"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

That's awesome to know that the ESpeeds are that durable and dependable! I ordered two ES1s this past weekend. Now, I'm heavily considering ordering one more EPro1.

I'm really enjoying the Endorphin Speed 2 and Pro 1 in my rotation.

Training run after an NTC Core session: I feel like my endurance is improving.

767E37AD-E055-420C-B606-85D07B189531.jpeg

Last edited:
If anyone wanted to try the Adios 6 (It's excellent btw), there's a really good deal going on right now on JackRabbit where it's $71 with code GET15ATJR

These almost look similar to the Reebok Floatride Energy which I bought and got a lot of use out of. That's a great price.
20210929_092604.jpg

I agree with others my Endorphin Speed 1 pair has gotten more bouncy after months of use. I've only started running recently but these have helped immensely.

That's awesome to know that the ESpeeds are that durable and dependable! I ordered two ES1s this past weekend. Now, I'm heavily considering ordering one more EPro1.

I'm really enjoying the Endorphin Speed 1 and Pro 1 in my rotation.

Training run after an NTC Core session: I feel like my endurance is improving.

767E37AD-E055-420C-B606-85D07B189531.jpeg

Squad - Hope all is good with everyone.

Would the triumph be the same shoe without the plate? or would that be the shift.. I ran berlin in the Speeds and they were ok, but felt real firm/ almost hard the final 10 k. Just looking for the same shoe without the stiffness.

Interested in the Peg39 but i wonder if thats not really a revamp?

These almost look similar to the Reebok Floatride Energy which I bought and got a lot of use out of. That's a great price.
20210929_092604.jpg

I agree with others my Endorphin Speed 1 pair has gotten more bouncy after months of use. I've only started running recently but these have helped immensely.
Guess ill keep using it. Conflicted about the shoe.

I hate when shoes do this (You love how they feel for 15-20 miles, then its different)

20210929_092604.jpg

Probably my favorite ES1 cw! I can’t wait to receive them.

20210929_092604.jpg

Great looking Speed colorway! If you're a mid-forefoot striker I think you'll love the Adios 6. The Lightstrike Pro from the mid-foot forward is very fun and highly rewarding to land on. It's definitely a fast shoe, maybe one of the faster non-plated shoes out there.

The hoops you have to jump through to get these.

You have to go to a Stone Island store, hope they have them available, then with the help of a sales person and a special in-store tablet, you place an online order and then they are delivered to you.

I know it's a complete faff to have to go through all those steps to get a pair of shoes! However, I'll probably run to the store and see what the queue situation is like and if it's not too bad, i'll take my chances. Don't live too far from the flagship store in London so hopefully goes to plan!

It all depends on the pricing now. If it's over £300, I'm out.

That lime green ES1 is lovely.

The Vizi green colourway is out now in UK, I've been waiting for them to drop, but I'm bled completely dry this month with a new camera and lenses, so will have to wait a little while, hopefully they're still around!

Would the triumph be the same shoe without the plate? or would that be the shift.. I ran berlin in the Speeds and they were ok, but felt real firm/ almost hard the final 10 k. Just looking for the same shoe without the stiffness.

The Triumph has PWRRUN+ instead of PWRRUN PB, I had a post regarding this a few pages back, but PWRRUN+ is a TPU based foam (like Boost) that has a softer sink in sensation before a nice springy rebound. PWRRUN PB is Pebax and doesn't really sink in at all but also has a somewhat explosive response from hitting the pavement. The Triumph 19 is a great shoe and it lost an ounce of weight from previous iterations to make it not feel nearly as bulky, but it's nowhere near as fast as the Speeds. More of an easy day cruiser. It's quite flexible too if you're looking for that.

The Freedom 4 has the same midsole material as the Endorphin Speed/Pro, without the plate, but I think it's a bit minimal for a marathon. I've used mine for shorter runs. Both are worth looking into!

Guess ill keep using it. Conflicted about the shoe.

I hate when shoes do this (You love how they feel for 15-20 miles, then its different)
I wish I could speak to that but Im working my way up to runs that long - still getting in to it. After putting 150-200 miles on the shoe overall though it has more of a squish like boost but enough push back and propel me forward, I feel it when I start to get tired. So much easier to and run a little faster.

I own the endorphin shift as well, and it is not my favorite. It is firm and heavy feeling and I cannot push myself while wearing it.

I wish I could speak to that but Im working my way up to runs that long - still getting in to it. After putting 150-200 miles on the shoe overall though it has more of a squish like boost but enough push back and propel me forward, I feel it when I start to get tired. So much easier to and run a little faster.

I own the endorphin shift as well, and it is not my favorite. It is firm and heavy feeling and I cannot push myself while wearing it.
Im about the 125 mile mark. so lets see 6 weeks to NYC.

For what it’s worth, I’d recommend you try the New Balance FuelCell RC Elite 2.

I know it's a complete faff to have to go through all those steps to get a pair of shoes! However, I'll probably run to the store and see what the queue situation is like and if it's not too bad, i'll take my chances. Don't live too far from the flagship store in London so hopefully goes to plan!

It all depends on the pricing now. If it's over £300, I'm out.
Actually, I may have misunderstood their gram post instructions. It's confusing the way they worded it. It may actually be saying: if you want to see what it looks like in person, go to their stores, but you'll still have to order online and can do so from anywhere. Not sure. Confusing.

i think both, an experience + purchase in-store though its weird as they call it a preview, not sure if that meant you get a reserved pair for the 12th or get to bring one home right away but then anyone can buy them online on the 12th as well

via their ig:

RC ELITE_SI | NB_1 will be available for preview starting from Thursday 7 October to Sunday 10 October, exclusively by tablet in selected Stone Island stores* with the assistance of a Store Associate. The experience will be managed via iPad from which you will be directed to stoneisland.com to complete the purchase.
Starting from 12 October, the RC ELITE_SI | NB_1 will be available for purchase on stoneisland.com, and, for Mainland China, also on the Stone Island WeChat Store starting from 13th October.

What's the sizing like on those? Thought about the Engineered Garments pair but looked way too chunky lol

What's the sizing like on those? Thought about the Engineered Garments pair but looked way too chunky lol

I went TTS - folks on here were really helpful (just lurked through)...despite the silhouette they are TIGHT...but that's what i wanted since I will be wearing these at the gym mostly for cardio...crazy responsive bounce just walking around in em...I can already tell my calves are going to have to get used to the drop...

personally the added bonus for the L model is that they could be worn casually as well for that chunky trend...

I'm very happy with this purchase....copped it for 100 shipped!

I went TTS - folks on here were really helpful (just lurked through)...despite the silhouette they are TIGHT...but that's what i wanted since I will be wearing these at the gym mostly for cardio...crazy responsive bounce just walking around in em...I can already tell my calves are going to have to get used to the drop...

personally the added bonus for the L model is that they could be worn casually as well for that chunky trend...

Being that they are leather, I bet the tightness will probably break in for an even better fit.

Last edited:

That's a good deal. Hoping to try that model one day. Just need a good deal to tempt me in...

Eastbay has select sizes of the Endorphin Pro on steep discount. I grabbed a pair of the Future Black cw for $101 a few days ago, and now they have size 10-14 down to $85 in that cw. A few other colors left too from $90-105.
Speeds are $95-105.

Back
Top Bottom