"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

looks like new brooks glycerin gonna have dna loft v3 used in the auroras, Mr Dink Mr Dink you actually have a pair you got to run in yet?

also weird how Hibbets has been adding unreleased stuff early as OOS on their site

https://www.hibbett.com/brooks-glycerin-20-alloy-grey-blue-depths-mens-running-shoe/6P988.html
I do not have a pair of Glycerin 20s personally but I have tried them on and they feel amazing. I don’t remember the last time that I’ve been this excited about a Glycerin.

Hibbetts can put stuff on the site all they want, they’re still not allowed to sell them until March.

looks like new brooks glycerin gonna have dna loft v3 used in the auroras, Mr Dink Mr Dink you actually have a pair you got to run in yet?

also weird how Hibbets has been adding unreleased stuff early as OOS on their site

https://www.hibbett.com/brooks-glycerin-20-alloy-grey-blue-depths-mens-running-shoe/6P988.html
Yep. And you can see the Aurora-BL (the first DNA Loft V3 shoe) influences in the shape of the midsole sidewalls. Hopefully they'll have some more interesting colorways at launch.

Not shoe related, but does anyone use HR chest strap? Any recommendation? I'm assuming it's more accurate? My Garmin 235 has been "buggy". There's no way my HR is 145 when I barely start my run in early cool morning hour.

Not shoe related, but does anyone use HR chest strap? Any recommendation? I'm assuming it's more accurate? My Garmin 235 has been "buggy". There's no way my HR is 145 when I barely start my run in early cool morning hour.
I use a Garmin 245 and have been wondering how accurate the wrist based HR is. I’ve looked at the Garmin chest straps but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. They get good reviews.

First run out of the box in the RC Elite V1s for a progression 10K (~5mi of rolling hills and the last portion on the track).

8143B3BB-FFF5-4623-9279-90A341A6768A.jpeg

They definitely felt lighter and faster than the V2 and TC. Although this average pace was faster than my first run in the V2s, the V2 felt more stable at similar paces (6:40 and below). I understand why the V2s would be the better long distance racer now. The CF plate in NBs (RC Elite V1s, V2s and TCs) feels less prominent to Nike’s in my book. Overall, I’m very pleased with this bargain purchase!

Sizing: +1/2 my usual size worked out PERFECT for me.

I have been doing some HIIT/ strength training stuff with a trainer and tried the Puma Liberate Nitro for inside the gym. I had the Reebok Nano X, I did not like the cushion or how they fit. The Liberate Nitro has a far better fit, better cushion, and the Puma Grip sole is incredible. I think it's a little more than a tempo running shoe.

Both my recently EPro1s and MSSKy have been at my local FedEx destination facility since Monday.

I’ve noticed that the only down side with ordering from ASICS and Saucony is that they both ship via FedEx. I received my ESpeed1s almost one month after ordering. I hope it won’t be the same for these two.

I’m just excited to try the MSSKy and have another EPro1! Lol

illustrayt illustrayt Yeah I notice packages have been moving very slow with Fedex, even when they are coming within Cali. It could take about a week within Cali whereas before, it only took 1-2 days top. UPS on the other hand seems faster or about the same as before.

Is anyone into the Sean Wotherspoon drops? I didn't care much for the white version of these. I have the zx8000's tho.

DSC09406.jpg

DSC09411.jpg

Finally got to pick-up the MSSky at a FedEx. These were at the “local destination” since Sunday.
:emoji_expressionless:

4520A7CB-72FD-4B45-81A8-72645D3DB7AE.jpeg

Anyhow, I got to try them on, and they DEFINITELY fit small. Going +1/2 size up was the right move for these. I have slightly narrow feet too.

The reviews/input/comments on sizing were accurate for me. I really appreciate the ASICS “True Fit” analysis tool, as it gave me confidence in ordering the correct size. So far, it’s 100% accurate!

Most of all, I really appreciate ASICS for making these applicable for the 40% off med code.

These feel really aggressive on feet. I thought I was pretty set on racing in AlphaFly or the VFN%, but these are being considered now.

Finally got to pick-up the MSSky at a FedEx. These were at the “local destination” since Sunday.
:emoji_expressionless:

4520A7CB-72FD-4B45-81A8-72645D3DB7AE.jpeg

Anyhow, I got to try them on, and they DEFINITELY fit small. Going +1/2 size up was the right move for these. I have slightly narrow feet too.

The reviews/input/comments on sizing were accurate for me. I really appreciate the ASICS “True Fit” analysis tool, as it gave me confidence in ordering the correct size. So far, it’s 100% accurate!

Most of all, I really appreciate ASICS for making these applicable for the 40% off med code.

These feel really aggressive on feet. I thought I was pretty set on racing in AlphaFly or the VFN%, but these are being considered now.

They look fantastic! They were certainly fast for me, but the Alphafly/VFN/Adios Pro 2 are all slightly more efficient for me at my threshold paces or higher. I'm not sure if it was just the geometry or slightly lower drop, or if FF Turbo didn't match up to my stride as well, but personally I was a bit disappointed in their performance relative to the aforementioned shoes. But then again I know some people who these work REALLY well for, so I'd say test them out on similar workouts and you should have your answer :smile:

The NEX Pro Massage Gun is on Amazon for $150 with a 30% off promo. The grand total was about ~$115 shipped.

0A93D604-E611-49EA-B1E2-EBA2277683EE.jpeg

This will be my fifth massage gun lol. I have two regular NEX, one HyperVolt and one sizes in between.

The NEX Pro Massage Gun is on Amazon for $150 with a 30% off promo. The grand total was about ~$115 shipped.

0A93D604-E611-49EA-B1E2-EBA2277683EE.jpeg

This will be my fifth massage gun lol. I have two regular NEX, one HyperVolt and one sizes in between.
That seems interesting. Anything unique about this one? Is it just that its tiny? More travel oriented?

Thanks!

Man y’all are fast! I’m training for a half and just did my 8mi run for the last week. Really surprised myself and did it.

any recs on watches? I have a Apple Watch series 3 and was thinking about getting the new Apple Watch SE with cellular. The gps on my series 3 has been skipping a beat lately.

anyone in here hvae the Asics x Okayama Gel Lyte iii? Would love to see one of the new colorway in a actual picture not from the site. Azuze or Metropolis.

Back
Top Bottom