"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

These are really really good. The new plate geometry makes them significantly more propulsive at toe off than Deviate Elite 1. I’d put them right up there with other super shoes performance wise. Comfort and stability are a class above others as well!
95F6C18C-3290-46FE-9C8B-25E041596329.jpeg

Hoka is really going for the commuter shoe segment this year. Hadn't heard about the Hoka Transport X, but if it has a full Profly+ midsole (and came in better colorways), this might be a fun shoe. Not sure about how comfortable it would be to walk around in a plated shoe all day though.

Hoka is really going for the commuter shoe segment this year. Hadn't heard about the Hoka Transport X, but if it has a full Profly+ midsole (and came in better colorways), this might be a fun shoe. Not sure about how comfortable it would be to walk around in a plated shoe all day though.

These look clean, simple and nice...very versatile....if they did a collab on these, they'd sell quickly

These are really really good. The new plate geometry makes them significantly more propulsive at toe off than Deviate Elite 1. I’d put them right up there with other super shoes performance wise. Comfort and stability are a class above others as well!
95F6C18C-3290-46FE-9C8B-25E041596329.jpeg
How’s the ride compared to the Endorphin Pro 1 and/or 2?

Did the NYC Half with my Superblasts. Been doing smaller miles with them (4-5 topping out at 7) Any comments about below would appreciated

Did you guys feel any instability in them? After about 8 miles my ankles felt like they worked a little too much. I didn't think these would be as "unstable" as the Invincible 1's but really felt it.

Instep is narrow compared to the Metaspeed edge? Maybe as my feet swelled the instep got tighter?

Overall, they gobbled the miles fine, But the instability caught me off-guard. My ankles are sore today. I have never really been into "Max cushioned shoes" assuming this is par for the course?

Did the NYC Half with my Superblasts. Been doing smaller miles with them (4-5 topping out at 7) Any comments about below would appreciated

Did you guys feel any instability in them? After about 8 miles my ankles felt like they worked a little too much. I didn't think these would be as "unstable" as the Invincible 1's but really felt it.

Instep is narrow compared to the Metaspeed edge? Maybe as my feet swelled the instep got tighter?

Overall, they gobbled the miles fine, But the instability caught me off-guard. My ankles are sore today. I have never really been into "Max cushioned shoes" assuming this is par for the course?

Superblast is one of the more stable shoes out there IMO. The firm foam and broad platform along with the raised sidewalls should keep your foot/ankles decently happy I’d think. We’re all unique though. I would NOT recommend the Prime X if the Superblast gave you issues 😂

Superblast is one of the more stable shoes out there IMO. The firm foam and broad platform along with the raised sidewalls should keep your foot/ankles decently happy I’d think. We’re all unique though. I would NOT recommend the Prime X if the Superblast gave you issues 😂
Yeah I wouldn’t even dare try those. It took me a while to get used to Alphaflys, I could imagine the prime X.

I’m going to keep chugging miles in these as they are comfy long run shoes. Just gotta get used to them I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with their Garmin / Garmin Connect not syncing with NRC? I had to add my last two runs manually, which felt like cheating. Using a Fenix 6X FWIW.

Maybe it’s a sign to jump onto the COROS ship?!

Anyone else having issues with their Garmin / Garmin Connect not syncing with NRC? I had to add my last two runs manually, which felt like cheating. Using a Fenix 6X FWIW.

Maybe it’s a sign to jump onto the COROS ship?!
NRC seems to be glitchy lately. I have Coros. Few of my runs were not synching with NRC for some odd reasons. So I don't think it's Garmin, unless you wanna use the excuse to jump ship lol.

Back
Top Bottom