On The real...How Can Ready To Die Not Be One Of The Greatest Albums Of All Time??

I listened to it this summer just 'cause I owed it to myslef and I'm glad I did. It's classic status up there with Train of Thought and The College Dropout.
roll.gif

Maybe in my top 15 but not 5.
i would LOVE to see 14 albums better than it

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

I listened to it this summer just 'cause I owed it to myslef and I'm glad I did. It's classic status up there with Train of Thought and The College Dropout.
roll.gif

Maybe in my top 15 but not 5.
i would LOVE to see 14 albums better than it

I'll Name them

1.Paid In Full

2.Criminal Minded

3.The Chronic

4.It Takes a nation of millions to hold us back

5.Illmatic

6.The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick

7.Midnight Marauders

8.Low End Theory

9.Straight Outta Compton

10.Amerikkka's Most Wanted

11.3 Feet High & Rising

12.Long Live The Kane

13.De La Soul Is Dead

14.Stictly Business

I could name a few more but you asked for 14

^ I like ya list it is def not mine but the only ones I would argue with is The Chronic and Strictly Business not that they are not great albums I just feelRTD is way better. I think ppl need to have the albums on ya list to really see the argument tho.

smokin.gif

i guess its jsut personal taste because besides,Paid in full, illmatic, criminal minded i dont see any of the others touchin RTD. BUT the others you named aredef classics

You named classics but you're missing the simple tragic point my friend. They aren't better the RTD. Let's take a look at ILLmatic for a second.Classic album indeed but it lacks where RTD excels. It doesn't feel like a complete album. I look at as more of a showcase of Nas' talents rather thana fully fledged album. From beginning to end RTD feels more complete.

son whoever DOESN'T think this is one of the greatest needs to rethink life. like seriously, this is an ALBUM, not an album....but an ALBUM. Not oneskippable track. any doubters should either quit listening to rap, or quit life. pick one
laugh.gif

eventhough illmatic is a classic in its own right, i just think its too damn short.

Let's take a look at ILLmatic for a second. Classic album indeed but it lacks where RTD excels. It doesn't feel like a complete album. I look at as more of a showcase of Nas' talents rather than a fully fledged album. From beginning to end RTD feels more complete.
Disagree to the fullest extent............................

Let's take a look at ILLmatic for a second. Classic album indeed but it lacks where RTD excels. It doesn't feel like a complete album. I look at as more of a showcase of Nas' talents rather than a fully fledged album. From beginning to end RTD feels more complete.
Let's not, don't bring it down to one album vs. another album especially Illmatic

smokin.gif

I love illmatic as much you guys but let's be realistic here. RTD has 15 classic tracks that flow cohesively. When you're done listening to RTD youfeel like you just took a walk through Biggie's shoes. Illmatic has 9 classic tracks that flow together well but as a whole doesn't really mean much.One thing that Nas severely lacks on Illmatic is personality.

Originally Posted by SoulOfKuribo

I love illmatic as much you guys but let's be realistic here. RTD has 15 classic tracks that flow cohesively. When you're done listening to RTD you feel like you just took a walk through Biggie's shoes. Illmatic has 9 classic tracks that flow together well but as a whole doesn't really mean much. One thing that Nas severely lacks on Illmatic is personality.

Again lets not do this. Also you do know they are 2 diff type of albums right?

smokin.gif

Who list isn't this on...

****** been talking super reckless like Big isn't the Blueprint....
I get chills when I listen to Ready to Die.

I love illmatic as much you guys but let's be realistic here. RTD has 15 classic tracks that flow cohesively. When you're done listening to RTD you feel like you just took a walk through Biggie's shoes. Illmatic has 9 classic tracks that flow together well but as a whole doesn't really mean much. One thing that Nas severely lacks on Illmatic is personality.

Lacks personality
indifferent.gif

WOW

I dont know what to say about that one but Nas was in another zone when he made illmatic, pretty much from 94-96 NOBODY was seeing Nas

I dont know what to say about that one but Nas was in another zone when he made illmatic, pretty much from 94-96 NOBODY was seeing Nas
I agree with that statement however it still doesn't prove that he has a likable personality.

indifferent.gif
you clearly don't know what you are talkingabout. This N' said "but doesn't really mean much", what kind of vagina monologue is that.

anyways RTD is #2 on my list only because Illmatic exists.

I agree with that statement however it still doesn't prove that he has a likable personality.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the music

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom