On Lying To Women, and Whether It's Necessary at Times

me and my girl both do this
laugh.gif

honestly its just a reflection on how terrible our communication is. But to be fair it has worked for us so far.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

honestly its just a reflection on how terrible our communication is. But to be fair it has worked for us so far.

This will not end well. Srs

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

that was a harmless lie.. but I would've told her the truth..

Given his history it's not harmless to lie about going to the club. Regardless of whether he even looked at a woman while he was there.

Once you cheat, if your lady forgives you, you shouldn't lie about situations where you could be cheating again.

Originally Posted by brandonbix

We all lie. She prolly lies to you about the same stuff man. It's just become a way of life.

The thing is, she doesn't. I know everybody lies, but she doesn't, and if she does, I genuinely don't care either way.

I don't like bull----ers, and it bothers me to be the person that I really don't wanna interact with.

Originally Posted by StuntHard

I went to a birthday party for one of the homies this past weekend, and my girl asked me where the party was. It started at the barber shop, then we went to the club.

I told her I went to the barber shop, but not the club, which was a lie.

I didn't do anything wrong at the club, didn't even drink. Just ate, took group pics, and bounced. It was unnecessary for me to lie, but I did anyway.

I lied in order to reduce the chance of having an argument about me going out. Even though I didn't do anything wrong, I felt like that was the best way to avoid that altercation. Lie, or have a 30 minute argument over something of little importance.

I try to live an honest life, but sometimes I feel like I have to lie in order to keep conflict over trivial BS to a minimum. I know this is wrong, but a lie comes out before I even get the chance to assess the situation.

Lying is wrong; I know this. But do you feel that it is necessary at times to reduce conflict/stress, or should you be unconditionally truthful with women, regardless of circumstances?
Yup.  I don't like to deal with generalizations, but i've yet to be disproved that women are irrational.  So a lie to cover whats really something pointless and inconsequential might be necessary at times.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

This will not end well. Srs
I know it sounds bad..... but we both just leave out stuff like that because we are both pretty over protective of each other. Everything else we are usually pretty straight up with....
We've been together for a lil over 3 years now
smile.gif
she is my future wife and I her future husband  
smile.gif
smile.gif

pimp.gif
@ My man Deuce. Don't let folks take pictures of you man. Treat yourself as if you are The Big O and you are always at a strip club. Don't let folks take pics man

But to answer the OQ

(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)The day I lie to my beautiful wife is the day that I take my life (/(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by StuntHard

I went to a birthday party for one of the homies this past weekend, and my girl asked me where the party was. It started at the barber shop, then we went to the club.

I told her I went to the barber shop, but not the club, which was a lie.

I didn't do anything wrong at the club, didn't even drink. Just ate, took group pics, and bounced. It was unnecessary for me to lie, but I did anyway.

I lied in order to reduce the chance of having an argument about me going out. Even though I didn't do anything wrong, I felt like that was the best way to avoid that altercation. Lie, or have a 30 minute argument over something of little importance.

I try to live an honest life, but sometimes I feel like I have to lie in order to keep conflict over trivial BS to a minimum. I know this is wrong, but a lie comes out before I even get the chance to assess the situation.

Lying is wrong; I know this. But do you feel that it is necessary at times to reduce conflict/stress, or should you be unconditionally truthful with women, regardless of circumstances?
Yup.  I don't like to deal with generalizations, but i've yet to be disproved that women are irrational.  So a lie to cover whats really something pointless and inconsequential might be necessary at times.
this is true

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

New boat.

Distrust is a problem that can't be fixed.
This.
Once the trust is lost (man or woman) it's never fully gained back. 

I don't get the point of lying in the first place. Why go through all the hassle of covering something up only to have it come back and kick you in the #+% three times as hard. To me, it's just not worth it. I'd rather keep it real and face the repercussions right then and there then to have to turn back and try to justify my lying.

Originally Posted by Yeah

Posing in group pictures was a bad move, g.

Only thing I ever stretch the truth about is who I'm with. I genuinely enjoy the company of women I've dated, and every now and then I'll go to a dinner or out to get a drink with one of my ex-girlfriends. My current girl didn't really like it when we first started dating, so whenever I went out with an ex I told her that I was going out with friends.

I eventually got tired of telling her lies and just was honest with her, and told her that if she didn't trust me enough to be around other females then we don't really need to be dating. She just stopped asking who I'm with. Problem solved for both of us.
happy.gif
(I'll tell her now that I'm with [insert random girl's name] and she usually just acts like she doesn't hear it, which isn't really any hair off of my back.)

You should probably just tell her like this; If she won't allow you to live your life without interrogating you or being suspicious when you're being honest with her, then you two don't need to be in a relationship. If it's something she can't handle, then you shouldn't want to be dating her anyways.
Your girl don't care cus..
shes gettin' **** elsewhere. 

Man I had to lie to my ex and it messed her up real bad but I deemed it necessary:
I had broke up with her on a wednesday and then I saw her at a party on that friday and we were both drunk. I did not want to get back together but at this party we ended up talking and she got to crying all in public in front of more than 1,000 people. She was making a huge scene, so I lied to her and said we could get back together and left the party with her and dropped her off at her crib. Two days later I called it off for good. Some people say I was a jerk for that, but honestly I saved her from breaking down in front of all of those people
grin.gif

Was I wrong NT? I thought I did what I had to do..

She hates my guts now btw

DCAllAmerican wrote:

But to answer the OQ

(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)The day I lie to my beautiful wife is the day that I take my life (/(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)
roll.gif

it's funny cause you'll do something like this and they go bazurk then they'll do something just like it and it won't be a big deal

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

You didn't lie though.

You omitted a minor detail.

Yall gotta stop letting these women cuff you by the sack.

To answer your question though, yea sometimes even straight up lying is necessary.
but he did lie by saying he DIDNT go to the club..
omiting minor detail would have just been.. yea we was at the barber shop chillen then chilled out from there... that way if the pics surfaced he could have been like well I didn't say we DIDN'T go to the club.. just said after we chilled.

Don't worry man.. girls don't let stuff go but if your going to be under the microscope the rest of your relationship its not worth it.

I tell my girl everything and if she can't handle it then meh.. gotta cut it.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif
@ My man Deuce. Don't let folks take pictures of you man. Treat yourself as if you are The Big O and you are always at a strip club. Don't let folks take pics man

But to answer the OQ

Wow chill dc. Too much personal

Necessary as times? Definitely.

Example- If she is really bothered by you drinking and you want to go out and get a drink with the guys even though she won't approve, tell her you are all going somewhere else or that you're gonna stay in for the night. Or just don't tell her anything. These are harmless small white lies. You're not lying to her so that you can ruin your relationship, you just don't want the BS that will come from the truth. Lying about your whereabouts when it comes to innocence and wanting to enjoy yourself from time to time is perfectly fine and IMO, you NEED it sometimes in order to stay sane and to feel like you still have some freedom in a relationship like that.

Bad Example- You go out to a party trynna swoop up a new chick for the night but you tell your girl that you are with the homies. Pictures could come up, you're lying for the wrong reasons, etc. Don't let the small white lies be a gateway to thinking that lying about @##% like this is okay.

Lying is needed for a healthy relationship.. trust me. My friend tells his girl every single thing that he does and who he does it with, they argue every single damn day about huge things and have broken up multiple times. I lie to my girl like in example one, and we rarely argue over huge stuff because it doesn't come up.. We haven't broken up at all. You need some privacy too, you know.

And OP, don't trip homie. You weren't doing anything wrong, you lied to keep an argument from happening and you did nothing wrong while you were there. If she doesn't want to believe you, then she ain't worth your time and she isn't steady for a relationship. Thinking that just because you didn't tell her, you're doing somethin. SMH, it's her fault you didn't tell her.
tired.gif

Bad move man, if you took pictures you should have kept it real. But if there was no pictures I feel what you saying but with picture you're screwed all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom