"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

It's so underrated. There's been so much hype about the Endorphin Speed, and that's an excellent shoe but the Magic Speed is just as good in its own right and better when it comes to snap on toe off from the carbon plate. What was everyone's favorite shoes of 2021? I'll list my top ones broken down by category.

Recovery/Easy: New Balance More V3
Daily: Puma Velocity Nitro
Tempo: Asics Magic Speed or Adidas Adios 6 if I don't want a plate
Race: Adidas Adios Pro 2
But also $100 more then the speeds…

solid list, was a bit surprised at first to not really see a nike shoe on the list, but totally makes sense with lots of options available.

recovery/easy: adidas ultraboost 21 (yup i ran in them and honestly have enjoyed running in UBs since they made it more running oriented with the UB19)
daily: puma velocity nitro
tempo: adidas boston 10
race: adidas adios pro 2

honorable mention: nike zoomx invincible (great bouncy and fun shoe i was able to use for most of my runs minus the tempo stuff, just couldn't really stick it in any of the above categories)

had a huge backlog of shoes from 2020 that i went through so didn't really buy much last year, but glad i didn't since 2022 looks to have a plenty of great stuff to come

Think we have very similar taste. Just picked up the Boston 10 myself but it feels like a cruiser to me, probably a good long run shoe. Would strongly recommend the Adios 6 if you’re liking the Boston and Adios Pro 2!

Think we have very similar taste. Just picked up the Boston 10 myself but it feels like a cruiser to me, probably a good long run shoe. Would strongly recommend the Adios 6 if you’re liking the Boston and Adios Pro 2!
yeah the updated adizero line is great, tempted to try out the adios 6, but just don’t feel the need for it in my rotation at the moment since i’m trying to just minimize myself to just a 2 shoe rotation, peg 38s for daily/easy and boston 10s for the long/faster workouts and occasionally using a super shoe on those days i wanna just have fun

Path Projects Killams are great for So Cal; not too warm and light with lots of zippered pockets. My favorite pants.
I run at 4:30 in San Diego. It’s maybe 42-45 degrees at the coldest. How the heck do you wear pants?!?!?

Spotted new images of two upcoming EPro2s

Giay_Chay_Bo_NAM_Saucony_Endorphin_Pro_2_Vizigold_Vizired___Vang_Cam_Neon_(pro_2_yellow___fb1).jpg

Giay_Chay_Bo_Nam_Saucony_Endorphin_Pro_2_Campfire_Stories___Cam_Neon_(campfire_story__1_).jpg

Has anyone tried Norda shoes? Very interested to see how they compare to other trail runners like Hoka etc.

Clifton 7's bottoming out at 250 miles. Still have 1080v11 on deck but thinking about copping Endorphin Speed 2. I put a pair on a while ago but didn't test drive it. How do you guys like your speed 2?

Back
Top Bottom