P90X Discussion

From the fitness thread it seems a few people are either interested in, or are working out using the P90X system. I figured questions might get overlookedin that thread so hopefully we get some responses in this one. Does anyone have input on how well this works? I work out a few times a week and candefinitely notice the plateau effect they talk about. I figured its only 90 days and will be for the better. I was looking into ordering it this week andtaking it to the gym to workout with in one of their side rooms. How is the diet plan that comes with it? Thats my biggest problem is sticking to the dietbut I do think if I buy it and have it all in front of me, it wont be as hard as I think.

I know I can look up workouts and diets online but like someone said in the other thread, if I buy it I think I'll be more inclined to stick with it.

Anyone get results from this or have any questions?

a work buddy of mine got it and said it's pretty rough

he did the ab part and said it felt like he was punched in the guy 100 times today

I'm interested as well but I'm lazy as @+$@ and would probably try this for a week and stop ..
ohwell.gif

dl awhile back, just started it, on the second week, and this workout is intense. maybe its because i started working out again, but i wasn't able to hangin with the guys or gal on the dvd but i think i will later on. after the first day i was sore like a m..f...you definitely have to "bring it" asthey say, but don't overexert yourself

the ab ripper x is intense and is torture, since you do it 3x a week and right after your workout. a total of 339 reps in like 15 mins. you will feel the burn!

as far as diet, i usually eat healthy so i don't think i have that much of a problem. i think it may take me more than 90 days, since im so sore, lol

I was talking to the VP of my company and he mentiod he got this for his wife for xmas (she wasnt thrilled at first) and they are about a week into it. saidits def tough

yeah i was thinking about getting this also, i've heard that the program is really not for beginners but for people who are already working out

i bought the P90 for my girl while i was deployed,of course she never used it but when i came home i thought to try it out and man its probaly one of thetoughest at home work-outs ive ever tried and i would like to think that im shape. its intense from the beginning til the end and is defenitly recomended toanyone who's trying to get in shape and cant go to the gym...

Originally Posted by sjuelz

yeah i was thinking about getting this also, i've heard that the program is really not for beginners but for people who are already working out

this is kinda true, if your very out of shape and not used to high intense workouts then this probaly isnt something you want to try when starting out, bestadvice would be to start a cardio plan and then gradually work yourself up to completing a whole workout after you run.

im fat and i need to lose weight... everyone told me i was gonna gain weight from settling down and having a family but DAMN.....didnt know it was gonna belike this...

you need weights (or resistance bands), a pullup bar, and thats about it

yes a nutrition guide comes with it and breaks down every meal that you should eat, recipes and all

this program isn't for the weak at heart...if you are just starting to work out then you'd be better off with some of the less intense programs thatthis company has to offer. Go to beachbody dot com. P90X and X+ are the most intense that they offer. I purchased it right about a year ago, used it for about2 months and had a lot of strength gains. I had better definition too, but being a graduate student didn't allow me to reach my full potential.

I'm not using it now, except for the stretching, Core, and Yoga DVDs. The host, Tony Horton, keeps you motivated and entertained. Sure he's a *****eesy at times, but oh well, its good for a laugh. And the guy is almost 50 years old and he looks like that, so that should be enough to get your butt intogear.

All in all its a good program, if you do the workouts EVERYDAY. I REPEAT EVERYDAY. If you want to get "cut" however, thats 90% nutrition, whichtakes a lot more self control than working out for an hour a day.

How much does it cost? I'm sure I can look it up, but just wondering if it's same price in all the many of places you can probably find it.

Originally Posted by Freshsince1982

^^ Can i get by without having a pullup bar?

Get one...BeachBody sells one that hangs on your door frame. My buddy could use it and was 250+ so it'll hold a lot of weight.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

How much does it cost? I'm sure I can look it up, but just wondering if it's same price in all the many of places you can probably find it.

Do you rely on NT to feed you as well? I got my set on eBay from a beachbody coach for 150 or something like that. Included the pullup bar so it was a gooddeal. Also get express shipping if u order directly from them, otherwise it takes several weeks.

DON'T HAVE THE P90X BUT I HAVE THE REGUALR P90, I'M BOUT TO START NEXT WEEK. I'M A LIL HESITANT BEING THAT I'M LIKE 6'3 AND WELL OVER265LBS..

man yall need to jus go to the gym..u can get the same results by goin to the gym..of course u still have to push yourself but u wont be as sore.

I have the regular P90...it's pretty good... definitely good if you''re not in the best of shape like I was due to a knee injury

Back
Top Bottom