P90X Discussion

I'm 13 days in so far and it is tough. Really tough for the first week but I seem to be getting used to it. I have a ton more energy and the workouts aregreat. I haven't worked out seriously in 4+ years so it is going to be a struggle but intend on keeping it up for the 90+ days. I'll make sure topost updates.

Originally Posted by mks33

i did the first 40 days or so before i just ran out of time because of basketball games and practices.. anyway.. its a pretty good program.. its not easy and its pretty tough. i didn't do the yoga bc i thought it was too long and boring and threw and extra day of plyo in there instead.

i lost about 10 lbs of fat and got a lot leaner during the process.. i also added a lil bit to my vert. if you follow the whole program, including the meal suggestions.. you'll be in really good shape.
See that's the thing about this program. I don't really need to lose any weight, but I want to do it. I dunno, I might just do it anyways.

Do you guys do the Yoga? I started it this week and felt great the first three days and then I was doing Yoga yesterday and only went 20 minutes in
smh.gif
. It wasjust way toooooo longggg and boring. Do you think it's ok to substitute plyo's or cardio in for yoga??

And can you just use those workout towers in the middle of the room? Or do they have to be up against a wall or screwed down??

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Do you guys do the Yoga? I started it this week and felt great the first three days and then I was doing Yoga yesterday and only went 20 minutes in
smh.gif
. It was just way toooooo longggg and boring. Do you think it's ok to substitute plyo's or cardio in for yoga??

And can you just use those workout towers in the middle of the room? Or do they have to be up against a wall or screwed down??
You can put them anywhere. Best bet for space saving would be to get one where everything faces the same direction, some have the pullup grips onone side and dip station on the other. I'm about to order one, probably wait til next paycheck though because I don't even know what I'm going todo after Feb 5 for living space, might move back into Mom's. This guy got picked up by P90x as a trainer after his results, his is
eek.gif
because he startedoff similar to where I'm at. You can tell he was strong and athletic to begin with, just chubby. He's chubbier and stronger than me from jump street.
http://www.youtube.com/v/hEK9LrA83Jg&hl=en&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/ZZh-zRW6QPY&hl=en&fs=1

So we must abandon our regular gym programme for 90 days?

Also what about the dumbells, I can't afford adjustable ones.. so how should I go about picking the right set?

Man, I might just give this a try this summer; can't really start it up when I'm in school because of the food as well as the eqpt....

Originally Posted by I3

Also what about the dumbells, I can't afford adjustable ones.. so how should I go about picking the right set?
you can use the stretch bands...good strong ones are like 25-30...they show you how to use them on the DVD
guero, to answer your question..im only on my 2nd day, and im sore...i think it def works and well worth the money...i copped it on craigslist for 75..i knowits free online, but i felt that if i pay the 75, im atually going to do it and not let the 75 go to waste

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by I3

you can use the stretch bands...good strong ones are like 25-30...they show you how to use them on the DVD
guero, to answer your question..im only on my 2nd day, and im sore...i think it def works and well worth the money...i copped it on craigslist for 75..i know its free online, but i felt that if i pay the 75, im atually going to do it and not let the 75 go to waste

Actually, that is really smart about not letting the $75 go to waste. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gettin a free one, but I like where you'recoming from. I'll be startin soon. Before and after pics, fo sho.

Damn, I just saw the infomercial. I'm hooked fellas. Researching tomorrow to find the cheapest prices then ordering it.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Damn, I just saw the infomercial. I'm hooked fellas. Researching tomorrow to find the cheapest prices then ordering it.
^ http://www.amazon.com/gp/...;colid=&condition=new 55$ new on Amazon marketplace, missing the manuals, but you can get those online easily.

I just looked at a few of those workouts and I'd say don't cancel your gym membership at all. Some of them you'd be best served doing at the gymunless you have a bunch of different weight dumbbells. Each workout is basically weights done in an aerobic fashion i.e you do movement 1 for 15reps of 30seconds, the movement 2 for the same amount of time, then movement 3, then movement 4, then movement 5, then a quick water break and basically repeat. Eachworkout is apporiximately an hour. But I say do it at the gym because you're max shoulder press weight, probably isn't goiig to be the same amount youuse for tricep kickbacks.

If you get the "online version," it's in mp4 format so you can put it right on your phone or iPod, or just watch the workout and write down orremember what it was then go to the gym and do it

thanks for the amazon link ... manuals can be found in a variety of places ... i hope this workout is for boney people too

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ http://www.amazon.com/gp/...;colid=&condition=new 55$ new on Amazon marketplace, missing the manuals, but you can get those online easily.

I just looked at a few of those workouts and I'd say don't cancel your gym membership at all. Some of them you'd be best served doing at the gym unless you have a bunch of different weight dumbbells. Each workout is basically weights done in an aerobic fashion i.e you do movement 1 for 15reps of 30 seconds, the movement 2 for the same amount of time, then movement 3, then movement 4, then movement 5, then a quick water break and basically repeat. Each workout is apporiximately an hour. But I say do it at the gym because you're max shoulder press weight, probably isn't goiig to be the same amount you use for tricep kickbacks.

If you get the "online version," it's in mp4 format so you can put it right on your phone or iPod, or just watch the workout and write down or remember what it was then go to the gym and do it

Appreciate it.

I'm really interested in this. I seen the infomercial, and been reading the thread. From everything that Ive heard, if you stick with it, it really doeswork. Quick question though, what does the nutrition guides look like? Like what do you eat while on this? I eat relatively clean as it is, but I'm justcurious what I'm getting myself into if I do order.

^ IM me, I'll send it to you.

Want to share recipes in this thread too. I just modified a banana bread recipe to make it almost totally fat free for an entire loaf, which is big enough tofill a 12 x9 (I think, might actually be bigger) foil pan. I also make a totally lean white chicken chili too that is very protein dense with all the cheeseand meat in it and my favorite dessert is strawberry yogurt smoothie. It's terribly simple, 1tub of yogurt (372 cals, 33g protein, 0 fat) and 1 package offrozen strawberries (150 cals). Blend with the strawberries still frozen, that's what gives it it's milkshake frothiness. Add a few packets of sugar,Splenda, or apartame to taste. Sometimes I put a mango in it too. I haven't tried it subbing cottage cheese instead of yogurt, but that would be even morecasein protein dense

^ by the way, that banana nut bread was pretty good. The wheat flour made it super thick and gave me the BG's something serious a few hours later though.Next time, I'm going to use oat flour and add golden raisins.

http://xtremefitness.word.../the-p90x-nutrition-plan/

I've been doing this since June and have seen great results. Lost about 20lbs and got really cut up. The hardest part is sticking to the routine. You needto set aside 1.5hrs a day to do this and a lot of times that just isn't possible.

The trick is, and the guy always says this in the videos, is to make the last 3 reps count. I try to up my reps by 2-3 every week. Some of the stuff is justcrazy though. To this day I still can't do more than 5 reps of the one handed pushup.

Essential equipment are a pull bar and dumbbells. I strongly recommend getting a set of adjustable ones as the workouts are non-stop strip sets. Having topause the video just to change weights really adds to the workout time.

Nutrition is key to seeing results. Carbs before working out, protein afterward. And lots of salad.

I'm getting different information everywhere I check. What is the actual schedule? Also, do I or don't I do the Ab Ripper X protein every other day inaddition to the workout scheduled for that day? I want to do the "lean" option and the fat shredder diet option, which consists of what exactly?

Just found someone selling for $50 on Craigslist. Hopefully it's not firm, but that's a pretty good deal nonetheless. I watched some kid on youtube dothe plyometrics, it looked pretty intense.

Back
Top Bottom