"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

i definitely am for sure but thats a given, even if it was a ZF4 id still look forward to it

anything in the platedfly line im interested in

I experience occasional achilles pain that I unscientifically attribute to rigid plated shoes.
plus the TCs cost more and NB had the benefit of pretty much having nike innovate first and be the guinea pig for plated runners and create the blueprint for everyone else to copy

if anything NB should have been able to undercut nikes price not charge more

the TC should have been the cheaper alternative to VF, not the more expensive alternative to the ZF (which if you consider the ZF hits less than $100 these days and TC isnt because they arent producing enough and its selling well... then the ZF becomes a better option)

The TCs should be $180ish, $190 tops. But it is also superior to the ZF series. Leaving aside the qualities of the shoe, Saucony's Endorphin line nailed the pricepoints for each tier.

I hope that signing up for a oneASICS account will eventually grant access to purchase the Metaracers in the Kill Bill cw! :nerd:

Anyone prefer the Endorphin Speed to the TC (or vice versa)?

Seems like a lot of folks break things down as race day show like AF, VFN, VF, Endorphin Pro, Adizero Pro, Metaracer, etc.

Plate based Speed Trainer like the ZF, TC, Endorphin Speed, Tempo NXT%, etc.

A trainer like Pegasus 37....etc

And stability, soft (or long ride) like ER, Pegasus Turbo, Clifton, etc

Has anyone noticed a difference in the Novablast cushion with the weather? I ran in them today at around 70 degrees and they felt great. Last week I ran in them around 90 degrees and the cushion felt dead.

Ran in the Endorphin Speeds today. Not a bad shoe. I could definitely feel the plate through my lower legs. Cushion was subtly soft not super mushy. Not a super heavy shoe.

I’d definitely need a Novablast/ER shoe to compliment using them.

Like most, I think that cw will remind us of the VF2... but a nice cw nonetheless!

If NB puts those on NB1... :wow:

Maybe there's not enough room?

Found these CW's as well. Could be women's though. From this blog: https://www.activegearreview.com/articles/sneak-peek/outdoor-retailer-snow-show-preview-part-2/

Saucony.JPEG
D145D002-EC50-46B2-843A-CED72CE348BD.jpeg

B80FBCCC-0F14-4834-8517-79063B9D8824.jpeg

via roadtrailrun edit: is that a ride 13 on the second shelf?

Last edited:
Just like the original Zoom Fly and VaporFly, I’m having a bit of difficulty distinguishing the Saucony Endorphin Speeds versus the Pros.

Other than reading the name/label on the shoe itself, I can see the Pro has a line design on its logo versus a solid one on the Speed. I hope they release a similar Volt cw like in that image above for the Pro!

Me: Speed > TC

To me, the Speed is better for faster and slower runs and f
D145D002-EC50-46B2-843A-CED72CE348BD.jpeg

via roadtrailrun edit: is that a ride 13 on the second shelf?
I don't think the second shelf is a Ride 13. It doesn't match anything in their current road shoe lineup so it's likely something else that isn't out yet.

^^^Congrats. You’ll definitely have some spring in your step lol.

I ordered a pair of Nova Blasts with that ASICS discount that was posted last week. I wish I had known there was a Saucony 20% discount for first responders.

Just got these beauties in, I’m excited to see how they perform!

16D2C2C9-1295-4069-8262-B12AB470E67A.jpeg

RRS just sent me shipping confirmation on this pair too. Can't wait to try these on.
Fleet Feet just cancelled my NB TC order. I'm glad they did. Somehow Im more excited with ES.

RRS just sent me shipping confirmation on this pair too. Can't wait to try these on.
Fleet Feet just cancelled my NB TC order. I'm glad they did. Somehow Im more excited with ES.
Yeah, mine came from RRS too, going to try them out this week. Low key want the other color too.

Oh man those black and gold ES are so nice! Really excited to try them, I was loving the TC, but got a stress fracture in my tibia so no running for a while now :smh:

^^^Congrats. You’ll definitely have some spring in your step lol.

I ordered a pair of Nova Blasts with that ASICS discount that was posted last week. I wish I had known there was a Saucony 20% discount for first responders.

The med discount isn’t applicable toward the Endorphin Speeds or Pros.

Looking forward to Saturday to see if the med code will be applicable toward the Metaracers. Sheer ID still has not gotten back to me about my inquiry... :stoneface:

Received my NB FCTCs. I was worried going +1/2 a size would make them fit too big. It was the only size available. They fit just right and just like my ZF3s in my true size.

Lengthwise, they’re pretty damn close.

TC: +1/2 my true size vs. ZF: my true size
EB0CB97A-9D86-44FE-9207-169410C23670.jpeg

Sheer ID replied back. They suggested contacting the ASICS customer service team. I’m awaiting their reply now.

I could’ve sworn that I read that some people actually received 60% off codes. OR... maybe it’s a misunderstanding of the offer. Rather than getting 60% off, it’s actually paying 60% on an item (hence the 40%).

Back
Top Bottom