"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Not looking to break the bank tbh but need a pair of sunglasses to wear while running. Tired of grabbing whatever free sunglasses I’ve gotten just laying around. Any recs?

goodr

ive been using for a good two years and still fine + its polarized

retails $25 but i have a giant head so i got the bigger one which is $35

Latest Performance deliveries:

Brooks Launch 6 - Old Glory (the best looking USA themed cw in my book!)
Brooks Launch 6 - USA Old Glory.png

Saucony Endorphin Speed - Lime
Saucony Endorphin Speed - Lime.png

New Balance RC Elite V2 - Pink (the seller mislabeled them as women's because of the Pink lol)
New Balance RC Elite V2 - Pink.png

Did an 11 miler in the RC v2’s this morning, and while they’re comfortable, they’re not nearly as quick or propulsive for me as the VF/Adios Pro 2/Endorphin Pro. Something about the geometry of this shoe, combined with the softness makes it harder to turn over. I also don’t think Fuel Cell returns nearly as much energy as ZoomX or Lightstrike Pro. Know others love this shoe but I’m going to retire it to trainer status.

153C906D-9327-4F92-811F-B67ED3241E26.jpeg

Thanks for the insight. I haven’t run in any of mine yet. Does the V1 feel faster?

Speaking of NB… I had my longest run of the year (since my 18 month running hiatus) last night in the TCs

539A6484-DEEB-473A-94D8-B8F8B6D3E061.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. I haven’t run in any of mine yet. Does the V1 feel faster?

Speaking of NB… I had my longest run of the year (since my 18 month running hiatus) last night in the TCs

539A6484-DEEB-473A-94D8-B8F8B6D3E061.jpeg

For me it does. Lighter, lower stack is easier for my form to turn over quickly. But even that one I'm feeling is missing something compared to the other super shoes. NB beats all of them for comfort for me but I wish FuelCell was a bit more explosive.

They're definitely the comfiest of the super shoes but agree they're a slight notch down in terms of performance and energy return but damn they're comfy. I use them in place of the Invincible now lol

Wouldn't hesitate to get a a few more pairs if they hit the outlets.

They're definitely the comfiest of the super shoes but agree they're a slight notch down in terms of performance and energy return but damn they're comfy. I use them in place of the Invincible now lol

Wouldn't hesitate to get a a few more pairs if they hit the outlets.

Wait where are there New Balance outlets?

weird to me how they didn’t make a boston marathon pair of the pros with it being the 125th. prob had to do with covid and all that but would’ve been nice for us in the states to have a region “exclusive” pair unless they do one for NYC which makes less sense to me

I picked up another pair of ESpeed1s, and I just noticed the pace chart on the bottom of the box.

It even has a spot for you to write in your own data for the shoes in the box! That’s a very nice touch from Saucony!
761913D3-7D47-42D4-A60A-9CCFA7AF3FB2.jpeg

I picked up another pair of ESpeed1s, and I just noticed the pace chart on the bottom of the box.

It even has a spot for you to write in your own data for the shoes in the box! That’s a very nice touch from Saucony!
761913D3-7D47-42D4-A60A-9CCFA7AF3FB2.jpeg

think that’s on all the saucony running shoe boxes, pretty cool of them to include it to make figuring out finish times/paces so much easier

think that’s on all the saucony running shoe boxes, pretty cool of them to include it to make figuring out finish times/paces so much easier

Out of all my Saucony purchases this year, this particular ESpeed1 (Future Spring) was the only one with it.

First run in the NB FC RC Elite V2s

728F8146-6567-4ADE-BEA8-2BD70103F483.jpeg

The Fuel Cell felt very PLUSH and SMOOTH! The CF plate also felt more prominent in these compared to TCs. This run was 10K of rolling hills laps then the last remaining portion was finished on the track.

I can’t wait to compare these to the V1s! I’m waiting on the Performance Red MSSky too!

I wasn’t planning on it, but I just noticed that I hit a PR on the 10K with the RC Elite V2s last night! :emoji_sweat_smile:

FCBB2B93-9EE1-4EF5-8A36-FCB4A21C74E0.jpeg

083D685F-AEA2-46BD-A0F4-39B73E20619C.jpeg

This is a huge confidence booster for me going into my comeback race!
If you dont mind, What app is above the Nike screenshot?

Back
Top Bottom