monday...

i was wondering the same thing because i got the two day shipping and the track package option hasnt updated itself, hopefully they dont pull no surprises on me  

My leather on my 04's while thin, I have no creases and rarely see VII's with creases.

And I'm shocked how no one brought up the painted mid sole on these 10's. Why JB continues to put cheap white paint on midsoles still confuses me.

04's > 10's easily in quality

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by MrFlightPosite

Originally Posted by chinaurge

Thanks NDC!
wink.gif

sick.gif
 can't be serious
he is probably pulling our leg....the screen shot is only the shopping cart...ill believe it when i see a checked out, order "complete" for 40 pairs.
I'd be laughing my *** off if he did actually buy 20 pairs, even if he were planning to resell them.

well m happy with my pair..... if i was so worried bout quality i think i would stopped buying j's once for all......
buy what u like people!!!

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Any codes right now for Eastbay??

No promo codes work for these.. + they are sold out on Eastbay. The only promo code you COULD have used was probably free shipping.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

My leather on my 04's while thin, I have no creases and rarely see VII's with creases.

And I'm shocked how no one brought up the painted mid sole on these 10's. Why JB continues to put cheap white paint on midsoles still confuses me.

04's > 10's easily in quality
Yeah that midsole...
indifferent.gif

My 04's haven't really creased badly yet, but that is also due to the fact I put in the Forcefields in them so they wouldn't. I know a couple people who have pairs of the 04's worn, and they creased pretty bad. I wish I could take pics of their pairs.

I still remember even in 04 the complaints of the leather being thin, etc etc etc. I just find it amusing that instead of going off an 02 retro of the VII (Frenchies), which were far more superior, the 04 retro is used as a comparison. I guess apples to oranges though, since the Olympics dropped in 04.

Originally Posted by crbeezy

Originally Posted by mrhood84

Did anybody get their NDC order shipped today?????

I called today around mid-day to find out what was going on with it, as I had used expedited shipping for my pairs. The lady said since the order date is 08-13-10, which is same day Friday, the processing/shipping would occur on Monday. Kinda crappy, but it is what it is. Our shipping confirmations should be with us on Monday...

i was wondering the same thing because i got the two day shipping and the track package option hasnt updated itself, hopefully they dont pull no surprises on me  
Peep your emails NDC folks! I got my shipping confirmation, and my pairs are already in transit. Should be here on Tuesday!!!

This is one of those instances where the CSR was thankfully wrong!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by LaVidaDulce

were these made in a 14
The Eastbay Rep said only 8-13
We only carried up to a size 13, but that does not mean a size 14 was not produced.  You will need to do some research to see it a size 14 was produced and sold/available somewhere else.

Originally Posted by r00m112

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by sandman117x

What are the chances of the order getting messed up from Eastbay?
Pretty slim, but mistakes do happen.  We will assist any customer with an issue the best we can.
EastbayRep, I guess I was one of the unlucky ones then. I was on their at midnight eastern time, got in for a size 10, had to wait 2 minutes before I could checkout, and when I finally did, it went through fine but I got a confirmation with a G number on the screen, no e-mail. Didn't hear anything today and then I just called customer service and they told me my order couldn't be fulfilled. I'm pretty angry the way this went down, I mean fine if I had missed out, I would have tried other sources, but I was led to believe my order had went through. Not too happy right now....
I am sorry to hear about that.  I replied to your private message, so check on that so I can assist you further.

EastbayRep - Ray

Back
Top Bottom