open sketch thread

ok, back with more gundam work.

did a wing zero custom today with some graff in it, enjoy!

61z3lmg.jpg
TeamMUFC#7
BACK WHERE IT BELONGS
CHAMPIONSAGAIN!

Ben, thats sick, one of the best sketches Ive seen from you if you ask me, safisticated, but not too much. Good job!
RIP Mike Szabo aka my Godfather.

Thanks Johnny! I really wasn't expecting this sketch to get a good response.

JKiCKz9: Sick work as usual. Your highlight work is awesome.

Ben: quite nice. I already asked you a question on kicksguide (I'm Travis Peterson). I have a suggestion: Unless it's a very high-cut shoe, your ankle proportions are a bit off. Might want to make it bigger. But I don't know, maybe you didn't spend alot of time on this and you were just going for the idea (which is great). Keep it up!

Thanks for the suggestion Travis! I did whip this up pretty quick, but I should still be watching out for the proportions.

BTW, I answered your questions on KG....

thanks ak47, your renderings are quite sick as well.

i used to do some, but i just like illustrating more.
TeamMUFC#7​
BACK WHERE IT BELONGS​
CHAMPIONSAGAIN!​

Here is the Jordan IV I did. The whole shoe is made up of the word Jordan. I think it came out nice.

reggie a couple of nice stuff up in there! Your shape on the shoes are off. Nice slippers though. Hmm Ima post somestuff soon.

Reggie very nice stuff my dude. You'll get some good feedback on Core, but I will say it looks like you've got a talent, work on the proportions though. Good stuff!

-Ben

Hmmm havent posted ina while here are some stuff. First off some sketches. Most where inspired by grape leaves...lol...I was at my grandparents place. And a couple of conncepts.
537vouv.jpg

5z52amo.jpg
64397yu.jpg

6fk7u2s.jpg

Ak47celtics are you really 14?.. Damn man.. I'm 14 too and people say my renderings are good but yours are crazy. Especially how you get the shading and coloring. Hopefully I can get some of my stuff on here too.

Yeah man I am 14. Lemme tell you though that anyone at 14 can be as good as I am. If you bust your butt and ENJOY what you're doing, you can achieve your goal. Hard work will always outshine natural talent. I wasn't born good at drawing shoes. In fact, at some point I should scan in some of my original designs. LOL. You guys would have a field day.

I look forward to seeing your work att baller. If you ever need anything feel free to hit me up: [email protected]

Peace

-Ben

Johny: Something I noticed with all those sketches is that the heel sticks back to far. You might want to try tracing over the shape of a shoe, and then maybe photocopying it so you'll have a good template to sketch on. As far as the design goes, they look pretty good. The lines look like they have a lot of tension in them though. When you're sketching, instead of erasing the same line over and over, try loosening up your grip on the pencil and just sort of let it be what it is. You can draw it over again on a separate shoe, and then once you're done you'll have lots of variations to choose from. If you erase, you'll lose all those variations and you'll have only one version of the line. This might be kind of confusing....I'll try to find an example of what I'm talking about to help you out. Anyhow, it's a good start. Are you looking to turn this into a completed design?

Hmm, dont know I might work it out. I see what youre sayin, good advice, thanks. ABout the heel, it was supposed to be my intention, but I dont know if it would work. Dont remember why I wanted it like that, oh it was a cart that gave me the idea that was lyin around in the garden, whichs back was slanted outwords. But I put thought of into it, cause it might cause the lack of stability,what do you think?

^I think what he means about the heel is that the whole shoe looks to be slanted or shifted backwords...Not just that last shoe with the piece sticking out, but your actually proportions and shape...Really the thing you need to work on is shape/proportions...
Ben-good stuff...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Some old things...*Edit a lot won't upload*...
6bd6783.jpg

62fpflh.jpg

Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Looks wierd. I hear what your sayin maybe, I dont know but the pics are a bit slanted cause I made em with a digital camera. But Ima keep workin on the shape.

Arrf: Good stuff man. You might wanna work on your Jumpman though. LOL. I'm not so great at drawing them either, so sometimes I just won't draw it and then I'll add it in on the computer. If you change the colors to the same as the lines, as the shade of red, etc...usually it looks pretty good. Design wise I'm really liking it. What is the function of those black straps?

Its something far fetched, maybe work it out.....Here are some stuff I did today, tried to work at the shape.
4xqf77k.jpg

6gwgfh3.jpg

4pb06j6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom