Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Since when did the death of one man justify the deaths of thousands?...

I'm not overcome by joy, I'm actually worried this might set off something worst, hopefully our government has us covered, if not value every moment you spend with your loved ones, the more I think about it, the clearer it becomes that we might just be in our last days.
This. Came in here to post the same thing. 
Obviously, it's a huge deal, and some people are going to be happy about Osama being killed, but there's just some eerie feeling about the whole thing. American embassies all over need to be on extreme high alert, the troops need to be more careful now than ever, and I'm just having hard time imagining no retaliation from Al Qaeda. 

I really hope not, I really hope it's just me being paranoid, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Since when did the death of one man justify the deaths of thousands?...

I'm not overcome by joy, I'm actually worried this might set off something worst, hopefully our government has us covered, if not value every moment you spend with your loved ones, the more I think about it, the clearer it becomes that we might just be in our last days.
This. Came in here to post the same thing. 
Obviously, it's a huge deal, and some people are going to be happy about Osama being killed, but there's just some eerie feeling about the whole thing. American embassies all over need to be on extreme high alert, the troops need to be more careful now than ever, and I'm just having hard time imagining no retaliation from Al Qaeda. 

I really hope not, I really hope it's just me being paranoid, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

They saying it was an actual shootout tho.
Movie coming soon? 
nerd.gif

Right, they came in via Helicopter that they later destroyed
I thought of a movie a few minutes ago
frown.gif

Movie coming soon? 
nerd.gif
CNN said Navy SEALS dropped in from helicopter and got the job done in 44 minutes. One female was killed because they were using her as a human shield. Said they had been practicing this mission over and over preparing for the real thing.
pimp.gif

Movie coming soon? 
nerd.gif
CNN said Navy SEALS dropped in from helicopter and got the job done in 44 minutes. One female was killed because they were using her as a human shield. Said they had been practicing this mission over and over preparing for the real thing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

CNN showing overseas footage of the mansion on fire
Now that's wild. Much rather see more of that than NYC/White House celebrations (but that just may be me).

"Congressman speak closer into your speaker because we can't hear you"- CNN
"I'm actually on the phone."- Congressman ____ 
roll.gif
, and he just said "We cut the head off the worm, but the worm may grow another head."

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

30t6p3b.gif
 how old are you?
I'm 24 and idk y u shaking your head for

im shaking my head that you're 24 with the mentality of at 14 year old.

I'm acting 14 but yet people are celebrating this man's death outside the white house and the world trade center .Some people who it probably didn't even affect a lot of you guys need to take that wool from over your eyes.You really need to just sit back and look at what I said and analyze it but I guess we from different places so our thought process are different.

30t6p3b.gif
 how old are you?
I'm 24 and idk y u shaking your head for

im shaking my head that you're 24 with the mentality of at 14 year old.

I'm acting 14 but yet people are celebrating this man's death outside the white house and the world trade center .Some people who it probably didn't even affect a lot of you guys need to take that wool from over your eyes.You really need to just sit back and look at what I said and analyze it but I guess we from different places so our thought process are different.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

CNN showing overseas footage of the mansion on fire
Now that's wild. Much rather see more of that than NYC/White House celebrations (but that just may be me).

"Congressman speak closer into your speaker because we can't hear you"- CNN
"I'm actually on the phone."- Congressman ____ 
roll.gif
, and he just said "We cut the head off the worm, but the worm may grow another head."

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Figureheads are figureheads for a reason. Osama Bin Laden was the face of terror around the world. He was the one who set up numerous television/video tapings urging other militants to join the fight against the West. He was the one who financially backed Al-Qaeda for quite some time. He was the one who took responsiblity when the towers fell.

While there are numerous other individuals involved, this is a blow to there organization.While they will most likely continue to try and carry out their objectives when someone who is the face of an organization is killed, that organization as a whole takes a step back and it needs to look for someone else to step up to the plate and become the figurehead and lead the fight.

Our president is technically just a figurehead, behind the scenes he has the best of the best working for him, but many don't know who those people are who make the critical decisions and brief him on what should or should not be done. You better believe though, if our president is killed, it's a blow to our morale and makes things difficult here.

I agree a lot more work needs to be done, but we tried getting him for 10 years and we got him. Many began to believe he would never get caught or he would die naturally. We never gave up and we got him. It doesn't mean the world goes back to being perfect, but in could indeed be a snowball affect that leads to other great acheivements by our military and intelligence.

To your first point, you're right, and now that we've killed him in such a way we've only made him a martyr to the delusional people who still subscribe to his brand of extremism. 
You're misunderstanding Al Qaeda as a group. They don't have weekly meetings where Osama stands up, gives a rousing "death to America" speech and rallies the troops. They're a VERY loosely organized operation. There may be many people who claim that they were part of Al Qaeda when committing an attack, but they are most likely just a very small cell that planned the attack. Also, now that he is dead, as I stated above, his martyrdom will only rally the most extreme members more. 

Comparing Al Qaeda to the U.S. government again shows how you're not understanding just how loose the ties holding it together are.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about who is misunderstanding and who is not. I understand how Al-Qaeda operates. There are members around the globe, some of whom have never stepped foot in a room with Bin Laden.

What I am saying is as a figurehead those same people who operate around the globe as "members" of Al-Qaeda, the same people who have never met him, see him on Al-Jazeera and the internet, etc. as their leader. He is a martyr, and this will only anger these "members" even more, but you better believe that Osama Bin Laden had a significant impact on the people who were members. I never claimed this was an extreme blow to Al-Qaeda, but it will infact hit them emotionally. Will this cause more harm than good? It very likely can, but it can also go the other way. If our military had the intelligence to get him, then without a doubt can capture just about anyone else then might have there eye on. It can be beneficial to us and harmful to us. It can be beneficial to them and it can be harmful to them. We just received the news that this happened, we have to sit and wait and see what happens next. But don't tell me that this doesn't "mean" anything. Ask any soldier or family member of a soldier or victim of the USS Cole, 9/11 attacks, embassy bombings or other acts that this doesnt "really mean" anything.

So now it's okay for people to celebrate osamas death saying he deserved it but If someone kills my relative and I go shoot them these the same people that say I'm wrong .Go figure I guess
@*@@ are you talking about son?  if my dad did what osama did i'd put a bullet in his head myself. 

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Figureheads are figureheads for a reason. Osama Bin Laden was the face of terror around the world. He was the one who set up numerous television/video tapings urging other militants to join the fight against the West. He was the one who financially backed Al-Qaeda for quite some time. He was the one who took responsiblity when the towers fell.

While there are numerous other individuals involved, this is a blow to there organization.While they will most likely continue to try and carry out their objectives when someone who is the face of an organization is killed, that organization as a whole takes a step back and it needs to look for someone else to step up to the plate and become the figurehead and lead the fight.

Our president is technically just a figurehead, behind the scenes he has the best of the best working for him, but many don't know who those people are who make the critical decisions and brief him on what should or should not be done. You better believe though, if our president is killed, it's a blow to our morale and makes things difficult here.

I agree a lot more work needs to be done, but we tried getting him for 10 years and we got him. Many began to believe he would never get caught or he would die naturally. We never gave up and we got him. It doesn't mean the world goes back to being perfect, but in could indeed be a snowball affect that leads to other great acheivements by our military and intelligence.

To your first point, you're right, and now that we've killed him in such a way we've only made him a martyr to the delusional people who still subscribe to his brand of extremism. 
You're misunderstanding Al Qaeda as a group. They don't have weekly meetings where Osama stands up, gives a rousing "death to America" speech and rallies the troops. They're a VERY loosely organized operation. There may be many people who claim that they were part of Al Qaeda when committing an attack, but they are most likely just a very small cell that planned the attack. Also, now that he is dead, as I stated above, his martyrdom will only rally the most extreme members more. 

Comparing Al Qaeda to the U.S. government again shows how you're not understanding just how loose the ties holding it together are.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about who is misunderstanding and who is not. I understand how Al-Qaeda operates. There are members around the globe, some of whom have never stepped foot in a room with Bin Laden.

What I am saying is as a figurehead those same people who operate around the globe as "members" of Al-Qaeda, the same people who have never met him, see him on Al-Jazeera and the internet, etc. as their leader. He is a martyr, and this will only anger these "members" even more, but you better believe that Osama Bin Laden had a significant impact on the people who were members. I never claimed this was an extreme blow to Al-Qaeda, but it will infact hit them emotionally. Will this cause more harm than good? It very likely can, but it can also go the other way. If our military had the intelligence to get him, then without a doubt can capture just about anyone else then might have there eye on. It can be beneficial to us and harmful to us. It can be beneficial to them and it can be harmful to them. We just received the news that this happened, we have to sit and wait and see what happens next. But don't tell me that this doesn't "mean" anything. Ask any soldier or family member of a soldier or victim of the USS Cole, 9/11 attacks, embassy bombings or other acts that this doesnt "really mean" anything.

So now it's okay for people to celebrate osamas death saying he deserved it but If someone kills my relative and I go shoot them these the same people that say I'm wrong .Go figure I guess
@*@@ are you talking about son?  if my dad did what osama did i'd put a bullet in his head myself. 

Back
Top Bottom