"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Super dope! Do you mind sharing? This is great way to keep you engaged and a cool thing to have at the end of the year.

I’ll DM you too! :emoji_raised_hands:

My first run of 2023!

3AC13030-D26E-4CD7-8B55-B0FDAD88F134.jpeg

A9CB0845-514E-4D9E-B651-869B86A04C41.jpeg

Some good perks. Remember running to unlock the Kipchoge AF1 Kenya colourway a few months before they released. They should definitely do more of that, exclusive colourways for folks using their running app.

00016803-EFC4-4B67-9DEE-E9323E332A36.jpeg

Glad I went 1/2 down on the SBs. Thanks for the sizing advice, y’all!

SB: 1/2 down my usual size
Endorphin Speed 1: My usual size

21BE3DDF-84AE-4385-8B7E-E347F9423081.jpeg
Anyone put some good mileage on the SB? Would love to find out how they feel after 100 miles.

Didn't have a great experience with invincibles as i felt too squishy and unstable but would love to try these.

Anyone put some good mileage on the SB? Would love to find out how they feel after 100 miles.

Didn't have a great experience with invincibles as i felt too squishy and unstable but would love to try these.

FWIW

Thanks for this. I got a pair of AF1's during the fall that i can break out. So i may hold off. I love my Meta Speed Edge, so was trying to pair it with the SB, but doesn't seem necessary.

I know they're different shoes but i guess ill pull the trigger on the Ekiden AF2's . You first responders (Thanks for your service) have all the fun with those Codes. Or ill just wait for a sale.

Thanks for this. I got a pair of AF1's during the fall that i can break out. So i may hold off. I love my Meta Speed Edge, so was trying to pair it with the SB, but doesn't seem necessary.

I know they're different shoes but i guess ill pull the trigger on the Ekiden AF2's . You first responders (Thanks for your service) have all the fun with those Codes. Or ill just wait for a sale.
Yeah I guess it just depends on what your use case is. For me, I wanted a non-plated, long run trainer for efforts at/below marathon pace. So far, it’s perfect. For any distance, TBH.

Sorry for spamming the thread but this CW is growing on me…

4B8C2166-B2D2-4151-8C32-3A4117E8A8FF.jpeg

98F44DB2-A07D-4DCA-B82D-C0FDE7DEDFBC.jpeg
You did this on purpose.

I too wanted a non plated shoe. But in the video Kofuzi states it’s not a long run day shoe. It has a very specific niche.

How is your “below” pace feel? I’m a 10min mile runner. So I don’t know what to expect. Looking for a Cadillac shoe but not invincible squishy.

This cw is growing on me… SMH

4C790C9C-F6DC-4496-A31A-BCDD475C087B.jpeg

ASICS has the early 2023 lead as my favorite performance running brand. Saucony OWNED 2022, IMHO.

Last edited:
You did this on purpose.

I too wanted a non plated shoe. But in the video Kofuzi states it’s not a long run day shoe. It has a very specific niche.

How is your “below” pace feel? I’m a 10min mile runner. So I don’t know what to expect. Looking for a Cadillac shoe but not invincible squishy.

When I tried on the SBs, I didn’t feel they were “squishy”. They’re actually on the firmer side, IMO.

^^^I’ve only walked in the SBs (plan on running Monday). Maybe, they’re not “broken” in but they definitely felt firmer. I feel it’s the FF Blast. You can feel the slightly squish from the FF Blast+.

But maybe this changes with a few runs.

You did this on purpose.

Firstly, I don’t like the INV. In fact, I hate it. Too squishy. Felt like an energy killer. I was hoping the INV3 would be better but now I don’t care. Not after the SB. The SB is more TURBO than INV. In the TURBO I could comfortably run fast or slow, short or long. It’s the same with the SB, only better.

Here’s another perspective from Madeleine Kelly, Canadian 800m national champion and 2020 Olympian:

And of course from the GOAT, The Ginger Runner, Ethan Newberry:

Last edited:
The SB is more TURBO than INV. In the TURBO I could comfortably run fast or slow, short or long. It’s the same with the SB, only better.
this statement right here is what I’m looking for. That helps a lot with the description.

I’ll order them and give them a try. Thanks for the help everyone.

They are similar but the Nova 3 is much softer and less stable. Superblast is bouncier, firmer, more propulsive and protective. I find it hard to grab my Nova 3’s now given the Superblast improves on the ride a lot for me
Hey man are you still favoring the SB over the NB3 for daily’s?

Back
Top Bottom