"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

The NRC monthly mileage widget on the iPhone Lock Screen is a nice addition!

531DF6FB-C3EB-4C67-BEA1-731DBF6BC729.jpeg

Hey man are you still favoring the SB over the NB3 for daily’s?

Honestly I've only grabbed the Nova a few times since I've gotten the Superblast, and that's just cause I felt bad and wanted to give it some miles, haha. The Superblast works way better for me as a runner that likes a more stable ride. I ran in the Nova 3 for a long run this past weekend and my feet and calves weren't nearly as happy as using the Superblast for a similar effort, I think owing to the foam in the NB3 compressing/decompressing so much and creating extra work to stabilize.

Last edited:
stack height is higher on SB vs the NB3 correct ? I think that might be the reason I stick with NB3.

All the talk about the superblast in here is making me want to grab a pair, but tbh I'm kind of a novice runner. I run about 12-15 miles a week a pretty average pace. Never ran a marathon but do have a couple halfs under my belt. Would the superblast be ok to use as a daily runner? For reference also my last running shoe has been the Hoka Clifton for the past few years now but I'm looking for a change

Last edited:
All the talk about the superblast in here is making me want to grab a pair, but tbh I'm kind of a novice runner. I run about 12-15 miles a week a pretty average pace. Never ran a marathon but do have a couple halfs under my belt. Would the superblast be ok to use as a daily runner? Also, is there anywhere to cop online with some sort of discount? Retail is pretty hefty. For reference also my last running shoe has been the Hoka Clifton for the past few years now but I'm looking for a change
I’d say go for it—doesn’t matter what your pace or mileage is. It’s all about finding the fun in the run. I’ve been using it as a daily along with long runs. So far, I’m loving it. As for discounts, I haven’t seen any. Though it’s a bit early since it released last month or so.

I’d say go for it—doesn’t matter what your pace or mileage is. It’s all about finding the fun in the run. I’ve been using it as a daily along with long runs. So far, I’m loving it. As for discounts, I haven’t seen any. Though it’s a bit early since it released last month or so.

Thank you! That is all the push I needed haha, I'll go ahead and make the purchase!

This Orange Pop cw of the Sky+ has really grown on me!
IMG_2892.JPG

I should've scooped them up when the med codes were at 50%... SMH. The codes are at 40% off now. Hopefully, there's going to be an increase again and soon!

Ran in my SBs for the first time today.

I preface it by saying I’m more jogger than runner at this point (due to frequency). I over pronate and have flat feet.

I ran about 3.4 miles.

My feet hurt a lil from running in them and feel slightly stiff. I don’t mind the tall stack height.

Not sure how much break in is in these pairs.

But for the price ($115), I’m not mad and look forward to trying them again.

13E1FF3E-E46A-41F8-B4FE-0979A39ED3D2.jpeg

13E1FF3E-E46A-41F8-B4FE-0979A39ED3D2.jpeg

These the cream fawn?

7F635159-C577-497B-A80B-7ED78F9268EF.jpeg

First run in these for recovery/base building, and it was a PLEASURE! The FFBlastPlus doesn’t have that sinking in feeling like most of the recent cushioning foams (without a plate) when you’d have to exert more energy and ultimately “waste” it. It’s actually surprisingly responsive! The forefoot feels like a trampoline. In a way, it trains you to strike/land your forefoot in the sweet spot (center mid-forefoot) where it has the most responsive “bounce back”. I felt like these could handle a spectrum of paces. I see these rivaling the EndorphinSpeed series as my workhorse. Will definitely order more colorways!

All the talk about the superblast in here is making me want to grab a pair, but tbh I'm kind of a novice runner. I run about 12-15 miles a week a pretty average pace. Never ran a marathon but do have a couple halfs under my belt. Would the superblast be ok to use as a daily runner? For reference also my last running shoe has been the Hoka Clifton for the past few years now but I'm looking for a change
EVA foams in Hokas are so dead and obsolete...your mind will be blown by the current tech and foams.

Ran in my SBs for the first time today.

I preface it by saying I’m more jogger than runner at this point (due to frequency). I over pronate and have flat feet.

I ran about 3.4 miles.

My feet hurt a lil from running in them and feel slightly stiff. I don’t mind the tall stack height.

Not sure how much break in is in these pairs.

But for the price ($115), I’m not mad and look forward to trying them again.
They will break in a bit after 20-25 miles or so, but will still be more firm than fuelcell, powerrun pb, and zoomx. But I like how they feel and the stability.

Back
Top Bottom