"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

via IG

E91886D9-0A63-476B-8DA9-4A49BCD19D10.jpeg

Reminds me of one of the debut LunarTrainers from back in the day!

I want to demo a COROS watch, as the watchface looks more crisp compared to the fenix6X pro.

Last edited:
Yeah the whole no music thing means I’m carrying phone either in sleeve or in hand. Not ideal but just have to deal.

Also, curious what everyone’s rotation is right now? Rebel V2 majority of days, and Clifton 7’s that I’m swapping out with Mach 4 for easier / recovery days.

These just dropped in the UK store. I need another white shoe like I need a hole in the head but it is nice... Wonder if these were originally slated for Summer months, probably got delayed with Covid.

Might wait it out until that Vizi Green pair are out before grabbing another pair of these.
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.07.44.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.07.50.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.07.58.png

Endorphin Pro 2 version:

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.15.05.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.15.10.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.15.15.png
Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 14.15.22.png

Last edited:
Yeah the whole no music thing means I’m carrying phone either in sleeve or in hand. Not ideal but just have to deal.

Also, curious what everyone’s rotation is right now? Rebel V2 majority of days, and Clifton 7’s that I’m swapping out with Mach 4 for easier / recovery days.

Triumph 19 for easy, Velocity Nitro for daily miles. Uptempo I’m reaching for the Magic Speed, and special efforts/races it’s still hard to say no to the Vaporfly Next 2. But I’m also subbing the More v3/Novablast 2/Endorphin Speed 2 in as well to switch up easy/daily/fast. I have too many shoes but these are working great for me at the moment:smile:

Ghost 14 + Rebel V2 for daily / longer runs
Magic Speed + Endorphin Speed tempo work

Sold off the magic speed recently, replacing it with RC Elite V2 to try out, as couldn't turn them down for 168 notes.

Triumph 19 for easy, Velocity Nitro for daily miles. Uptempo I’m reaching for the Magic Speed, and special efforts/races it’s still hard to say no to the Vaporfly Next 2. But I’m also subbing the More v3/Novablast 2/Endorphin Speed 2 in as well to switch up easy/daily/fast. I have too many shoes but these are working great for me at the moment:smile:

What are the Triumph like? compared to the More V3? Have always kept an eye on that series but have always picked up something else in place of it... I like the look of the Triumph 20 from the leaked images...

What are the Triumph like? compared to the More V3? Have always kept an eye on that series but have always picked up something else in place of it... I like the look of the Triumph 20 from the leaked images...

I really love the Triumph 19's. My complaint about the 17/18 was the weight and the stuffy, hot upper. The 19 lost more than an ounce off of it, with a much more breathable upper and the character of the shoe has improved markedly. It's no longer a slog to run in them. It feels like Saucony ripped the upper off of the Endorphin Speed in a lot of ways for the Triumph. The PWRRUN+ material is similar to boost, maybe a bit softer/lighter but a definite squish and rebound from the pavement. I've mostly used it for easy runs but I've done some steady state and even marathon pace miles in them and the energy return was apparent. It's a very similar use case to the More v3...maybe a bit lighter and bouncier but very protective. The More v3 has a more rockered profile if you prefer that, whereas the Triumph has a flexible forefoot.

Back
Top Bottom