open sketch thread

ak- It looks like you matched up the back with the profile shot...but it still looks off...It def. looks too tall...You are still way ahead for your age though, keep it up..
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Thanks for the comments guys....I agree the heel looks too tall, but like you said I matched it up with the lateral so I'm not sure what's making it look so tall.

*EDIT* You guys were right..lol....here's a redone outsole and heel view:
4km0jea.jpg

ak- I think I figured out why....The width of the shoe is too small...That is what gives it a higher look..If you are going to match the lines up, then you have to make sure the width will be similar to the profile shot...I'm not sure, but I guess the only way to do that is just by trial...by trying different widths and seeing what looks best....
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Ben,

Arff is right. The problem is that it is not wide enough. The other problem is that your shoe is probably cut a bit high for what it is...that's just the hoops designer in ya :wink:
wink.gif

Try redoing the profile view with a bit lower cut (look at some existing trainers) then just widen the heel view out a bit and you'll be good.

As always, excellent work my friend!

-TH
"So many times it happens too fast.
You trade your passion for glory.

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."

4y0pmp2.jpg

I made the height of the heel a bit lower......I didn't do a completely new rendering, only because I really like the proportions of the front of the shoe and I couldn't seem to duplicate them. I didn't do a new heel view either because it lined up and I thought it looked pretty good. What do you think?

I see what you mean......do you think the heel looks as tall anymore? The main purpose of the change was just to match it up with the heel.

I think you have a great start and if you really want to perfect it, then you should keep drawing it and keep changing what needs to be changed. Personally, I think the shoe should have a more open heel area where it doesn't look quite like the shoe is swallowing the ankle. Just my opinion.

Thats much better, easiest way to change it is something I heard from I think Tony, trace it onto another paper, and change what needs to be changed

RIP Mike Szabo aka my Godfather.

Easiest way to change something, heard it from Tony, is to trace it onto anothwer piece of paper and midify what needs to be changed..
RIP Mike Szabo aka my Godfather.

Yeah that's how I've been doing it.....I just trace over the area I want to change, change it, then paste it on to the shoe on the computer.
Do you think the most recent version looks too chopped off at the heel? I'm thinking I might go with the slightly edited version with the tab still at the heel. This most recent one looks a bit awkward to me.....What do you think?

some dope little creations, but yea most look like the turned down samples of now numbered jordans, and yea some look like they would be a pretty dope team jordan.
looking for >>>anything<<< size 7 and 7.5
-nike dunk hi "undefeated" clerks
-nike sb "j-rod"
-nike cowboy 5 "las vegas"

The problem is that the throat opening is to small. Even with the revised versions it still looks off.
Its a good looking shoe but there's a lot of seams conjoining at a blowout area and it kinda looks similar to another 1 I seen of yours, but the detail is good. Keep it up.

I see you.........think it would be better like this?
6c4q8w5.jpg

BTW, sorry for take over this thread, anyone who wants to post work please go ahead.

IMO i think the tounge are is a little high from where the ankle is cut + maybe a bigger swoosh, but that is IMO

Ben,

Your apex is too high compared to the heel. The apex is the highest point where the quarters come together at your ankle where the tongue is. LOL...that was a weird explanation, but basically where your top eyelet is. I see you are kinda trying to cut corners to save yourself some work, but you need one more solid redraw at least to tweak it out and make it right. Don't dread this process, often you can discover some new things that you like much better along the way!

Do you have a copier at home? I always make black and white copies to color so I can keep a clean version of the line art for redraws. Plus if you mess up or want to try different colors, you have back ups. I am a firm believer in all-in-ones! (printer/copier/scanner).

-TH

I do have a copier......except it's involved in a different kind of all in one (scanner/copier/faxer). So whenever I want to copy something, I have to scan it, email it to myself, and then print it on another computer....BUT, that being said, I might start using that process because it seems like it's worth it. I guess it would take off all the pressure when rendering..

I don't know if you saw on Core, but I'm starting to develop the design. There seems to be some issues with the shoe not being suited to trail running. Anyways, I might do 2 versions, just because the one I've posted here is pretty hot IMO, and even if it's not ready for wearing.....it's still hot!

A sequel to JT's And 1's...........

4q5tfmv.jpg

After seeing them on zappos, I was inspired to do a sequel to the Cornering Mid. I remembered that JT originally intended the shoe to have a special lace strap system, so I tried to incorporate that. The shoe is also intended to be very lightweight like the first. Comments welcome!

Back
Top Bottom