open sketch thread

holy cow creativiT thats great work...how long did that take you? and tokes, that hand-done markered shoe is really nice. i love your work its so unique; i can tell its yours just by seeing it.

^ sketches in pen don't take long, few minutes. The mechas took a little longer though, about 40 for the standing one. It doesn't take very long because there's no perspective and I only did half (bailed out of the second half by throwing on a cape).
-T

Wanted (10): The Kobe (playoffs), Nike Zoom 2k3 (any white based colorway)

Can anyone show me how to add texture?
I know you're suppose to use patterns or prints for harringbone pattern but I can't figure it out. Also trying to figure you how to make the grey look like metal.
2qcdykg.jpg
XL LRG Red Hidden Resolution/Deep Cover HoodyM LRG Purple Iron Maiden Hoody

Tokes how much do tablet PCs run for? Those are the things you draw onto and its connected to the pc so it shos up on the screen?
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

^ no, you're thinking about a Wacom Tablet (that black thing under his scanner, right to the mouse). The Wacom Tablet also allows you to draw with a stylus, but sketching with a Tablet PC has a more natural feel since you're drawing directly over the screen of the laptop. You can still connect the Tablet PC to your monitor (mainly for print/color purposes)
-T

tokes..I think your actual marker renderings better communicate ideas as far as materials go..but, Im guessin those tablet drawings arent fully rendered (?) so Idk.

Good stuff every1
330?

Made this for the Feb. KG contest. I decided to bring out the markers again. Hope you guys like. I would have a description, but I'm a little tired right now, ha. The upper is kind of plain, but I plan to get back to it in the future.

2eewo6u.jpg

A Pacers colorway
4boif6o.jpg

Arch: I really like your design. The whole flow of the shoe. I agree with you there seems to be missing just a bit on the upper. The shoe looks fine on the lateral view, but on the perspective view, the shoe does look a little plain (might be because the grey strip seems thinner. Is it there on the forefoot?).
I love the double stitch line at the forefoot. Great detail. Nice render on the outsole too.
How did you do it? Looks marble-like on the white colorway.

On the last colorway. It looks more like a Pacers colorway. Might be my screen that changes the hue of your purple though and makes it look more blue than it really is.

Would you mind posting the sketches in B&W?

Good stuff !!

-T

Yeah Ill try to get those sketches up, but there really quite messy, almost chicken scratch like. I just realized that I didn't use a purple for that black colorway, but instead an indigo blue, so its definitely not your monitor. I dont know what happened. Well I guess its now a J. O'Neal colorway :smile:
smile.gif

To tell you the truth I only like the heel and the midsole....the upper, deffinately rework if you ask me. DOnt meen to be rude. I'm really liking the heel though, and nice rendering with markers!!

Archeever: Very nice presentation, much better than mine. I really like the sole, but I think as others have said the upper is missing something. It doesn't look bland, but it looks like it might be missing an element. Still looks very nice though.

EDIT: Here's mine....
4gypt0p.jpg
Any feedback welcome!

I'm really likin the small sketch on the far right. BUt good ideas, nice job!

nice job Thomas, im lovin it. those are alot different than the concept sketches you sent me haha.
ill get at you later tho...see if i cant whip up a couple more sketches for the diadora right quick and ship em out
** Not new...just a new SN **

DOLLAMAN11

Yeah I entered I'll post my work tomorrow.

ak47, I definitely like it. I think you captured the lexus more than i did. I liked the progression you went through with the sketches. Awesome.

Drew this out of boredom in class one day. Meant to be a Force football shoe since NIKE is pushing Force so much. Sorry bout the lines, was on notebook paper :rolleyes
eyes.gif
3yzxu6p.jpg
Still for the Hawks
Batista, Childress, Claxton, Ivey, Johnson, Jones, Lue, Medvedenko, Pachulia, Richardson, Smith, Stoudamire, M. Williams, S. Williams, Wright

Hey doesn't look too bad....just one thing: Instead of making your lines thick and hairy, just do one thin line. It will help communicate the design better.

^exactly, It will make your overall drawing much cleaner and crisp too.
Try "ghosting" your line before you draw it. If you don't know, ghosting means to run your pencil/pen over the line you're projecting to draw without actually drawing it. By doing that, it helps you visualize the line so you can do it in one stroke.

A great exercise taken from Scott Robertson (sick) is to draw 2 dots at a good distance apart, then ghost from one to the other to memorize the motion/path and draw the line in one quick smooth stroke. It's like playing connect the dots. See how much you're off by, Check if you line is straight. Do parallels.
It helps to make long straight and sharp lines without using a tool, since your arm "remembers" the motion after ghosting a couple of times. Also builds control over your arm too. Doing circles in one motion is good to practice too.

-T

Thanks alot guys, I think I might do some more in the future.
Still for the Hawks
Batista, Childress, Claxton, Ivey, Johnson, Jones, Lue, Medvedenko, Pachulia, Richardson, Smith, Stoudamire, M. Williams, S. Williams, Wright

Those seem like really good practices Creativ man Ima try those. Heres my entry for the Lexus theme. Tried to do somethin simple then again take as many ideas from the car as possible.
3ymecjt.jpg

--" style="border:0;"/><!--[/img]

Alright, here's my thoughts/questions:
-I think you translated the LF-A pretty well into the shoe.
-I like the color scheme, I think it works well with this theme.
-Performance aspects of the shoe?
-Is that a midfoot strap? Or just an aesthetic element.
-What is that grey striped material at the heel and forefoot?
-What's the reason for the low-cut?

Thanks for the feedback. Answers to your questions: Preformance, nothing extra really Air in the heel and zoom air in forefoot, for comfort and if used for sport activities responsivness. It has a TPU heelpiece for support and to reduce risk of injuries while out joggin, twisted ankle etc. No it aint a strap just a design elemant, the concept of that was to resemble the idea of how the window is made up of 3 pieces on the car. A big one in the middle, and a small one infront and behind it. The "strap like elemant" resembles the large piece, the air vent in front and the outrigger behind it are the two smaller windows, just an idea....The stripped material would be a mesh covered with stripes with Polyetherane, for breathability. Well its a sports car, which are usually low to the earth so thought I'd use that somehow. Thanks for the comments!

Back
Top Bottom