open sketch thread

Some more for Junior...

521851z.jpg

53g05ec.jpg

Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Arff: That's sexy man I really like the idea. Your design as well as the fact that my favorite player has returned to dominance has inspired me. I think the next thing I will work on is a Griffey shoe.

Here is my current work and first work with my new scanner. Let me introduce it for y'all. It is a Kobe conept with Zoom Air in the heel. The toe is subject to change but is now a Foamposite-inspired thing I don't really know yet I want it to be lightweight and flexible (quick question when the toe is covered with the material is it called double-lasted?). It has a carbon fiber shank plate that comes up the side on the lateral arch for stability. Aiding to the stability issue is the TPU toe strap and connected TPU piece that goes to the heel. Then comes the coolest part. The upper strap is removable. The logo on the back is connected to the heel piece with magnets on the edges (sketches will come). The logo is connected to the strap which can be removed and the logo can be replaced with a normal logo (without the strap). Let me know what you think!

^ Not bad...Really reminds me of a Pierce shoe...If you want the shoe to be lightweight though, then foamposite is not the best idea...,,,Still a very nice design, look forward to seeing more from you...

I like the Swingman design a lot. But, you gotta clean up the markers. Keep it movin. Dont let it get blotchy. Know what I mean?

^ Ya I know what you mean...Im not great with markers at all, but I also havn't really been tought too much how to use em'...It was hard because I had to color in smaller portions because of those green circles, and I wanted to keep that area lighter, so I just didn't know how to make it look smoother without darkening it, till it gets too dark...

Not bad arff. It definitely has that mid 90s vibe with the elliptical shapes and curves. As for the blotchyness, Im not gonna lie. I suck at using markers and sometimes I do get that really blotchy look too which is why my final renderings tend to be done in computer instead of marker. What I would do was pretty much marker an area and oversaturate it till it looked smooth. Yes it would waste a lot of ink, but heck I figure I could buy another marker if I save here and there. Then I figured I could just use colored pencils of a similar color in little lighter shades and darker shades to do all the shadows and lightening over the marker work I've done. Actually if you get a colored pencil of the same color you used, you can smooth out those areas of blotchyness. And the colored pencil will give it a nice texture too. But you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

Also what kind of paper do you use? I notice that with like laser paper, my marker work is much more streaky while in marker paper it blends a little better. Although bristol board aint to bad for markers either, except that it costs a lot for not so many sheets.

Quote:
Im not gonna lie. I suck at using markers
:lol:
laugh.gif
using colored pencils as arch said. It really helps with texture, and that really is a big part of correlating your idea from you, to paper, to another person.

Thanks for the help guys...

Hey Reggie2k8..........Those IV's are crazy!!!
eek.gif
All that from the word JORDAN..........Very Nice
pimp.gif

"I hit the sneaker store and say two words: Gimme those" - Juelz Santana

Nice work there Arff. I don't know if this has already been said, but I think it would be cool if you used some more highlights. I think that could make the perfs stand out more, as well as give a more realistic sense of lighting.

H2K8 sketch:
4ukdefs.jpg

that midsole looks mad familiar:

6blj6dd.jpg

But, I decided to look thru my old stuff to Getback. Here's some of it that I wanted to throw up:

LBJ--
63u7iif.jpg

Total 360--
4lyvjbb.jpg

4ward--
53pftsl.jpg

IYE2: As far as the forefoot midsole goes, I can see the resemblance, but I think those shapes are pretty commonly used on the outrigger area.

I love that LBJ concept. It looks nice and functions nice. I think you could use brighter highlights in some areas to bring out the contrast more. Still, a hot design.

Ben: You just keep improving! Hope I can keep up! :wink:
wink.gif
Are you layin down a light grey marker for the shading? All your stuff has that grey effect goin and I can't tell if its pencil or marker.

Btw, are you going to enter anything in the David Beckham shoe contest on KG? Just curious, because I think I might and I would love to see what you would come up with.

Yep, it's light gray marker. I usually use 20% cool gray to define the form of the shoe, and then 40-60% for deep shading. I wouldn't use this technique on real renderings, though. It can look overworked and cartoony. This is just a quick way to get a good looking sketch that communicates the idea.

I don't plan to enter anything in the Beckham contest. I'm going to be away for a while, and soccer cleats really isn't my area of expertise. But if I decide to I'll be sure to let you know.

Ben, I think your opening is a bit too small for ana ctual shoe. Iye2 nice sketches!
RIP Mike Szabo aka my Godfather.

Yeah, as of late I've been having the heel swoop up at an angle to make it look sleeker. Probably not very practical, but I think it looks cool. I'll try to avoid doing that with my next sketch.

^ Sick Sick Sick Job....You just keep improving..

Back
Top Bottom