"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

NB993, 997, Purcells, Old Skool Pro, Peg Turbo 1 & 2, Jazz 81, Invincibles, Wildhorse 6, Peg Trail 3 GTX
I was interested at getting a pair of Wildhorse but didn’t know if the traction was too aggressive for street wear ?

nflowshoe nflowshoe Some people buy Nike Tempo Next off-white with spikes on the outsole. I guess it's street wear just fine lol.
iu

When y’all are not working and not running what shoe y’all using to run errands?? I been using basketball shoes for the longest and want to transition to something different

Endorphin Speed 1 or 2s for me!

Saucony has a 51% off code for them right now. They’re like Nike’s Zoom Fly 1 / 2 with their versatility but more plush to me.

Last edited:
I also got to check out a Ghost sample with a Glycerin sole. As somebody who prefers the Ghost upper but the Glycerin midsole, I was like
2CD84AC6-3D1C-4E59-8860-08DEAAA3CE1A.gif

Also, out of curiosity, which models did you return and why?
The first one was the glycerin 17, and the second was the catamount. The glycerin was uncomfortable at my mid foot (tried both a narrow, and a wide). The catamount just felt too stiff with the rock plate. I swore off Brooks after that, but was intrigued with the nitrogen in the caldera 6. I’ve always worn Hoka’s, and was going to get the SG5 (still might), but these popped up on my radar when I was watching SJD the other day. They looked amazing, and once I researched them, I ordered them. They remind me of the novablast, but without the wobbly effect.

Sorry for the long explanation.

The first one was the glycerin 17, and the second was the catamount. The glycerin was uncomfortable at my mid foot (tried both a narrow, and a wide). The catamount just felt too stiff with the rock plate. I swore off Brooks after that, but was intrigued with the nitrogen in the caldera 6. I’ve always worn Hoka’s, and was going to get the SG5 (still might), but these popped up on my radar when I was watching SJD the other day. They looked amazing, and once I researched them, I ordered them. They remind me of the novablast, but without the wobbly effect.

Sorry for the long explanation.
I completely understand. I was always a Glycerin wearer and hated the 17 for the same reason you described and switched to the Ghost after that.

Let me know how you like the Calderas!

Anyone have recs for what's worked well for them for plantar fasciitis? I got diagnosed last week and ordered to shut down for a few weeks by my doc :frown: I did notice before this, that my Hoka Mach 5's seemed to irritate my heel the least on the run.
Long duration (120 seconds+) calf stretching, controlled eccentric calf raises, temporarily decreased training mileage, possibly a short course of oral anti-inflammatory medication, self-massage with a lacrosse ball (evidence is sort of back and forth on this, but I find that it helps with symptoms even if we can't prove a mechanism of treatment)

-Your friendly neighborhood podiatrist

Long duration (120 seconds+) calf stretching, controlled eccentric calf raises, temporarily decreased training mileage, possibly a short course of oral anti-inflammatory medication, self-massage with a lacrosse ball (evidence is sort of back and forth on this, but I find that it helps with symptoms even if we can't prove a mechanism of treatment)

Have PTSD from just seeing "controlled eccentric calf raises" 😂

Not sure if you're my PT or not 🤣

Thank you! Been doing single leg calf raises as rehab exercises, will look to add the eccentric component soon.

Back
Top Bottom