"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Sheer ID has not gotten back to me yet... :/ The offer still states, "60%" on the site.

Anyhow, I just checked out the NovaBlast colorway offerings, and I'm impressed. There's a lot of variety! Most of all, I like that the majority of the cws have a colored outsole!

Hopefully, they do the same with the Metaracers! Only two known releases so far... :nerd: C'MON, KILL BILLS!!! :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Any recommendations for a good daily trainer? I used to run in solar boosts for the daily miles and recovery but they’ve kind of flattened/hardened out. I heard a lot of good things about the novablast but curious as to what other good options are out there.

Currently running in the fuelcell TC for tempo and long runs and actually just got my metaracer pre-order today from runningwarehouse, earlier than expected.

7AB47B26-CD9D-49CF-9A0D-1C1D7B734089.jpeg

Last edited:
Novablast - is my recommendation. I have not ran in them but people say the Reebok Symmetros . The Nike Peg 37 (womans) but they only go up to size 12 in woman's, (10.5/11) men's equivalent. The new balance 1080 v10. Others like the Saucony Endorphin Speed and ride 13.

id go ahead and recommend the rincon as a daily trainer ahead of those

its light, well cushioned and can be had at less than $100 now and about to drop some more

bout to double up myself

Any recommendations for a good daily trainer? I used to run in solar boosts for the daily miles and recovery but they’ve kind of flattened/hardened out. I heard a lot of good things about the novablast but curious as to what other good options are out there.

Currently running in the fuelcell TC for tempo and long runs and actually just got my metaride pre-order today from runningwarehouse, earlier than expected.

How the Metas fit? TTS? Did you opt for the same size in the TCs too?

Currently running in the fuelcell TC for tempo and long runs and actually just got my metaride pre-order today from runningwarehouse, earlier than expected.

saucony ride 13 or triumph 18

Last edited:
How the Metas fit? TTS? Did you opt for the same size in the TCs too?

Yeah I got the same size. Like the TCs, the metaracers have some room in the forefoot, but not enough to make me want to go half size down.

And thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll check them out. I did try the 1080v10, but the stitching at the bottom of the tongue kept pressing on the top of my foot, so they didn't work for me. Sucks cause I have a high volume, flatter foot. Also tried the infinity react, but the stability piece/rail dug into the side of my foot.

Last edited:
for those buying the plated shoes, how often are you guys putting them to use or are you guys even using them or stashing them until races start happening again?

planned on getting the metaracer and contemplating the endorphin pros but with no races happening anytime soon for me, i can’t really see myself spending $200+ on them and have leaned towards picking up more trainers instead since i have been racking up plenty of miles

i probably use them more often than i should, one or twice a week

but i do it even when there were races available, i just like running in them and how it makes me feel faster, propels forward and keeps my legs feel less tired

for those buying the plated shoes, how often are you guys putting them to use or are you guys even using them or stashing them until races start happening again?

planned on getting the metaracer and contemplating the endorphin pros but with no races happening anytime soon for me, i can’t really see myself spending $200+ on them and have leaned towards picking up more trainers instead since i have been racking up plenty of miles

I'm the same as rfx45 rfx45 I usually use them once or twice a week if not more. Still, I don't want to use them too much which is why I'm looking for a non plated daily trainer. Since I just got it, I want to at least break in the metaracer a little even if there are no races coming up. I don't want to run a race with shoes fresh out the box but that's just me.

I totally get not wanting to spend on them, though, especially during these times. I sold a bunch of old shoes before buying the metaracer.

I don't wear super-stiff carbon plated shoes often; maybe once a week tops. Less rigid plated shoes like the Endorphin Speed I'll wear often.

Metaracers look sweet. I'm almost certain it's the wrong shoe for me to run in, but I'd wear them casually!

Is the reason you guys don’t wear them more than once because of the shin splints or Achilles pain?

I got my pair of Endorphin Speeds in today. They’re definitely TTS but lil toe room. Going to run in them on Sunday. Five miles.

I mainly use the Epic Reacts and Clifton 1s as the daily. Novablasts sound dope. If they had a Bruce Lee colorway I’d be there lol

i honestly could wear them everyday because i think my body has pretty much adapted to them, at least with nikes plated runners, ive ran a whole week alternating between ZFs and VFs

i mainly dont it because you i also do not want that plateau per say and plated shoes just makes me want to run faster and longer than i should and sometimes your legs needs to recover

plus you want to change things up so it does not get too boring, running everyday can be tasking both physically and mentally and i could only listen to so much podcast to distract me

also it might just be me but i try not to run in the exact same shoes everyday, its weird and theres probably no scientific truth to back it up but i kind of want to let the midsole/rubber to recover and bounce back? i know its probably the dumbest sh*t ever, almost like a superstition but imma stick to it :lol:

i honestly could wear them everyday because i think my body has pretty much adapted to them, at least with nikes plated runners, ive ran a whole week alternating between ZFs and VFs

i mainly dont it because you i also do not want that plateau per say and plated shoes just makes me want to run faster and longer than i should and sometimes your legs needs to recover

plus you want to change things up so it does not get too boring, running everyday can be tasking both physically and mentally and i could only listen to so much podcast to distract me

also it might just be me but i try not to run in the exact same shoes everyday, its weird and theres probably no scientific truth to back it up but i kind of want to let the midsole/rubber to recover and bounce back? i know its probably the dumbest sh*t ever, almost like a superstition but imma stick to it :lol:

agree with what you said haha i can wear plated shoes everyday but my mind always tells me to go fast or go for a long run

but i like changing up shoes every run too and think a lot will say it’s best to do that to allow for the bounce back of the foams like you mentioned by rotating through multiple pairs. idk i just like shoes so i’ll have like 3-4 i always rotate through

I wear the endorphin speeds twice a week. Vfn% about once every two weeks when I want to go fast. I would wear them daily if durability wasn't an issue. They are my favorite shoes hands down. I go back and forth between the Infinity reacts (love these) and novablast (fun but ankle rollers) for a road trainer. Wild horse 6 for my main trail shoe. I want to try the Hoka speedgoat though.

Has anyone tried the Hoka recovery slides? They look interesting.

Yeah I got the same size. Like the TCs, the metaracers have some room in the forefoot, but not enough to make me want to go half size down.

And thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'll check them out. I did try the 1080v10, but the stitching at the bottom of the tongue kept pressing on the top of my foot, so they didn't work for me. Sucks cause I have a high volume, flatter foot. Also tried the infinity react, but the stability piece/rail dug into the side of my foot.

If you have flatter feet, you might want to check out the Brooks Transcend...a highly cushioned stability shoe. No one ever seems to talk about this one.

probably been posted but rrs has the metaracers on pre-order, shops 08/07

would have copped but of course the only size missing is my size

yah looking at getting the white pair and i usually receive my orders from them overnight

1595651320368.jpeg

Why did ASICS decide on those two as their debut cws for the Metaracers?! Both are too similar to what Nike has done (with the VF2s)... :smh: They should've at least went with one of them being their flagship cw (Yellow/Black).

Please!!!
NJBY6158.JPG

B3C71AD3-D335-410D-9AB5-BE847A332E5F.jpeg

-edit-
Anyhow, I have a pair of NB-FC-TCs (my first performance NB) that should be delivered Monday. I can't wait to compare those with the ZF3s!

I also tried another med discount (20% off) through ID.ME for Saucony's Endorphin line, but both the Pro and Speed were excluded. :/

Last edited:
Why did ASICS decide on those two as their starting cws for the Metaracers?! Both are too similar to what Nike has done (with the VF2s)... :smh: They should've at least went with one of them being their flagship cw (Yellow/Black).

Please!!!
NJBY6158.JPG

B3C71AD3-D335-410D-9AB5-BE847A332E5F.jpeg

-edit-
Anyhow, I have a pair of NB-FC-TCs (my first performance NB) that should be delivered Monday. I can't wait to compare those with the ZF3s!

I also tried another med discount (20% off) through ID.ME for Saucony's Endorphin line, but both the Pro and Speed were excluded. :/

The TCs were everything the ZF3 should have been imo. The feel is incredible

The ZF improved with every new model being better than the previous, IMO. With that said, the ZF3 is easily my favorite of the ZF line, and it’s my favorite non-VF Nike trainer. For me, it has set the bar high for the second tier of plated trainers.

plus the TCs cost more and NB had the benefit of pretty much having nike innovate first and be the guinea pig for plated runners and create the blueprint for everyone else to copy

if anything NB should have been able to undercut nikes price not charge more

the TC should have been the cheaper alternative to VF, not the more expensive alternative to the ZF (which if you consider the ZF hits less than $100 these days and TC isnt because they arent producing enough and its selling well... then the ZF becomes a better option)

Back
Top Bottom