Opinions of Drake

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Drake is defitnely one the best lyricist OR arguably the best lyricist of the up & coming homies.

Homie has the MOST anticipated album of 2010 hands down. & is the most hyped up & coming rapper since 50 Cent.

And YES i believe Drizzy's buzz IS BIGGER than 50 Cent's in 02'-03'.

#JustSayin

*Kanye Shrug*

This. But best lyricist of all time?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude barely is a lyricist
roll.gif

laugh.gif
Word though. Everything is very simple / easy on the brain. Clever and well thought, but simple. Simplicity & clarity are huge parts of his appeal,without his fans really noticing. It's rather cunning. I appreciate Drake and he is great at what he does, but he is not a top tier wordsmith. His lyricsare catchy, and that's why y'all love it, I'm not taking anything away from him because that takes a lot of thought & skill, but he is by nomeans the top tier lyricist some believe he is.

Oh yeah, and one more thang
laugh.gif

"Get Rich or Die Tryin" IS a CLASSIC ALBUM.

50 Cent droppin' a classic debut album is incredible.

Now do I believe Drake can drop a CLASSIC "Thank Me Later" album?

I really & truly DON'T KNOW whether he can or not....

BUT!

He HAS the pressure to drop a MORE THAN EXCELLENT album or a CLASSIC hands down.

Anything a tiny-bit less, will be considered a #FAIL for Aubrey

ohwell.gif

Drake HAS bigger buzz than Curtis, before their debut LP's.

Yall trollin' if you believe otherwise.
I know you're not kidding so Ima just say your memory is faulty. I'm not trying to discredit Drake, I still wonder how he can push moreunits with a 7 month old slimmed down mixtape than most rappers could with their full length LP's in 2009. I'd go as far as to say he's one of themost buzz worthy rappers of the decade. Behind 50 in 01/02, and behind Wayne in 07/08. His buzz right now is immaculate to say the least. But if you thinkhis name is bigger than Fifty's was circa GRODT then you're confused.

Does he have 6-7 songs on the radio at once? Does he have a single #1 song (I actually don't know)? Is the whole nation rockin with him? Is hesuccessfully pushing his own merchandise? Is he standing side by side and close to surpassing the current biggest star in the game? Yes. Does he have his ownsneaker?

Two years from now when he's cemented in the game is he gonna have a motion picture dictating his life (I know he was already on tv)? Is he gonna have avideo game?

EVERYBODY was rocking with 50. I'd say Drake's buzz is more like 75-25. There are a lot of grown men and hood #!@@+@ who straight up don't $@%$with son.

I'm just saying this so that hopefully you'll realize that no, Drakes buzz isn't what 50's was.

Drake Is WEAK...just his voice gives me a headache...Its hard to take him seriously..if you like lyricist you should try jammin Yungstar or Pharoah

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I know you're not kidding so Ima just say your memory is faulty. I'm not trying to discredit Drake, I still wonder how he can push more units with a 7 month old slimmed down mixtape than most rappers could with their full length LP's in 2009. I'd go as far as to say he's one of the most buzz worthy rappers of the decade. Behind 50 in 01/02, and behind Wayne in 07/08. His buzz right now is immaculate to say the least. But if you think his name is bigger than Fifty's was circa GRODT then you're confused.

Does he have 6-7 songs on the radio at once? Does he have a single #1 song (I actually don't know)? Is the whole nation rockin with him? Is he successfully pushing his own merchandise? Is he standing side by side and close to surpassing the current biggest star in the game? Yes. Does he have his own sneaker?

Two years from now when he's cemented in the game is he gonna have a motion picture dictating his life (I know he was already on tv)? Is he gonna have a video game?

EVERYBODY was rocking with 50. I'd say Drake's buzz is more like 75-25. There are a lot of grown men and hood #!@@+@ who straight up don't $@%$ with son.

I'm just saying this so that hopefully you'll realize that no, Drakes buzz isn't what 50's was.

QFT

???????? Bigger buzz than CURTIS? YOU MEAN GET RICH OR DIE TRYING??????????????? You serious?

1. Music isn't nearly as mainstream as it was when fiddy dropped

2. Dude had a mill without selling one record.

3. My dad knew in da club by heart, he couldn't tell you drake from miley Cyrus

4. Do you remember the numbers that album did? People bought it when burning cd's was at its prime

5. I must be getting too old for this NT mess if cats really saying Drake got more buzz than 50 had. Cats in commas was rocking their heads to In Da club.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

I know you're not kidding so Ima just say your memory is faulty. I'm not trying to discredit Drake, I still wonder how he can push more units with a 7 month old slimmed down mixtape than most rappers could with their full length LP's in 2009. I'd go as far as to say he's one of the most buzz worthy rappers of the decade. Behind 50 in 01/02, and behind Wayne in 07/08. His buzz right now is immaculate to say the least. But if you think his name is bigger than Fifty's was circa GRODT then you're confused.

Does he have 6-7 songs on the radio at once? Does he have a single #1 song (I actually don't know)? Is the whole nation rockin with him? Is he successfully pushing his own merchandise? Is he standing side by side and close to surpassing the current biggest star in the game? Yes. Does he have his own sneaker?

Two years from now when he's cemented in the game is he gonna have a motion picture dictating his life (I know he was already on tv)? Is he gonna have a video game?

EVERYBODY was rocking with 50. I'd say Drake's buzz is more like 75-25. There are a lot of grown men and hood #!@@+@ who straight up don't $@%$ with son.

QFT

preach

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

QFT

preach

HAMCITY: Some of what you said is true. But most of your arguements are thing's 50 Cent accomplished AFTER his debut LP dropped (Which isa classic BTW, no arguement there.)

Drake has 1 commercially & critcally acclaimed mixtape. That boosted him to becoming SUPERSTAR ( yes, i said SUPERSTAR without a debut album. )GRAMMYNOMINATED
sick.gif
smh.gif
WITHOUT AN ALBUM.

Playa I know your not serious with this one
indifferent.gif

Homie is on like 10 records on the radio (features)

and of course he has the whole nation (including Canada
laugh.gif
) rockin' with him. duuuh
eyes.gif

HAMCITY #Cmonson

guys, i think or sense that dipset general is playing around. like he's pulling your chain.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

guys, i think or sense that dipset general is playing around. like he's pulling your chain.
He seriously has to be. No one can be that dumb.

And for the record Drake is extremely overrated, probably the second most overrated artist out right now besides Wayne.

he owes me money........smfh i want a personal check hand written by him back for the concert i paid to go see him at 1 yr and a half ago

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

QFT

preach

HAMCITY: Some of what you said is true. But most of your arguements are thing's 50 Cent accomplished AFTER his debut LP dropped (Which is a classic BTW, no arguement there.)

Drake has 1 commercially & critcally acclaimed mixtape. That boosted him to becoming SUPERSTAR ( yes, i said SUPERSTAR without a debut album. )GRAMMY NOMINATED
sick.gif
smh.gif
WITHOUT AN ALBUM.

Playa I know your not serious with this one
indifferent.gif

Homie is on like 10 records on the radio (features) EDIT: Plus the 3-4 songs singles off SFG

and of course he has the whole nation (including Canada
laugh.gif
) rockin' with him. duuuh
eyes.gif

HAMCITY #Cmonson

Ya'll are nostalgic for no reason right now...

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by jthagreat

He seriously has to be. No one can be that dumb.

And for the record Drake is extremely overrated, probably the second most overrated artist out right now besides Wayne.

Drake is defitnely one the best lyricist OR arguably the best lyricist of the up & coming homies.

Homie has the MOST anticipated album of 2010 hands down. & is the most hyped up & coming rapper since 50 Cent.

And YES i believe Drizzy's buzz IS BIGGER than 50 Cent's in 02'-03'.

#JustSayin

*Kanye Shrug*

How u sound my g bigger than 50 in 02-03? So drake is gonna sell 14 million? Kill yourself deadass

Back
Top Bottom