oo Official Niketalk HOLIDAY BEARD Thread oo ...Update : FINAL PICS

Not to pile it on dude...but yea, that thing is THIN and STRINGY. Definitely not brag-worthy.

I think you owe NT an apology.

downtown DC @ the Inauguration earlier in the year...its about the same now

w8u9ll.jpg

2ut23hz.jpg

Been about two and half/three weeks. Lined it up but looks like I missed some lengthy spots on that left side
laugh.gif
...On a side note, some of ya'll's beards are non-existent
nerd.gif

i have been waiting for my beard to come in for years
mad.gif
hopefully since my dad can grow on ill get the hook up on the genes
pimp.gif

heres a better one of the beard (shows the fullness):
1fg6r8.jpg

I never let it grow past a 2, but this whole month the beard is getting no trimming
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

Originally Posted by HAMMERCHARGE
nerd.gif

...is that makeup?

laugh.gif
Well yes it is. It's called black ice. For some reason some men apply it so that the line-up stands out more, or to cover balding spots

laugh.gif
dam ya going in on me and yes my barber uses it just to make it looksharp i don't have any black ice at home and i don't use it everyday lol. this pic i had in my blackberry so i posted it. i'm clean shaven now sosorry no full beard pics.

Mo Matik wrote:
58d3e90a-65bf-d230-4007-6558a72c59c4.jpg
+
8oNR.jpg

It's almost all I use to lineup. Sometimes I'll use the t-outliner, but if I'm feeling lazy I won't bother.

I don't know how some of you guys manage with the mach3s and stuff.

Yo, pardon my ignorance but what is that on the left...? I stay with the Mach3 but sometimes irritattion is caused if I try to line up to often(I have to shave against the grain). Will somethin like the T Outliners or what's on the left get a close shave without cutting my face/neck line?

Thats a straight razor.

Not many people use those at home these days, generally you go to a barbershop to get that done correctly.

(i envy those who DO use a straight blade at home though)

Originally Posted by HAMMERCHARGE

dam ya going in on me and yes my barber uses it just to make it look sharp i don't have any black ice at home and i don't use it everyday lol. this pic i had in my blackberry so i posted it. i'm clean shaven now so sorry no full beard pics.
so about those pics of your face.....

if your face gets irritated when using a mach 3 against the grain..STAY AWAY from using a straight razor against grain too..that will give your face thebiggest irritation you have ever experienced i learned that when i was younger..now immune to it
smokin.gif

taken on saturday

10mlv0w.jpg

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Thats a straight razor.

Not many people use those at home these days, generally you go to a barbershop to get that done correctly.

Yea I use a str8 razor at the crib. But if dude is looking for something where hes not gonna get nicked then thats not the way to go. I dont cutmyself with it anymore. But I know the first time I got myself bad and the next 4 or 5 I ended up with cuts because you have to get the right angles for yourface. Gotta keep it str8 up and down. If you go side to side or diagonally with it you gonna get gashed.

So if your planning on starting to use a straight edge you better be prepared for some cuts the first couple times. But after that, ya skin be baby smooth andthe lines be crispy. So its worth it. But thats just the warning ill give for first time users or it.

so is it just impossible for some men to grow a full beard?
cause i can't grow one for anything, i'll got a weird booking goatee going but nothing other than that

My beard is massive right now...I'm gettin' it cut before Christmas tho, probably this week. Gotta take pics and all that.

This is what I usually keep:

c1d25e8998c3c406466d56e9119b8ef4dddf880.jpg

Not really worthy of posting, I know.

I've had my share of grizzly joints, but it doesn't grow well enough for me to keep it for a long period of time.

This is the only picture I can find:

25835f8e9e39c0f347454a7dd6d7de0e0128a5f.jpg

That was either two or three summers ago. I clearly didn't believe in neatness, and my mustache still didn't connect.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Thats a straight razor.

Yea I use a str8 razor at the crib. But if dude is looking for something where hes not gonna get nicked then thats not the way to go. I dont cut myself with it anymore. But I know the first time I got myself bad and the next 4 or 5 I ended up with cuts because you have to get the right angles for your face. Gotta keep it str8 up and down. If you go side to side or diagonally with it you gonna get gashed.

So if your planning on starting to use a straight edge you better be prepared for some cuts the first couple times. But after that, ya skin be baby smooth and the lines be crispy. So its worth it. But thats just the warning ill give for first time users or it.

QFT
roll.gif
roll.gif

i had my face looking i was in some cat fight cuts all over the place and applying vaseline (pause) or neosporin to the cuts, walking around having my facelooking all glossy (pause)

but once u learn how to properly use it those is worth it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

if your face gets irritated when using a mach 3 against the grain..STAY AWAY from using a straight razor against grain too..that will give your face the biggest irritation you have ever experienced i learned that when i was younger..now immune to it
smokin.gif

taken on saturday

10mlv0w.jpg
Thats a crisp line, kudos sir. You did that yourself with a straight blade?

Thats a straight razor.

Yea I use a str8 razor at the crib. But if dude is looking for something where hes not gonna get nicked then thats not the way to go. I dont cut myself with it anymore. But I know the first time I got myself bad and the next 4 or 5 I ended up with cuts because you have to get the right angles for your face. Gotta keep it str8 up and down. If you go side to side or diagonally with it you gonna get gashed.

So if your planning on starting to use a straight edge you better be prepared for some cuts the first couple times. But after that, ya skin be baby smooth and the lines be crispy. So its worth it. But thats just the warning ill give for first time users or it.

QFT
roll.gif
roll.gif

i had my face looking i was in some cat fight cuts all over the place and applying vaseline (pause) or neosporin to the cuts, walking around having my face looking all glossy (pause)

pimp.gif

My barber uses a straight razor on me and I still get cut.(I have sensitive skin) IMO Its too expensive and tedious to be messing with a straight razor. Therazors are pricey.

Thats a straight razor.

QFT
roll.gif
roll.gif

i had my face looking i was in some cat fight cuts all over the place and applying vaseline (pause) or neosporin to the cuts, walking around having my face looking all glossy (pause)

pimp.gif

My barber uses a straight razor on me and I still get cut.(I have sensitive skin) IMO Its too expensive and tedious to be messing with a straight razor. The razors are pricey.
You serious? Its like $5 for a 50 pack of double edged that you can split in half. Basically a 100 pack for $5. That sure as hell beats buying a 3pack of mach 3 blades for 20 bucks or something close to that.

i had to shave mine, my face started itching and i get a lot of ingrown hairs when i dont shave
frown.gif

Thats a straight razor.

QFT
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

My barber uses a straight razor on me and I still get cut.(I have sensitive skin) IMO Its too expensive and tedious to be messing with a straight razor. The razors are pricey.
You serious? Its like $5 for a 50 pack of double edged that you can split in half. Basically a 100 pack for $5. That sure as hell beats buying a 3 pack of mach 3 blades for 20 bucks or something close to that.

I'm referring to the blades my barber uses. I remember him telling me he paid around $100 for a pack. He's old school type barber so he wont be usingcheap blades.

Back
Top Bottom