"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is absolutely no reason for brands to be designating colourways as men’s and women’s in 2023.

There is nothing about that lead women’s colourway for the Novablast 4 that should limit it to just women or men with smaller feet. This approach to colourways was outdated years ago.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is absolutely no reason for brands to be designating colourways as men’s and women’s in 2023.

There is nothing about that lead women’s colourway for the Novablast 4 that should limit it to just women or men with smaller feet. This approach to colourways was outdated years ago.
Besides sizes and widths…

Going to sit the NB4 out for now, none of the launch colours for men do it for me. Hopefully they'll be another colourway of the Superblast in the meantime other than sunrise red and that orange/white that I can pick up.

Picked up the Novablast 4. I tried the first one which was crazy but returned it because I just had too many daily trainers at the time but it was really good. Ran in the 3 and the 4s feel waaay closer to the SuperBlast than the 3s. The 3 feels like a more normal daily trainers whereas the 4 feels almost like a max cushion/regular daily trainer crossover. Less hollow feeling compared to the SBs and pretty fun so far. The shoe has way more cushion in the forefoot compared to the 3. It feels good going faster. Need to try it at a variety of paces before a final verdict tbh. Worth it imo if you want a trainer that can do a lot.

IMG_9699.jpeg

The SC Trainer V3 and Superblast 2 are the shoes I’m most excited about for 2024.

Picked up the Novablast 4. I tried the first one which was crazy but returned it because I just had too many daily trainers at the time but it was really good. Ran in the 3 and the 4s feel waaay closer to the SuperBlast than the 3s. The 3 feels like a more normal daily trainers whereas the 4 feels almost like a max cushion/regular daily trainer crossover. Less hollow feeling compared to the SBs and pretty fun so far. The shoe has way more cushion in the forefoot compared to the 3. It feels good going faster. Need to try it at a variety of paces before a final verdict tbh. Worth it imo if you want a trainer that can do a lot.
Sizing?

Hoka lightweight I growing on me. Copped the Ora primo just to gauge the feel of their shoes. Will probably cop a running model soon to jog

Hoka lightweight I growing on me. Copped the Ora primo just to gauge the feel of their shoes. Will probably cop a running model soon to jog
Been in the Speedgoat, Bondi, Rincon, and Oras for years. Enjoy the Hoka brand, in addition to too many others…

So is Superblast analogous to the Nike Invincible? And NB4 analogous to the Infinity or Pegasus?

Superblast is way firmer/more stable and more of an uptempo shoe than the Invincible. The FF Turbo is firm but bouncy, idk that it fits in with anything that Nike is currently offering. NB4 is definitely the daily trainer in the vein of the Pegasus

Has anyone tried the Adidas Supernova Rise? I’m loving the Boston 12 and the Supernova Rise seem like a daily trainer that can handle easy and uptempo paces well.

Back
Top Bottom