"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I just finished my first run in the Reggies and I am sold on half tights. So comfortable. They honestly feel like you aren't wearing anything. 😬

man.. alot of shh sold out.. gotta wait for them to reup.. might buy a pair if i like the ones i did order

if you had to choose 1, which one would you choose out of the brooks hyperion tempo or the hoka rincon 2?

just want a non plated shoe to pair with my saucony endorphin speeds

if you had to choose 1, which one would you choose out of the brooks hyperion tempo or the hoka rincon 2?

im Holding out for the Invincible’s.

I'd go with the Rincon 2. Less use-case overlap than the Hyperion Tempo.

Also, the Nike Yoga 7/8 tights feel pretty similar to the Tracksmith turnover tights IMO. Nike doesn't use flatlock seams though, so yeah. Might want to use longer leg boxer briefs with them if you choose to run in them 😬. The pocket on the hip though is 👍

I'd go with the Rincon 2. Less use-case overlap than the Hyperion Tempo.

what do you mean overlap?

I mean obviously heard the knock on the rincon is durability.. so you mean if I’m throwing em in a rotation, then go with the rincon?

Yeah, I think the Rincon is better suited for a rotation as it is soft enough for easy runs and works fairly well as a daily trainer. The Hyperion Tempo is firmer than the Speed or Rincon and is generally less useful for non-tempo day situations. But yes, the Rincon is less durable. You'll see cosmetic wear almost immediately and I noticed the midsole starting to feel like it was packing out between 100-150 miles. Thankfully, it's not an expensive shoe.

Not gonna lie, aesthetically the Mach 4 or Carbon X 2 are looking good. The release colorway of Mach 4 is on point. Both are on my radar this year along with Saucony Icon Pack, Asics Glideride 2, and Adidas Adios Pro. Damn....too many shoe, not to mention upcoming Nike's.

been running in epic reacts for awhile but haven't really been in love with them, decided to try something else but wanted to stay under $100.
read thru the thread and endorphin speeds seems like a hit but maybe more than in looking for rn also price.
seen some of you with good things to say about the reebok floatride energy line, youtube reviewers seemed to like them as well.
ended up finding them at nordstrom rack for $50, put a couple miles on them today and liking them so far.

20210202_155918.jpg

been running in epic reacts for awhile but haven't really been in love with them, decided to try something else but wanted to stay under $100.
read thru the thread and endorphin speeds seems like a hit but maybe more than in looking for rn also price.
seen some of you with good things to say about the reebok floatride energy line, youtube reviewers seemed to like them as well.
ended up finding them at nordstrom rack for $50, put a couple miles on them today and liking them so far.

20210202_155918.jpg

imo the reebok FFE is the best bang for your buck at the discounts you can find them at

pretty much a do it all kind of shoe for me and what i wish boost was like in all adidas shoes

Not gonna lie, aesthetically the Mach 4 or Carbon X 2 are looking good. The release colorway of Mach 4 is on point. Both are on my radar this year along with Saucony Icon Pack, Asics Glideride 2, and Adidas Adios Pro. Damn....too many shoe, not to mention upcoming Nike's.
I'm probably going to get the Mach 4 over the NB Rebel 2. But am also really looking forward to the new Adidas lineup!

Has anyone seen release information about the speed icon? Aside from Running Lab, I mean.

Back
Top Bottom