"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Yeah, it only gave me 40% when I bought a Novablast the other day. I would’ve been geeked for 60%. That’s actually an insane discount.

Designed specifically for runners, this innovative face covering utilises air vents to ensure its users can breathe comfortably, while also keeping them protected. What’s more is that it also boasts quick-drying material that helps cool the air that reaches the mask’s interior.

Tests show that the ASICS Runners Face Cover is superior in both breathability and comfort compared to that of a traditional face covering, whether its wearer is out for an easy jog or undertaking high-intensity training.

The ASICS Runners Face Cover will be available globally from mid-September costing £35 (approximately $50 USD) from the ASICS web store.

1596046241122.png

1596046249438.png

That’s an expensive mask. Definitely price gauging.

Got a pair of Novablasts today. The black/graphite gray CW. Going to run later. Not a fan of the color options on the ASICS website. Every show should have the Bruce Lee CW.

Ran in the Nova Blast. Just short 3 miles. Two words: soft ride.

At the moment, might like the flyknit and lockdown more of the ER. But might change my opinion after a few more runs.

Ran in the Nova Blast. Just short 3 miles. Two words: soft ride.

At the moment, might like the flyknit and lockdown more of the ER. But might change my opinion after a few more runs.

one of my other gripes with the novablast is getting a good lockdown when tying the laces, i always have to jog a bit and then re-adjust again, the laces on the midfoot just slides more than i like so i cant tune the tightness perfectly off the get go

Finally ran in my metaracers today and I think I actually prefer the stiffness and lower stack. Compared to other plated shoes I’ve tried like the TC and original vaporfly, they might not have as much cushion, but they’re way more stable and the ride feels smooth and responsive at faster paces.

I would have to agree with the above assessment that they feel awkward at slower paces and when walking because of the bottom plate and rocker shape.

Sub 7 oz., glass infused full-length nylon(?) plate, pebax midsole, 1mm diecut rubber outsole, 6mm drop, 30mm/24mm stack height (effectively 34mm/28mm with the insole), same upper as the base model. Likely available early Q1 2021, but only for subscription members. And pricepoint is expected to be no more than $100.

finally got my first run in the boston 9s this morning with a 11 miler and honestly impressed with how they performed and the overall snappiness of the lightstrike

tested out various paces and they felt real great when i started picking up the pace towards the end. not like the max cushioned shoes i’ve been running in lately but feet felt pretty protected the entire time. cushioning is also firmer too but i surprisingly liked it. if they added just a bit more cushioning, i could see these as being a really good daily trainer for me.

overall like the shoe and gonna put lots of miles especially for those tempo/fast days. now i’m interested in trying out the adizero pros since it’s basically a more cushioned and plated boston
AF5E8807-6FD1-48CE-97BF-69BA6F902441.jpeg

$120!! Not a bad deal on quality running shoes.

Is the Bruce Lee colorway going to be general availability? I’d instacop those.

one of my other gripes with the novablast is getting a good lockdown when tying the laces, i always have to jog a bit and then re-adjust again, the laces on the midfoot just slides more than i like so i cant tune the tightness perfectly off the get go

I noticed that too. I would think if they used laces that were a bit thicker, that problem could have been avoided.

I’ve only run in the NovaBlast twice. Three main gripes:

1) Wide shoe
2) Lackluster Lockdown

I feel like those two reason contribute to making it on par w the ER. Just no. Better shoe.

Also, I don’t like the color ways. The orange/black and yellow/black Metaracer colors are nicer.

One thing I like about the Nike runners. Usually they’ll have a few color ways in a shoe that are nice. The Next%, I liked several of the color ways (and regret no buying them before the AF hype and COVID). Even the Peg 37 isn’t so bad.

Back
Top Bottom