"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Ghost 14 + Rebel V2 for daily / longer runs
Magic Speed + Endorphin Speed tempo work

Sold off the magic speed recently, replacing it with RC Elite V2 to try out, as couldn't turn them down for 168 notes.

That's an awesome deal on the RC Elite v2. Think of it like the Rebel v2 on steroids :lol:

I really love the Triumph 19's. My complaint about the 17/18 was the weight and the stuffy, hot upper. The 19 lost more than an ounce off of it, with a much more breathable upper and the character of the shoe has improved markedly. It's no longer a slog to run in them. It feels like Saucony ripped the upper off of the Endorphin Speed in a lot of ways for the Triumph. The PWRRUN+ material is similar to boost, maybe a bit softer/lighter but a definite squish and rebound from the pavement. I've mostly used it for easy runs but I've done some steady state and even marathon pace miles in them and the energy return was apparent. It's a very similar use case to the More v3...maybe a bit lighter and bouncier but very protective. The More v3 has a more rockered profile if you prefer that, whereas the Triumph has a flexible forefoot.

Sounds interesting, is the triumph midsole esentially like the speed without the plate? I guess it's got to be a higher durometer being a daily long run shoe. On the list to try out for sure. Looks like they've upped the stack of foam for the next iteration too

Sounds interesting, is the triumph midsole esentially like the speed without the plate? I guess it's got to be a higher durometer being a daily long run shoe. On the list to try out for sure. Looks like they've upped the stack of foam for the next iteration too

It's a bit different. The Speed is PWRRUN PB (Pebax) while PWRRUN+ is TPU. Both are leagues better than EVA. I find PWRRUN+ to be a bit softer than PWRRUN PB with more of a sink in feel before a bouncy rebound. PWRRUN PB doesn't sink in much but aggressively rebounds off the pavement. If you know anyone who tried out the Freedom 3, it's the same stuff in the Triumph series. The Freedom 4 is basically a non-plated Speed with PWRRUN PB in the midsole and almost the same outsole.

Rebel V2 cause anyone more overpronation issues? V1 and V2 show crazy use on the inner heal (slight overpronator to start with anyways).

Rebel V2 cause anyone more overpronation issues? V1 and V2 show crazy use on the inner heal (slight overpronator to start with anyways).
Haven't tried it but pretty sure it's not very good for stability. Seems like it's stripped light purely for speed.

Triumph 19 for easy, Velocity Nitro for daily miles. Uptempo I’m reaching for the Magic Speed, and special efforts/races it’s still hard to say no to the Vaporfly Next 2. But I’m also subbing the More v3/Novablast 2/Endorphin Speed 2 in as well to switch up easy/daily/fast. I have too many shoes but these are working great for me at the moment:smile:

Legit considering your latter combo. Also helps that the partner is running now too so I can justify to her that having five pairs of shoes in rotation isn’t complete overkill 🤣

It's a bit different. The Speed is PWRRUN PB (Pebax) while PWRRUN+ is TPU. Both are leagues better than EVA. I find PWRRUN+ to be a bit softer than PWRRUN PB with more of a sink in feel before a bouncy rebound. PWRRUN PB doesn't sink in much but aggressively rebounds off the pavement. If you know anyone who tried out the Freedom 3, it's the same stuff in the Triumph series. The Freedom 4 is basically a non-plated Speed with PWRRUN PB in the midsole and almost the same outsole.
Agreed. PR+ is definitely softer than PRPB. It's almost as bouncy too, but a lot heavier. It's like an optimized version of Boost. I've had the Triumph 17-19 and while the 17 is a sentimental favorite, the 19 is the superior shoe of the bunch thanks to the much more breathable upper. Depending on how my feet/legs feel, sometimes I will go for the even softer feel of the More V3, other times the T19. But both are excellent for slower and longer runs.

No idea why, but I still have mine.

PXL_20210901_051859627.jpg

Damn man, between this and the FuelBand I'm having some serious nostalgia.

Took the TNF Vectiv Infinite on its maiden trail run voyage today - 2.7 hrs, 10 miles, 4500’ of gain.

Came in with no expectations but have to say I’m very impressed with the slight leverage that plastic plate gives while going up 20-30% inclines. Very stable overall. Traction was great on dry but sometimes sandy soils, navigating a granite razerback ascent/descent, as well as on talus fields. These blow my Speedgoat 3s, Peg trail 2s out of the water in terms of performance. I especially appreciated the locked in heel when going up, and laces that stay put when going down.

Only downside is the very flat footbed - I’ve normal arches and they were a bit sore after, not something I usually get (maybe also because I should have taken them on an easier run first 😆)

6B2FC833-82BE-4896-B088-DB5D42F70CEE.jpeg

9CD8FEDF-B4D2-42AB-B8FD-3A9BADAA5076.jpeg

Last edited:
Took the TNF Vectiv Infinite on its maiden trail run voyage today - 2.7 hrs, 10 miles, 4500’ of gain.

Came in with no expectations but have to say I’m very impressed with the slight leverage that plastic plate gives while going up 20-30% inclines. Very stable overall. Traction was great on dry but sometimes sandy soils, navigating a granite razerback ascent/descent, as well as on talus fields. These blow my Speedgoat 3s, Peg trail 2s out of the water in terms of performance. I especially appreciated the locked in heel when going up, and laces that stay put when going down.

Only downside is the very flat footbed - I’ve normal arches and they were a bit sore after, not something I usually get (maybe also because I should have taken them on an easier run first 😆)

6B2FC833-82BE-4896-B088-DB5D42F70CEE.jpeg

9CD8FEDF-B4D2-42AB-B8FD-3A9BADAA5076.jpeg
Some custom insoles might help those foot beds. Loving the view in the pics. 👍🏻

Has anyone had an “adjustment period” with their speed2’s. got about 50 miles before my first long run (18 miles) in them and my Achilles are sore. Just wondering.
if it continues. I may have to return. Didn’t have that issue with espeed 1’s

Probably not the season to be wearing white shoes but will probably break them out for nice days only lol. They would have looked better with a black tongue and laces IMO.

Is there a Saucony code floating around from the last time that took off around 20%? Otherwise I'll pick up from runningwarehouse

Back
Top Bottom