Orange Is The New Black // Netflix Original Series from the creator of Weeds

I know some ppl who intentionally stretch out the show so they don't watch it all in one day and be waiting a whole year. But this is NT so I just stay outta threads all together an OP might spoil it for you :lol:

:wow: :lol:

pousey death felt unrealistic

how did they just kinda drop the fact that they found that "guard's" body?

im confused as to how the meth girl was getting drugs in and pooping it out tho?

Unrealistic in what sense? That it isn't possible to kill someone like that or that someone should have noticed that she was dying? Either way, have you seen the Eric Garner video? It's very possible to die that way without anyone noticing.

They didn't drop the dead guard. They found the culprit and sent her to psych. What more is there to discuss?

Nicky explained it. She said someone likely passed it to her during a kiss, which is why she had to swallow it.

Anyway was anyone else bothered by how they portrayed and used the BLM? Apparently they have an all white team of writer and producers so I guess you can't expect much, but it still turned me off that they turned Bailey into the victim and they gave us all this back story to make it seem like he was a good kid. I get that they were trying to show that things like this happen in real life, but they really went out of their way to push on viewers that accidents happen smh.

Here is a good article I read about the whole thing https://www.philadelphiaprintworks....black-walks-the-line-of-exploitation-spoilers

unrealistic in the ways you said, because people DID notice both eric garner and poussey dying and the cops ignored them

but also that they tried to make it crazy eyes fault that it happened

and also poussy aint screamor nothing she just gon lie there and die and not protect her life at all? nah

i thought healy just had her committed because he wanted to feel like he was doing something?

i must have missed where the consequence for murdering a prison guard is the psych ward

what passing drugs thru a kiss? when are they allowed to even touch during visits?

and i dont they ever showed her visiting with anyone?

***** are you slow? She's getting pinned down, crushed and couldn't breath. You think she's all of a sudden gonna be able to scream at the top of her lungs?

And the consequences occur because they're insane. Just like in real life when people plead insanity in a murder and go to a mental health facility.

They rarely show visits. Hell they rarely show all the prisoners. Plenty of stuff happen off screen.

Dudes really have no understanding of real life but call things unrealistic? Making it sound like they were summoning dragons or something.

Last edited:
im sayin in a situation like that where you know youre about to die you jus gon meekly whimper and die?

she wasnt gettin pinned or crushed she had a knee in her back

her arms were free she wasnt being choked out

if she was insane and that was the story they shoulda showed all that

she get sent to psych for murder but that old black lady from s1 got solitary just for pushing a guard

and for you to say it happen off screen when the crux of that story is how is she gettin it is just dumb

its one thing to disagree but you dont see me callin anyone stupid get over yourself

talmbout its not a fantasy show when the whole show is one white power fantasy ****

She's like 40 lbs soaking wet. She's not about to hulk out guy.

Did you watch any of the scenes with Lolly in it? You really didn't get that she had mental issues from any of that? Someone has to directly state that in the show for you?

This wasn't the first time drugs have been in the show. They don't need to show every instance of it.

lolly's mental issues have to be proven to be dangerous to the point of her committing murder

its insulting to insinuate that mental issues are measure of propensity to murder by virtue of being mental

and more than that, the process by which that was determined and that they need to put her in psych instead of max

but its all good lilly white lolly gets the help she needs so white people can rest happy

and i didnt say she had to outhulk him but do something

even in ur example eric garner SHOUTED i cant breathe

what did poussey do?

and like i said, if theyre going to base a plotline on this then YES they need to show how this idiot is able to outsmart anyone well enough to pull something like that off

Young did you watch the show? :lol:

She did say she couldn't breathe but it wasn't loud enough to be heard over the commotion going on. She's tiny not much she could do with a scary *** guard on her back.

I guess they assumed Lolly was harmless until the guard was killed but didn't she confess when in her little hideaway or Heely coached her into saying she did it? It was clear all season she was off. Always talking about drones and being watched by various government organizations.

She's not really getting help either. She's just being locked away with other people who appear to be in far worse condition than her. Doesn't look like many people get well enough to ever leave that place.

Nicki said how the drugs were getting in don't think its a big deal that wasn't shown.

young so that explains it shes a girl so she just gonna go out weak and not fighting back

i mean its poussey and she never hurt a fly so she would never impose on the guard killing her by doing something to save her own damn life

but no the writers present it to you one way and thats all the ways you can see it going 
mean.gif

they killed that girl for drama only not to tell any deeper story about blm

just cause it evokes memories of real life events you take that to mean they somehow doing justice to blm

sure poussey was skinny but it wasnt that giant capt on top of her either

it was unrealistic point blank

all you pointed out about lolly being crazy didnt make her dangerous, so explain to me how she graduates to murder by virtue of being harmlessly crazy?

and as far as gettin in he drugs, you may not have cared to see it but it made the story fall flat IMO

Last edited:
It's completely realistic. Let's say Poussey weighed 110lbs, that guard prob outweighed her by 40-60lbs. He had his entire body weight on her back. So let's say he weighed 165lbs, for her to push off she'd have to basically bench press his entire weight plus the weight of her upper body and let's estimate that being a total of 200lbs. Not to mention that the same guard was fighting off Crazy Eyes so he may have been poppin' up and down on her chest making it worse.

Is it really unrealistic to believe that she could not push off almost twice her weight?

Have you ever had somebody sit on your back or chest? Or even bear hug you real tight? Breathing and talking aren't as easy as they normally are. She would not have been able to scream or yell out

And regarding Lolly being a murderer, in her defense she actually didn't kill that guy and also she did that save a life. Makes her heroic more than a murderer

im saying she did nothing to save her own life, thats whats unrealistic to me

she could have pissed herself, i bet he woulda got off of her then

but no she meekly and quietly just submitted to being killed without any resistance

all those circumstances about lolly are irrelevant, as far as they know she murdered a guard only

With all that commotion she could have voided her bowels and nobody would have noticed. You have to watch the episode again, it was mayhem. It's not that she didn't do anything but she physically could not. 

nah they needed they black girl dead for "plot purposes"

it didnt matter what olympics they had to go thru to get there

mayhem yet the very second she's dead tastey can somehow quell the mayhem to alert everyone 
eyes.gif

half the reason for the "mayhem" is crazy eyes all of sudden conveniently not being able to form a sentence 
eyes.gif

This may be my last season.

Not as fun as it was.

I feel like everything has been covered.
Definitely not as fun as S1 and S2. 3 felt really calm compared to all the conflict prior.

The way the prison was run made the show less about the girls and more about the guards than before. Plus the fact that all the guards were tripping. Psycho, half witted, clueless, power tripping shmucks. The mistreatment of the girls made the show harder to watch personally.

Still enjoyed it though. Last two episodes were really well put together. I root for Caputo, but damn the way he did a 180 at the last second and flushed away everything he really believed in had me livid. Thought he would rage against the machine that is MCC and his girl. Really thought he'd do it. The cliffhanger was bomb though. Would have been more dramatic if there was a shot fired and a blank screen. At least we know someone was shot.

im sayin in a situation like that where you know youre about to die you jus gon meekly whimper and die?

she wasnt gettin pinned or crushed she had a knee in her back

her arms were free she wasnt being choked out

its one thing to disagree but you dont see me callin anyone stupid get over yourself

talmbout its not a fantasy show when the whole show is one white power fantasy ****
its almost as if you only read a summary and didnt watch the show at all. but ill humor you. in a situation when you're about to die... you dont think straight all the time. but leading into this specific case.. it IS like she was getting pinned and crushed cuz she had a knee in her back. poussey was like 100lbs soaking wet. with that chubby dudes entire bodyweight centered in the middle of her back pinning her to a tiled floor. its safe to assume, she couldnt gather enough air to scream out.

if you dont think this is possible, you've probably never gotten the wind knocked out of you. then u say her arms were free. she was facedown man... was she supposed to become "doublejointed" at the shoulder and reach backwards above her head to shove him off? you dont gotta be choked out when your lungs are crushed.

the entire show is a white power fantasy when the most beloved characters are all black? i dont understand some of you on NT, i really dont.

What happened to Poussey is not farfetched at all. As for writing, it is what it is. This the show that confuses gold wearing Mexicans for Dominicans. :lol:

Yeah, I'm done with this show. I thought season 3 was bad but this **** was the worst. Everything they did seemed thoughtless, like there weren't even writers this season. They tried too hard to make **** seem "dangerous" and "edgy". They're running out of **** to cover, show is BASURA.

A ***** is really gonna eat a live mouse over 10 dead flies? No

The cop just sitting there kneeling on her back? No. Especially someone as scared and soft as that guy. He's running and hiding. But anyway, he's on her and then he slides off. Then an angle later he's back on her. It was just too fake. Writers ****** that one all the way up. Could have at least made it believable. They tried to stretch that **** as long as they could to make it seem real but it wasn't real at all.

The dominican girl running **** was also dumb as ****. Episode 3 or 4 she wants no part of this, next episode she's the leader? That's not how it works. She got people ahead of her. That was dumb as ****.

Piper's character is wack as hell. She adds YEARS to the leader of a "hispanic gang" and all they do is brand her? Again, not realistic.

The white broad with the white hair, her whole character and the killing was a drag. **** was boring as hell to watch. She was real normal in the earlier seasons, now she hears voices and has problems?

Then the HE SHE guy. The **** was that for? What purpose did that serve the show?

One of the worst seasons I've ever seen a show have.

Last edited:
finished the latest season. where do they go from here? the show is all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom