On September 11th they are going to burn a Koran in NYC (serious)

For those who say America is founded on Christian principles, let us consider the Treaty of Tripoli.

Now this is the first treaty between a Muslim Ruler and the USA.

There were pirates attacking American ships in the area. America wanted to establish a treaty with the Sultan of Tripoli, to tell them to not support the pirates. Signed and ratified in June 7, 1797. Only the THIRD time a treaty was unanimously agreed upon.

There is a phrase that is really important to remember in this treaty.

Article 11.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Mussulmen is a kind way of saying Mohammedan.

Keep in mind that this was ratified by the VERY people who wrote and signed the constitution, and it passed unanimously.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

For those who say America is founded on Christian principles, let us consider the Treaty of Tripoli.

There were pirates attacking American ships in the area. America wanted to establish a treaty with the Sultan of Tripoli, to tell them to not support the pirates. Signed and ratified in June 7, 1797. Only the THIRD time a treaty was unanimously agreed upon.

Article 11.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Keep in mind that this was ratified by the VERY people who wrote and signed the constitution, and it passed unanimously.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Carolla brought up a good point today: the same people who said Americans should be allowed to burn the flag are probably the same types who are saying it's wrong to burn the Koran. So which is it? Both are symbols representing a mass of people. If we can't burn Korans, than we can't burn flags. But freedom of speech allows for both. And, think of all the footage we have of people in the Middle East burning pictures of US presidents, and burning flags, etc. Is that not the same thing, essentially?
We are supposed to be better than that. Get your mind right son, and stop thinking in terms of, "if they can do it, we can too"

The day we start comparing ourselves and justifying what we can do based on extremists and radicals foreign and domestic, is the day we lose.

its spelled Quran.

Even tho i aint a Muslim & i dont necessarily agree with it... but thats pretty bogus,

I know religion is a touchy subject, But honestly, i let everyone do them, i dont trip about what peoples beliefs are, nor do i look down upon their beliefs (except worshiping the devil
smh.gif
) cause at the end of the day we will ALL know whats real and not.. The ONLY time i get "bothered" by people and religion is wen people try to convert others by "informing" them and bashin other religions but other than that. Believe what you wanna believe, it dont bother me.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Carolla brought up a good point today: the same people who said Americans should be allowed to burn the flag are probably the same types who are saying it's wrong to burn the Koran. So which is it? Both are symbols representing a mass of people. If we can't burn Korans, than we can't burn flags. But freedom of speech allows for both. And, think of all the footage we have of people in the Middle East burning pictures of US presidents, and burning flags, etc. Is that not the same thing, essentially?
We are supposed to be better than that. Get your mind right son, and stop thinking in terms of, "if they can do it, we can too"

The day we start comparing ourselves and justifying what we can do based on extremists and radicals foreign and domestic, is the day we lose.

its spelled Quran.

Even tho i aint a Muslim & i dont necessarily agree with it... but thats pretty bogus,

I know religion is a touchy subject, But honestly, i let everyone do them, i dont trip about what peoples beliefs are, nor do i look down upon their beliefs (except worshiping the devil
smh.gif
) cause at the end of the day we will ALL know whats real and not.. The ONLY time i get "bothered" by people and religion is wen people try to convert others by "informing" them and bashin other religions but other than that. Believe what you wanna believe, it dont bother me.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Article 11.

Well done.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Article 11.

Well done.

http://www.huffingtonpost...hurch-dove_n_711159.html

[h1]Quran Burning CANCELED: Dove World Outreach's Terry Jones Drops Offending 'Stunt'[/h1]

The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islamphilosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran onSept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones announced Thursday at a chaotic news conferencethat he decided to cancel his protest, claiming that he struck a dealwith the leader of a planned Islamic Center near Ground Zero who agreedto move its controversial location.

However, Imam Rauf, the leader of the proposed center did not make adeal and has never talked to Pastor Terry Jones, Park51 officials tellHuffington Post, adding that they are open to all solutions and thatthe proposed Islamic center is open to dialogue and reconciliation withthe community in lower Manhattan.

Jones's plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan andseveral Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. Theysaid his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strongrecruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drewcriticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslimworld.

http://www.huffingtonpost...hurch-dove_n_711159.html

[h1]Quran Burning CANCELED: Dove World Outreach's Terry Jones Drops Offending 'Stunt'[/h1]

The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islamphilosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran onSept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones announced Thursday at a chaotic news conferencethat he decided to cancel his protest, claiming that he struck a dealwith the leader of a planned Islamic Center near Ground Zero who agreedto move its controversial location.

However, Imam Rauf, the leader of the proposed center did not make adeal and has never talked to Pastor Terry Jones, Park51 officials tellHuffington Post, adding that they are open to all solutions and thatthe proposed Islamic center is open to dialogue and reconciliation withthe community in lower Manhattan.

Jones's plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan andseveral Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. Theysaid his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strongrecruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drewcriticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslimworld.

Pandora's Box has been opened, if he doesnt do it some other moron will........................smh

Pandora's Box has been opened, if he doesnt do it some other moron will........................smh

Back
Top Bottom