OREGON = PAC-10 CHAMPIONS! Rose Bowl bound! Bring on Ohio State!

The Pac-10 game of the year. Winner takes the Rose Bowl berth and the Pac-10 crown.

Jeremiah Masoli
3053926967_95faea815e.jpg

LaMichael James
50248205.jpg

V

Jacquizz Rodgers
50045586.jpg

James Rodgers
large_JRodgers.jpg

From Rob Moseley for the Register Guard:

[h4]Setting the stage for the Civil War[/h4]
This week No. 7 Oregon hosts No. 13 Oregon State in Autzen Stadium on Thursday at 6 p.m. The game will be televised live by ESPN.

The Ducks are 9-2 and ranked No. 7 in the AP poll of media, No. 8 in the Harris poll and the coaches poll. Oregon is 7-1 in Pac-10 play, having clinched at least a share of the conference title. With a win Thursday, Oregon will go to the Rose Bowl as the Pac-10's automatic BCS participant, and with sole possession of the conference title. With a loss, the Ducks will probably remain technically alive for a BCS at-large berth, but the Holiday Bowl would be most likely.

The Beavers are 8-3 overall and 6-2 in the Pac-10. With a win, Oregon State will share the Pac-10 title with Oregon, and the Beavers will go to the Rose Bowl, their Civil War victory serving as the tiebreaker with the Ducks. With a loss, OSU is headed to a minor bowl.

Here's how the Ducks and Beavers rank in the latest NCAA team statistics:

TOTAL OFFENSE
26) Oregon State, 422.18 ypg
31) Oregon, 418.82 ypg

SCORING OFFENSE
7) Oregon, 37.73 ppg
20) Oregon State, 32.36 ppg

PASS OFFENSE
24) Oregon State, 272.45 ypg
92) Oregon, 187.45 ypg

PASS EFFICIENCY
16) Oregon State, 146.50 rating
56) Oregon, 130.22 rating

RUSH OFFENSE
glasses.gif
Oregon, 231.36 ypg
59) Oregon State, 149.73 ypg

THIRD-DOWN CONVERSIONS
9) Oregon State, 49.69%
88) Oregon, 36.05%

TOTAL DEFENSE
27) Oregon, 324.00 ypg
40) Oregon State, 340.55 ypg

SCORING DEFENSE
39) Oregon State, 22.18 ppg
44) Oregon, 22.73 ppg

PASS DEFENSE
29) Oregon, 193.36 ypg
92) Oregon State, 242.09 ypg

PASS EFFICIENCY DEFENSE
18) Oregon, 106.26 rating
57) Oregon State, 127.46 rating

RUSH DEFENSE
13) Oregon State, 98.45 ypg
40) Oregon, 130.64 ypg

THIRD-DOWN DEFENSE
27) Oregon State, 35.21%
38) Oregon, 36.36%

TURNOVER MARGIN (TAKEAWAYS-GIVEAWAYS)
29) Oregon, plus-.45 per game (24-19)
39) Oregon State, plus-.36 (12-
glasses.gif

PENALTIES (YARDAGE)
71) Oregon State, 7.27 per game, for 55.64 yards
98) Oregon, 7.45 per game, for 63.27 yards

TIME OF POSSESSION
13) Oregon State, 32:09 per game
115) Oregon, 26:47 per game

Oregon's LaMichael James is 10th nationally in rushing at 119.09 yards per game, Jeremiah Masoli is 10th in points responsible for (passing and rushing TDs) at 15.60 per game, 32nd in total offense at 248.40 yards per game and 57th in pass efficiency with a 132.14 rating, Morgan Flint is 13th in scoring with 9.00 points per game, Kenjon Barner is 37th in kickoff returns at 25.45 per attempt, Talmadge Jackson III is 32nd in interceptions at .36 per game, and Kenny Rowe is 38th in sacks with 0.64 per game.

Oregon State's Quizz Rodgers is third in scoring with 10.91 points per game, ninth in rushing at 119.36 yards per game and 18th in all-purpose yards with 159.00 per game, James Rodgers is ninth in all-purpose yards with 173.64 per game, and Sean Canfield is 18th in pass efficiency with a 147.47 rating and 41st in total offense with 240.55 yards per game.

rodgers-james-113009jpg-d20ea6c24ca88961_large.jpg

That video was lame as hell. I can see why the university didn't want to show it at the game.

Go Beavers!
pimp.gif

Ugh I cant believe I have a final that starts at the same time as this game. Gonna have to sneak it on UStream's app.

GO DUCKS!
pimp.gif

Gotta make sure I finish most of my engineering homework due on Friday so I can enjoy this one...

Or I'll probably watch it then do my homework.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Gotta make sure I finish most of my engineering homework due on Friday so I can enjoy this one...

Or I'll probably watch it then do my homework.
smh.gif
Same here that engineering can destroy the mind
laugh.gif

This should be a damn good game
pimp.gif

As a Bear fan, I despise both teams. But I'm glad it's one of these two teams as oppose to USC. But, Masoli is Bay Area product so I'll be goingfor the Ducks.

I don't care who wins as long as it is a good game.

Oregon last went to the Rose Bowl in 1995
Oregon State last went to the Rose Bowl in 1965

Kind of makes you want to root for the Beavers
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I don't care who wins as long as it is a good game.

Oregon last went to the Rose Bowl in 1995
Oregon State last went to the Rose Bowl in 1965

Kind of makes you want to root for the Beavers
laugh.gif
No way. They're like the Pac 10's equivalent to the Cubs. The longer they dont make it in, the more of a hilarious legend it is.

Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks

Beavers fans are honestly the worst fans I've ever encountered.
grin.gif
oh word?

On the campus of Oregon State, students there said they have a lot of respect for the Ducks. However, several said, Ducks fans are still rude to them.

"I feel like they're more cocky than we are because they have the prettiest jerseys," said one Oregon State student.

"And they got a rich Daddy, too," added another.

On a related note, several students on Oregon State's campus said that the "Grim Reaper" Duck and a group of Ducks fans were on Oregon State's campus egging the Beavers on.

Let the games begin.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/72208072.html

And by "worst" you mean what exactly?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

go ducks
You disappoint me.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

grin.gif
oh word?
As far as collegiate fans go, that is.
On the campus of Oregon State, students there said they have a lot of respect for the Ducks. However, several said, Ducks fans are still rude to them.

"I feel like they're more cocky than we are because they have the prettiest jerseys," said one Oregon State student.

On a related note, several students on Oregon State's campus said that the "Grim Reaper" Duck and a group of Ducks fans were on Oregon State's campus egging the Beavers on.

Let the games begin.

Oh, neat, the whole "rich daddy" thing that all Oregon State fans feel the need to say. Do I need to go ahead and write an article forKATU about how, when I was in Albany last week and my phone went off (with the Oregon fight song), dudes proceeded to let me know just how much the Ducks suck,how lucky we are, the thugs we have on the squad, etc.? I was buying some damn pizza, I don't care about your opinion of my favorite squad.
laugh.gif

By "worst" I mean the most annoying bunch of fans in the world. Almost every OSU fan I know cares more about how the Ducks do than the Beavers. Icould care less if the Beavers win or lose games except the Civil War... however, especially on NT, we have these little OSU fans that have to give theirpathetic opinions on the Ducks and proceed to talk smack if they lose. They care more about the Ducks losses than Ducks fans.

It's whatever, though... I've been dealing with it for years (many more than some people have lived in this state
wink.gif
). Like every fanbase, there are some good fans, but they're few and farbetween.

DeadsetAce wrote:
go ducks
You disappoint me.
smh.gif

Deadset knows what's up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

grin.gif
oh word?

Let the games begin.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

go ducks
You disappoint me.
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
What a load of %$@!.

I can't believe that Duck fans are even trying to call out any other fan base... You all are obviously blind to it due to your passion for yellow and greenand black and silver and etc... Seriously, I have lived on the east coast for a couple years, up in Seattle a few also. I have been to heated fanbase rivalriessuch as Eagles and ******** and no fan base compares to how bad Duck fans are in their stadium. Their only competition for this title in the Pac 10 is Arizona.It doesn't help with the arrogance they all have, which is apparent in this thread and a prime example being Chester. Last I checked Autzen was ranked asthe worse stadium fan experience in the Pac.
Autzen is one of the loudest venues in college football, but unfortunately for the University it is also known for drunken fans fighting in the stands, or fans throwing objects at opposing teams, or opposing bands, or opposing cheerleaders.

A recent survey in SI.com indentified Oregon as having the "rudest'' fans in the Pac-10, although that survey might have to re-taken after the events at Arizona on Nov. 21, when someone hit an Oregon cheerleader with a water bottle and sent her to the hospital.
So, SI must be filled with delusional Beaver fans, right? I don't mind the Ducks program at all, it is their fan base that pisses me and mostall Beaver fans off. I don't cheer for the Ducks to lose because I hate the program, I cheer for them to lose because how crazy the fans go after wardslike they were really supposed to contend for a National Title. And to say that beaver fans are dumb because they root for the Ducks to lose is stupid initself. It is a rivalry, you don't cheer for your rivals... Do you see USC and UCLA fans ever rooting for their respective rival? Do you see Duke and UNCfans rooting for each other? So get out of here with that pathetic argument.

If the Beavers do win I cannot wait to witness the local media and fans reaction along with all the duckies reactions on here. It would more than make my year.I am just glad that each team is pretty much healthy and has all their stars playing in this one. It is going to be one great game to watch.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

Go Ducks!
pimp.gif

USC fans are the worst but Oregon St is up there.
Just recently there was a poll throughout the whole Pac-10 where fans rated which other teams fans are the most. A large majority voted the Ducksas the worst fan base in the Pac-10, and no this wasn't biased as it was reported on 95.5(the station that slobs on the ducks nuts). The host of the showthen talked about how Duck fans spit on Beaver fans when at Autzen and show them no respect. Not sure where you come up with the Beaver fans being thatdisrespectfull, but if I get spit on on thursday night someone is getting knocked out. Sure Beaver fans get pretty drunk, have a good time and talk some smackabout the Ducks, but Duck fans are bringing it to a whole nother level.

Back
Top Bottom