"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

These are so insane. I’ve never run with less effort than I did in these just now. The Strung upper makes them way more stable than the OG. Wasn’t worried about my ankles at all!
D6D90CB9-73DB-410C-BFA1-C07F64B4B0D0.jpeg

These are so insane. I’ve never run with less effort than I did in these just now. The Strung upper makes them way more stable than the OG. Wasn’t worried about my ankles at all!
D6D90CB9-73DB-410C-BFA1-C07F64B4B0D0.jpeg
Kicking myself still for missing the sale on these on SS. Was checking the site from time to time too. ;(

Kicking myself still for missing the sale on these on SS. Was checking the site from time to time too. ;(

They should pop back up again and with how often Adidas was discounting them, you should be able to score a pair soon. The next Strung colorway looks sick too. For $150 these are the steal of the century

not sneaker related,…but what app do you guys use to track all your runs? i’ve been using runkeeper but i wanted to try something different for the new year..any suggestions? i’ve heard a lot of good about strava?

not sneaker related,…but what app do you guys use to track all your runs? i’ve been using runkeeper but i wanted to try something different for the new year..any suggestions? i’ve heard a lot of good about strava?

strava and NRC for me. would just be all in with strava but wanna hit volt on NRC and the random nike stuff/promo that occurs every so often for completing challenges

Speaking of apps, check out Footpath Route Planner. It’s a maps app for runners. I use it for long runs during marathon training. It helps me keep routes fresh late in the training block. I mean, running 18 miles every weekend along the same roads gets monotonous. So, change it up. Try new routes. Plan for distance, elevation, etc.

It’s available on iOS but I don’t know about other platforms.

38B2432E-2981-4ED2-B42C-45828539E5F3.jpeg

NRC is my main one since I have my all time mileage logged there. I had a stint using RunKeeper for about 400-500 miles. I would’ve reached the Volt level on NRC by now if I hadn’t used RK at all lol

832C70CC-6840-4D4D-9645-422AB44907FF.jpeg

Strava would be my #2.

Last edited:
B23F126C-7CB6-4F51-937F-5C8A6D28C187.jpeg

CE93E55E-72AE-44BD-AA58-CB4ACD0AD4D9.jpeg

Lots of photos of this colorway at the link below:

Last edited:
its my recovery shoe. do it!!!!
Question: Kofuzi says, imo, he prefers not to use them as a recovery or slow tempo shoe.
Just got back from my maiden run in the Superblast and it’s brilliant. Do it. Totally worth MSRP.
I probably won't qualify for the AMEX Asics offer but was able to take advantage of the first responder discount.

I'm being honest. I don't hate or love the NB3. So I'm hoping these are a hit. But, for the price, and possible return, I'll give it a try.
Doesn't hit as hard as the launch colourway
I DO like the initial almost half dozen CWs of the NB3.

Edit: Got my pair of SB in. The stack height is crazy. I’ll probably run in them tomorrow. I normally just buy a running shoe and try them. And then nothing. I’m going to try be more discerning in using returns more.

Last edited:
Since strength training has been my main focus for the past 2.5 years or so, I only ran 156.6mi in 2022. For my strength training, I kept a physical cross off calendar. I know it’s 2023 and most things are kept digitally. However, I’ve found that a physical/visual log of my progress keeps me more consistent.
4689C358-08A9-4E5D-B9D6-2B9A7FD5B103.jpeg

For 2023, I plan to run more. Inspired by the NDO calendar, I developed and created one for running. You’d essentially color in the days you ran on. By each month’s end, you’d write in your total mileage for the respective month in the shoe to the left of the month.

B48E1FD9-2626-4402-802E-9B9046B78240.jpeg

Last edited:
Since strength training has been my main focus for the past 2.5 years or so, I only ran 156.6mi in 2022. For my strength training, I kept a physical cross off calendar. I know it’s 2023 and most things are kept digitally. However, I’ve found that a physical/visual log of my progress keeps me more consistent.

For 2023, I plan to run more. Inspired by the NDO calendar, I developed and created one for running. You’d essentially color in the days you ran on. By the month’s end you’d write in your total mileage for the respective month.

Yooo thats fire! Can you use that too? Lol

For 2023, I plan to run more. Inspired by the NDO calendar, I developed and created one for running. You’d essentially color in the days you ran on. By the month’s end you’d write in your total mileage for the respective month.

Super dope! Do you mind sharing? This is great way to keep you engaged and a cool thing to have at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom