"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Customized my Speeds yesterday. They kind of have a volt Off White AF1 color-blocking vibe to them now.
  • Swapped out the orange laces in favor of yellow ones
  • Dyed, painted, and sealed the midsole and Saucony logos on the sides
PXL_20210120_004849073.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210120_152253683.jpg
PXL_20210120_152828166.PORTRAIT.jpg

Great job! They look like they're fresh out of the Saucony factory!

found you on Ig cause Ben.

nice job on the customs. Hopefully the paint lasts with all the wear.

how long are the Speeds lasting everyone before they become casual shoes?
:emoji_thumbsup:Thanks.

I am not too optimistic about durability since I run in all conditions, but we'll see. The factory finish had partially worn off on Kofuzi's pair after 100 miles so I can't see my arts and crafts experiment fairing any better.

:emoji_thumbsup:Thanks.

I am not too optimistic about durability since I run in all conditions, but we'll see. The factory finish had partially worn off on Kofuzi's pair after 100 miles so I can't see my arts and crafts experiment fairing any better.
Dude first off, your beard rocks, second off how the heck do you run in that flipping snow man?!? I am so spoiled in SoCal. Holy crap.

Dude first off, your beard rocks, second off how the heck do you run in that flipping snow man?!? I am so spoiled in SoCal. Holy crap.
The beard keeps me warm. 👍 I'm a polar bear and the climate out here is dry, so I'm in my element in colder weather. Running on snow is great and a ton of fun if you have decent grip. It adds some cushion to the run. Throw in some trails and it just gets better. They say there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear. I agree up to a point. Wind and ice sucks no matter what the temp IMO.

The beard keeps me warm. 👍 I'm a polar bear and the climate out here is dry, so I'm in my element in colder weather. Running on snow is great and a ton of fun if you have decent grip. It adds some cushion to the run. Throw in some trails and it just gets better. They say there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear. I agree up to a point. Wind and ice sucks no matter what the temp IMO.
I tend to enjoy running in colder weather but never the snow. That ish scares me!

nah, wear testers the best when it comes to bball reviews, they actually know the tech and explains em well and are real fans unlike others who uses a squeak test for traction and do not even know the tech or care to look it up before they make their vid

when it comes to running, they really dont know much

Forget the gear, show us more of the Porsche :nerd:. I like the color btw.

nah, wear testers the best when it comes to bball reviews, they actually know the tech and explains em well and are real fans unlike others who uses a squeak test for traction and do not even know the tech or care to look it up before they make their vid

when it comes to running, they really dont know much
Ok that’s more what I meant. Their running reviews suck.

I believe weartester has more than 1 reviewers. Nightwing is specialized in bball review and I like his review. When comes to running, it's typically done by Drew Whitcomb. I follow him on IG and I like his review as well.

If you don't want bell and whistle, kofuzi is pretty straight forward reviewer, right on the point.
I'm kinda annoyed little bit with Thomas on believeintherun. Sometimes he's trying to be funny but it turns to be dull moment. Just IMO.

when its NW talking about running shoes, its usually his wife who does most of the running but i do like NW perspective as a bball player but i just dont take it seriously because most of his guesses on why they do what they do on running shoes are wrong

i used to like kofuzi but i feel like half of his vids fluff, i got to fast forward to him talk about the shoes, like i think i prefer he just leaves his own run stats/splits on the description that wasting even more time talking about it

jamison also started to annoy me when he tended to focus more on the jokey skits and seth demoor used to be good too but now it seems like he's trying to get to that 10min mark because i yt gives em extra $$$ for longer content

my favorite is ginger runner but he doesnt do as much reviews these days

Just moved to Illinois (from Tampa ) any recommendations for warm running tights?

I never see people post about them but the Run Testers on YT are good for reviews too. And the Speedhack channel is rad as well.

Forget the gear, show us more of the Porsche :nerd:. I like the color btw.
Ha, thanks. Me too. 😄 Vroom!

RE: YouTube channels
I like Ginger Runner because he seems to be a bigger dude and kind of a dad bod. I can relate to that. I feel like his thoughts on gear align with what kind of comfort I would experience moreso than SJ DeMoor who is tiny and fast AF. Although Seth lives about 20 minutes from me so I listen closely to his experience of how trail shoes react to the terrain. GR's production is on point too.

Kofuzi is so chill and nice. I dig his reviews and live streams because it's cool just to talk about running and gear without getting too lost in the nonsense.

Believe in the Run is another one I like. They have a multi-faceted approach with their website, IG feed/live vids, YT, podcasts, and throw virtual events. They seem like a fun bunch of dudes and are from BMore (Go O's!), so they get bonus points from me. Some of the gear and videos feel a little too promotional at times, but overall they are pretty good. Good production value here too. I like that they have reviewers from all over the country too.

Similarly, RoadTrailRun has really great info but damn, their production sucks. The random voice overs audio of info inserted over prerecorded video is hilarious. Their website is also clunky AF. If they didn't have such thorough feedback from reviewers, I would have written them off a while ago. I'll use them for research on a product I'm interested in, but I'm not sticking around for other fluff. Zero entertainment value here.

EddBud is on the opposite end. He's one guy, offers info on the shoe but it's rarely technical. He's got a fun personality and does a great job at keeping the content fresh while the style of his vids is exactly the same from vid to vid.

Now don't forget to smash that like button and remember to subscribe.

puma deviate elite (last pic in the post) debut by Molly in her first race as a Puma athlete where she sets her new PB in the half

Back
Top Bottom