"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Man y’all are fast! I’m training for a half and just did my 8mi run for the last week. Really surprised myself and did it.

any recs on watches? I have a Apple Watch series 3 and was thinking about getting the new Apple Watch SE with cellular. The gps on my series 3 has been skipping a beat lately.

if you want something more run specific, think you’ll get the general consensus of something from the garmin forerunner/fenix line, polar watches and corros as well.

i made the switch from the apple watch series 6 to a forerunner 645 last year and there’s no turning back to using an apple watch for running again

Man y’all are fast! I’m training for a half and just did my 8mi run for the last week. Really surprised myself and did it.

any recs on watches? I have a Apple Watch series 3 and was thinking about getting the new Apple Watch SE with cellular. The gps on my series 3 has been skipping a beat lately.

I'd look into Garmin / COROS. I currently have a Garmin fenix 6X Pro. I was interested in getting a COROS, but the data doesn't sync to the Nike Run Club app. The NRC/Nike Running app has 80% of my all time mileage, so I'd hate to start from scratch. If it becomes an official partner, I'll consider jumping ship.

Last edited:

Garmin Forerunners have been awesome for me in terms of accuracy on GPS. They have a 945 LTE if you need cellular too, but that's also a top of the line watch. I love my Apple Watch (have a series 6), but most of the time when out on a run I'm throwing on my Forerunner 245 for better HR tracking and GPS performance.

Thanks guys! Yea it seems the forerunner 245/245 music was a top choice.

Edit: Any major differences between the 245 and 645?

Last edited:
illustrayt illustrayt Wait, COROS doesn't sync with Nike Running App? Bummer. I was planning to get it to replace my Garmin 235.

T TerpRunner You've been happy with Garmin 245? I feel my 235 hasn't been reliable lately in terms of HR.

illustrayt illustrayt Wait, COROS doesn't sync with Nike Running App? Bummer. I was planning to get it to replace my Garmin 235.

T TerpRunner You've been happy with Garmin 245? I feel my 235 hasn't been reliable lately in terms of HR.

It feels like it's pretty spot on. I've had some odd spikes in the first 2 miles of almost every run that I don't get with my Apple Watch, but otherwise it’s super accurate

Hoka x Moncler Mafate 2
Anyone know any boutiques that have these online in size 13?

Attachments

• 217BB250-5986-4A80-8F5D-F8B033EBB67B.jpeg
    217BB250-5986-4A80-8F5D-F8B033EBB67B.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 96
highsnobiety released them this morning at 5am est but the biggest size was 11.5. All sold out now.
Retail was $260

Last edited:

Garmin 945 is what I went to from Apple Watch. Battery is awesome, GPS is great and can still hold music.

Glad I made the trip down to get these, last pair in my size. The only other size was an 8 I think.

C42D95FC-1B58-434E-8B22-BDCB9D53D951.jpeg

C5F2A820-173E-48A3-B7A5-75A2AD310306.jpeg

Really hoping I can get a pair on 12/1. Currently wearing the Speedgoat 4s (TINT) in the mountains and absolutely love them. Didn’t realized people were into Hoka this much, damn.
Upcoming Hoka Speedgoat 5 - looks promising.

Attachments

• 8D22ABE3-3A49-4262-B623-094B961257D9.jpeg
    8D22ABE3-3A49-4262-B623-094B961257D9.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
broke out the adios pro 2 for my half today and loving them. PR today but more so due to the improved training but these are really good racing shoes. think ill still opt with the vaporfly for my full but moving forward these will be good for my half’s and tempo workouts
DC4BB83D-C251-4BEB-9FF5-A44623F1B0D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom