Organizing iTunes (help me!)

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Sidebar: who runs iTunes off an external HD? With the massive collections some of you have that's about your only option unless you've upgraded your specs, no?
Yup, I did this with my 160gb external HD with my old laptop. However, I didn't realize I had multiple libraries saved, as well as a couple other HDs I copied from friends, with those same files clogging space, along with a number of programs.

I scored a TB hard drive on Black Friday for $60, and with my new laptop, everything is organized and placed on the HD.
Explain about the multiple libraries saved, etc? I'm looking to make the move soon.

I might get a NAS and use that like English was saying. Seems pretty good.

You don't have to correct it all at once, break it up into smaller pieces over time. You've been messin with it like this for who knows how longanyways...

I don't like having different genres for "rap" "hip-hop" "hip-hop/rap" etc...all basically the same thing

And I used to keep all of my itunes synced with my 750 gig external, but for some reason about every two weeks or so itunes would not be able to locate thesong files and I'd have to add everything all over from the external to my laptop.

Now I don't keep any music saved on my laptop. Whenever I get new music I just add it to my ipod, and save a copy of the music folder to theexternal...that way if something would ever happen to my ipod, I still have all of my music backed up on my external. If I lose my external, I have all of mymusic saved on my ipod.But if I lose my ipod and my external, well I'm just SOL
ohwell.gif

For me I organize mine by genre. I have 70gbs filled on my 80gb iPod. Like I got all Bay Area artist label Bay Area and the rest Hip Hop/ Rap, Rock, R&B,Soul, Soundtrack. It took forever to organize but it was worth it.

SMH i have 78gb's everytime i DL something i put everything in the correct order import album artwork...the whole nine i hate goin back and havin to dothat crap

Originally Posted by proper english

OCD is a B when it comes to iTunes... i try to do it little by little.. but there is a program that organizes this stuff for you though (i dont know it myself)

heres my iTunes
Amel Larrieux...
pimp.gif
Thought I was the only person to listento her..

for me I got OCD quick so I organized it from the beginning.. And If I see a mistake I text it to myself if I am not at the house and fix it when I get home...

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

For me I organize mine by genre. I have 70gbs filled on my 80gb iPod. Like I got all Bay Area artist label Bay Area and the rest Hip Hop/ Rap, Rock, R&B, Soul, Soundtrack. It took forever to organize but it was worth it.
21b436f.gif

Originally Posted by r0yalty

For me I organize mine by genre. I have 70gbs filled on my 80gb iPod. Like I got all Bay Area artist label Bay Area and the rest Hip Hop/ Rap, Rock, R&B, Soul, Soundtrack. It took forever to organize but it was worth it.
21b436f.gif

I'm from the Bay Area and I have a lot of Bay Rap so I don't what's so funny.

You dudes must love music because I only have like 15 songs on my phone, smh. I listen to it but not a lot.

What are some pros with I tunes vs Windows media player?

Originally Posted by r0yalty

21b436f.gif
The only funny thing is you're probably an ignorant $#%% boy whose awareness of Bay rap is limited to a one time hyphy trend and e-40.

Again, I will say that there is an NT God following me every minute of the day. It's enough already.

I've been redoing my iTunes the last three days. Now over 1,700 songs. Not all have an album, but most do. Same goes for album art. However, everything iswritten out properly. OCD kicks into full blast with iTunes.

I can't wait to see how everything looks come Christmas time. Upgrading from an 8GB Touch to the Classic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by AIRjuhst

I'm trying to get alll the song names correct with album and artist/artists on the song

this is what mines looks like right now

sick.gif
You DEFF. got a lot of work to do.

heres an example of how mines look like. Notice how Everything is organized. Even the track #, album year, name, and genre.

I also suggest you delete any song thats doesn have a official album/mixtape name and album/mixtape cover.

Having the features within the artist spot doesn't irk you? Doesn't it throw off your iPod?

As for me when I upload albums to my iTunes, I organize everything right away. I normally don't add singles unless they are going to be album or are froman album which I can get art for. Sometimes I may just add a single to an album just so I can have it some place or I just put mixtapes.

i always wondered if the featured artists on a track were supposed to be under the "artist" category or under the song category but in parenthesis...?

i always wondered if the featured artists on a track were supposed to be under the "artist" category or under the song category but in parenthesis ...?

I put them after the song name i.e. Renegade feat. Eminem

i always wondered if the featured artists on a track were supposed to be under the "artist" category or under the song category but in parenthesis ...?

I add that artist who's feating with in parenthesis. Ex: Got Money (Feat. T-Pain) that's how I do it. It makes it easier for me.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I put them after the song name i.e. Renegade feat. Eminem

Same with the producer in parenthesis if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom