"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I also got to check out a Ghost sample with a Glycerin sole. As somebody who prefers the Ghost upper but the Glycerin midsole, I was like
2CD84AC6-3D1C-4E59-8860-08DEAAA3CE1A.gif
Leave until you get us a friends and family discount code!

Ordered a pair of the Hoka Mafate Speed 4 and got them in this morning. Good lord they are comfy. Just slightly too small as my toe was hitting the end of the shoe. 100% grabbing the orange colour when it drops though.

23a80004-e424-4f1e-b4f6-f1501fd4f987_article1_mafate4.jpg

Wish there were more white/grey upper options.

Will probably go for the black/mink or black/amber models first.

Also interested in the Novablast 3 TR model, seems the outsole is slightly beefed up. Had durability issues on my pair of Novablast 2, so this might be a good road option.

I pre-ordered mine last week from road runner. Hoping they ship sooner than expected.
I preordered mine 3 weeks ago when they said it would ship on 8/4...then got an email yesterday saying it was "delayed from the manufacturer" (even though I saw that it was available on the launch date) and my ship date was pushed from 8/4 to 8/11. Aka, typical RRS preorder experience. My AF2 preorder got outright canceled on 7/11 because the shoe was "no longer available," and then a day later they listed my size in stock. At least I got an extra $10 in rewards after I complained. :smh:

Definitely interested in the Novablast3. They're ASICS' answer to the Nike's INVC, correct?

A little more versatile pace wise than the Invincible. It's quite a bit lighter and can do some moderate/tempo work while I reserve the Invincible mostly for easy cruising. I'd say it has a similar use case to the Pegasus...but can also do long runs better as there's more cushion. Great jack of all trades shoe.

I preordered mine 3 weeks ago when they said it would ship on 8/4...then got an email yesterday saying it was "delayed from the manufacturer" (even though I saw that it was available on the launch date) and my ship date was pushed from 8/4 to 8/11. Aka, typical RRS preorder experience. My AF2 preorder got outright canceled on 7/11 because the shoe was "no longer available," and then a day later they listed my size in stock. At least I got an extra $10 in rewards after I complained. :smh:

RRS is pretty garbage in my experience and the whole "pre-ordering" of shoes feels like a scam when they don't even ship until they're live on every other website anyway. Like they're just taking and holding your money for a month.

Definitely interested in the Novablast3. They're ASICS' answer to the Nike's INVC, correct?
the 3 specifically or the nova line? cause the novas came out before the invincible as more of a project piece to get more casual people into running but performed above expectations as an everything shoe and despite some of its flaws initially, everyone seems to love it and id also jump on the train that this is up there next to the epic reacts as my favorite running shoes of all time

RRS is pretty garbage in my experience and the whole "pre-ordering" of shoes feels like a scam when they don't even ship until they're live on every other website anyway. Like they're just taking and holding your money for a month.
They don't actually charge you until they ship, but it's always unclear when they will actually ship because they keep changing dates or canceling orders, etc. So you end up losing out on getting in-demand models that you could have just bought elsewhere. I guess this is only a problem for shoe geeks...but those are the folks who'd be using the pre-order function anyway! Do people pre-order a Brooks Ghost? (maybe they do?)

A little more versatile pace wise than the Invincible. It's quite a bit lighter and can do some moderate/tempo work while I reserve the Invincible mostly for easy cruising. I'd say it has a similar use case to the Pegasus...but can also do long runs better as there's more cushion. Great jack of all trades shoe.
Like the Epic React?

I absolutely do not like where the line is going with the Infinity.

And why is RRS selling the shoe but not ASICS?

Last edited:
the 3 specifically or the nova line? cause the novas came out before the invincible as more of a project piece to get more casual people into running but performed above expectations as an everything shoe and despite some of its flaws initially, everyone seems to love it and id also jump on the train that this is up there next to the epic reacts as my favorite running shoes of all time

The 3s specifically. None of the current cws really impress me, so I’ll wait it out. With the med promo, they’re going to an evitable purchase down the line though. Maybe some swaps if I like the sole that much lol

Like the Epic React?

I absolutely do not like where the line is going with the Infinity.

And why is RRS selling the shoe but not ASICS?

It’s a bit different. Way bouncier than the Epic React though that shoe probably had the bounciest version of React(along with the ZF Flyknit and Peg 39). Much more structured upper. RRS won’t actually ship your shoes until Asics releases them as well

How do you guys size your running shoes? I hear some people got .5 to a full size up as well as some go .5 size down

How do you guys size your running shoes? I hear some people got .5 to a full size up as well as some go .5 size down

Whatever size gets me a half to full thumbs width of space from my big toe to the end of the shoe. Sizing is fairly variable across brands so that's something to keep in mind. If at all possible I try them on, or order multiple pairs online when I order and send back the size that doesn't quite fit as well.

Back
Top Bottom