Orioles!

The Orioles are a much better team this year. Buck Showalter is a tremendous coach, the additions they made in the offseason are the best in the league IMO, but their pitching is still too young and raw. Their pen is a bit questionable and they play in the AL East.

They could be finish 3rd in the AL East if all goes right, but I think their ceiling is 72-78 wins.

The Orioles are a much better team this year. Buck Showalter is a tremendous coach, the additions they made in the offseason are the best in the league IMO, but their pitching is still too young and raw. Their pen is a bit questionable and they play in the AL East.

They could be finish 3rd in the AL East if all goes right, but I think their ceiling is 72-78 wins.

i completely agree with that except that i think they will finish 10-15 games above .500

i completely agree with that except that i think they will finish 10-15 games above .500

laugh.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Show StopperIf the season started Aug. 3, 2010, when Buck Showalter took over the O's.
Team W-L GB
1. Orioles 38-23 --
2. Blue Jays 32-27 5
3. Yankees 32-29 6
4. Rays 30-30 7 1/2
5. Red Sox 29-30 8

Showalter is getting a lot of credit for the success, rightly, but he knows the Orioles still have work to do; the evolution must continue if Baltimore is going to contend seriously against the Yankees and Red Sox. They need more pitching, more consistency in the offense. Showalter told the players at the outset of spring training that the winter work of the front office was finished, and that the managers and the coaches can only do so much; it comes down to the players.

On Monday, the Orioles' players were good. Roberts mashed a pivotal home run, his second of the season, and yet again the pitching was good; Baltimore's ERA in the first four games is a clean 1.00, and the staff has held opponents to a .152 average.

It's a start.

Honestly, I just want the team to finish over .500

That would be a HUGE step in the right direction. They've responded well to Buck and it's easy to see that the culture of the team has changed since he came on board. I was
eek.gif
when I turned on the O's/Tigers game on Monday and saw the crowd.

pimp.gif

Show StopperIf the season started Aug. 3, 2010, when Buck Showalter took over the O's.
Team W-L GB
1. Orioles 38-23 --
2. Blue Jays 32-27 5
3. Yankees 32-29 6
4. Rays 30-30 7 1/2
5. Red Sox 29-30 8

Showalter is getting a lot of credit for the success, rightly, but he knows the Orioles still have work to do; the evolution must continue if Baltimore is going to contend seriously against the Yankees and Red Sox. They need more pitching, more consistency in the offense. Showalter told the players at the outset of spring training that the winter work of the front office was finished, and that the managers and the coaches can only do so much; it comes down to the players.

On Monday, the Orioles' players were good. Roberts mashed a pivotal home run, his second of the season, and yet again the pitching was good; Baltimore's ERA in the first four games is a clean 1.00, and the staff has held opponents to a .152 average.

It's a start.

Honestly, I just want the team to finish over .500

That would be a HUGE step in the right direction. They've responded well to Buck and it's easy to see that the culture of the team has changed since he came on board. I was
eek.gif
when I turned on the O's/Tigers game on Monday and saw the crowd.

Our starting pitching right now
pimp.gif
Hopefully Matusz can pick up where he left off last season when he gets back. Agreed that a .500 season would be great progress for the O's. 

AL East is easily the most stacked division in the league. MLB needs to do the right thing, and split up the Yanks and Sox.
30t6p3b.gif

Our starting pitching right now
pimp.gif
Hopefully Matusz can pick up where he left off last season when he gets back. Agreed that a .500 season would be great progress for the O's. 

AL East is easily the most stacked division in the league. MLB needs to do the right thing, and split up the Yanks and Sox.
30t6p3b.gif

OP just sealed the teams fate with this thread, a classic DoubleJ's move
laugh.gif
.  Make no mistake about champ, when it comes to the AL East it's the Yankees and everybody else.  Although I'm happy for the O's "so called" success so far this year let's look back on this thead in late May and see where they stand.

laugh.gif
.  Make no mistake about champ, when it comes to the AL East it's the Yankees and everybody else.  Although I'm happy for the O's "so called" success so far this year let's look back on this thead in late May and see where they stand.

Originally Posted by Bigavel89

The Rays Red sox and blue jays im not worried about at all, as long as the Os pitching can remain solid we'll make the wild card

You're really not worried about the Red Sox? Yea there off to a rough start, but I wouldn't count them out yet.

At the end of the day they're still the Orioles.

The Rays Red sox and blue jays im not worried about at all, as long as the Os pitching can remain solid we'll make the wild card

You're really not worried about the Red Sox? Yea there off to a rough start, but I wouldn't count them out yet.

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Their own manager is counting them out. Moving CC down to 7th in the batting order after two games
alien.gif

But OP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You damn well know the O's are going to lose 5 in a row now.

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Their own manager is counting them out. Moving CC down to 7th in the batting order after two games
alien.gif

But OP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You damn well know the O's are going to lose 5 in a row now.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

laugh.gif

4-0 start is really nothing to toot your horn over...but in looking at the #'s since Buck took over, how can you not be somewhat optimistic? 

Like I said...I just want the team to finish over .500 this season. 

laugh.gif

4-0 start is really nothing to toot your horn over...but in looking at the #'s since Buck took over, how can you not be somewhat optimistic? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

Hey I'm happy for the O's and the good start that they are off to so far and even more so happy for the local fans here.  Lord knows the fans need some type of excitememnt and something to look forward to in a team seeing how no local teams are and have been able to provide that besides that Caps really in recent years.  I'm just saying don't you think it's a little premature to be making a thread about the O's thus far, not even saying you per se DoubleJ's but just in general.  I mean if this were football with only 16 games I can see why because 1/4 of the season is over but in baseball it''s a LONG stretch.  There's still 150+ more games to play. 

laugh.gif

Hey I'm happy for the O's and the good start that they are off to so far and even more so happy for the local fans here.  Lord knows the fans need some type of excitememnt and something to look forward to in a team seeing how no local teams are and have been able to provide that besides that Caps really in recent years.  I'm just saying don't you think it's a little premature to be making a thread about the O's thus far, not even saying you per se DoubleJ's but just in general.  I mean if this were football with only 16 games I can see why because 1/4 of the season is over but in baseball it''s a LONG stretch.  There's still 150+ more games to play. 

laugh.gif

I am cautiously optimistic about the O's this year.

I really think we stand a chance this year.  But i am not going to get too excited until after the all star break (we all remember the year we were first in the division going into the allstar break and epically tanked in the second half)

laugh.gif

I am cautiously optimistic about the O's this year.

I really think we stand a chance this year.  But i am not going to get too excited until after the all star break (we all remember the year we were first in the division going into the allstar break and epically tanked in the second half)

Back
Top Bottom