"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I used the Speed 3’s for a 10 mile race 2 days ago, they did great for pushing a decent uptempo pace. For coming back from plantar fasciitis they really protected my feet well when I was trying to run a solid effort without going all out (or I would have picked a carbon plated racer). Really impressed with them!
I tried’em on in Fleet Feet the other day and they’re definitely not as firm as the 1’s. Does that lower the *pace ceiling* for you?

Last edited:
I tried’em on in Fleet Feet the other day and they’re definitely not as firm as the 1’s. Does that lower the *pace ceiling* for you?

V1 and 2 might have been a bit "snappier" but the 3's feel bouncier. When I really kicked it up and dropped to a 6:30/mile on the last mile the response felt great and in line with the first couple versions. If there's any discrepancy in pace between shoes, it's really minimal.

like T TerpRunner mentioned, 3 is much more bouncier than the 1 and 2 despite it have a much more softer midsole compound. assuming what i know about the 4 still stands, you'll get back to that more snappier rather than bouncier feel that i think is great when you pick up the pace, but still very comfortable during your more "easy/moderate" paces

Easily my favorite EPro 3 cw.

S20755-35_5.jpg

S20755-35_3_1200x.jpg

I really like how the upper isn't the super open mesh.

Got the NovaBlast 3 TR in the mail a few days ago. Really love the cushy FF blast + using them as my new dog walking shoes, as my Hoka Gaviota 3 from this spring are worn down quite a bit, and don’t feel that comfortable anymore. Debating on if I wanna keep the Kayano 29 or the Nimbus 24 as a backup, since they feel so damn cushy too. 40% work discount FTW!
CA797181-FD63-4EB5-AED0-F18FDFAAE4B5.jpeg

Been using the Clifton 6 for runs when my feet need a spa day—I know, I’m a bit behind on the times—but lately I’m less motivated to grab’em and go on account of their narrowness and low drop. So, it’s probably time to move on. I tried the Invincible when it launched but didn’t take to it. Likewise for the Triumph 18. How’s the Novablast 3 for recovery runs? Happy feet? I’ve no experience with V1 or V2.

Edit: and anyone’s experience with the Glycerin 20 for recovery runs . . .

Last edited:
Been using the Clifton 6 for runs when my feet need a spa day—I know, I’m a bit behind on the times—but lately I’m less motivated to grab’em and go on account of their narrowness and low drop. So, it’s probably time to move on. I tried the Invincible when it launched but didn’t take to it. Likewise for the Triumph 18. How’s the Novablast 3 for recovery runs? Happy feet? I’ve no experience with V1 or V2.

yeah Clifton’s have no energy return for recovery runs for me. The invincible and triumph in my opinion are too bulky for a recovery runs. I prefer light and energy return. I run in the Asics Magic speed when I want a easy run and the option to pick up the pace if I get into it

Been using the Endorphin Shift 3 for easy/recovery runs since I've gotten it. The PWRRUN midsole seems to have quite a bit more pep than what Hoka is putting in their midsoles and the rocker rolls right along. Novablast 3 will work but is pretty bouncy and care will be required to keep paces down to that easy zone.

Deviate Nitro 2 live at Puma:

I saw another new Saucony model on IG. IIRC, it was called “Slash”. It was plated. I think it’s geared toward 10Ks? Anyhow, it’s starting to get confusing with Saucony’s offerings lol

There’s also the Endorphin Elite lol

I saw another new Saucony model on IG. IIRC, it was called “Slash”. It was plated. I think it’s geared toward 10Ks? Anyhow, it’s starting to get confusing with Saucony’s offerings lol

There’s also the Endorphin Elite lol
Think you meant Slay?

61FE4F14-28AF-43D5-A423-0C9F15E8DFCE.jpeg

E4CE82F4-AE0F-4A17-B426-820B637921EA.jpeg

As I finally venture out from Nike, I just got into NB and now I might be dipping into Saucony, how's Karhu? Some colorways are amazing like the newest Trees of Finland pack...how's the comfort and fit?

Upcoming Metaspeed + cws

EC035EE6-FC83-4287-922B-DA3676AF41AC.jpeg

The Sky+ might get my business!

I'm also looking forward to seeing clearer images of this cw family as well! The Black ASICS logo, tongue and laces are a big PLUS!

5B974A3F-DAF1-4061-9A30-E3DDF4E4716B.jpeg

I’m glad that ASICS does an inverted colorway blocking for each respective model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom