P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

Just started this on monday and completed one week, How vital is the nutrition part of this plan? Is it ok to eat healthy and follow your own meal plan?
This is what I'm trying to do. I generally eat healthy, but have 1 cheat day, usually Saturday or Sunday.

I'm through the first 3 week phase now. This change of pace week should be interesting, but I'll definitely be ready to do some more lifting come next Monday...

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm through the first 3 week phase now. This change of pace week should be interesting, but I'll definitely be ready to do some more lifting come next Monday...
when i did this program, i thought the 4th week was gonna be light or whatever...and wasn't really looking forward to it.  but i did like the change of pace, and core synergistics can be a helluva workout.

I enjoyed the program and it gave me a lot of extra exercises to my new routine in the weight room (esp for legs), but god damn my strength on the bench went down significantly.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I enjoyed the program and it gave me a lot of extra exercises to my new routine in the weight room (esp for legs), but god damn my strength on the bench went down significantly.
sick.gif
I think your body will adjust after a couple sessions. You got to get used to holding the load... but I think your strength is still there.

I'm onto my second week. I havn't tried ab ripper x yet, I am going to mix it into my workouts come week 3.

I just ordered the resistance bands because by the end of the chest and back workout, I can only do 3 pull ups for each type of pull up.

anybody experience this? (lack of being able to do pull ups)

day one down. interesting, different. I'm not going to step back into the "gym" until the 90 days are over, and I'll see if it's what's up. I eat pretty clean as is, so I'll be on par with the diet and stuff.

I'm on week 4, which is the recovery week. I haven't been going hard as I can and only seen a few results. From now on, I'm planning on going on a strict diet and being intense every work out. After the first 90 days I'm planning on doing a round 2 of P90x and then P90X+ after that.

I'm thinking of getting this. What kind of equipment do I need to purchase?

JR5

JRose5 wrote:

All you need is dumbbells and a pull up bar. I'm on my third day and I'm sore as hell, plyometrics killed me.

I just got the program, Kinda hesitant to start though because i'm only 5'5 135lb, I need to gain I sure don't need to lose any weight whatsoever, does anyone have any tips? Thanks a lot.

If you want to gain muscle while doing P90, go for heavier weights and fewer reps.

I'm 5 weeks in now. Have done my best to keep up, I missed a day this week, but other than that have been very consistent at making my workouts. I can definitely tell my chest has slimmed down some, but I think I drink too much beer on the weekends for my belly to go away.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

sick.gif

I agree same thing happened to me

I know this is off topic and I love P90X, but has anyone tried the Insanity workout. It's by the same people of P90X, but you're not using any weights. Any information is appreciated.

Originally Posted by JRose5

JR5

Looks like now you have the extra time to start P90x
grin.gif

i too have been interested in trying p90x, law school is killing my gym time!!! anyone with a full rip, shoot me the pm asap por favor!

What bands do I need to get instead of the pull up bar? I'm to tall to use a pull up bar on my door.

Back
Top Bottom