Pac 12 Basketball Thread

*Clears eyes* Was that Gaddy with that clutch pass? Hmm...

Edit: Wasted
30t6p3b.gif

Desmond Simmons @#$#@$# trash, free throws he missed were huge. Time for Wroten to be put into the starting lineup and save the season, played incredible today.

That foul they called on him when he got the steal though
30t6p3b.gif

Wroten started to really impose himself and looked pretty much unstoppable.

They fought and played hard, but turnovers and fouls the story again. Clean it up and they'll be just fine come Pac-12 play.

I wanna see another big man step up. N'diaye is liability. He reminds me of Patrick Ewing at the very end of his career. He's pretty much there to fill the big man void, because he hurts this team more than helps.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Desmond Simmons @#$#@$# trash, free throws he missed were huge. Time for Wroten to be put into the starting lineup and save the season, played incredible today.

30t6p3b.gif

That foul was total BS. I'll give it to him today, he gave everything and you could tell he wanted to outshine the highly touted Duke guards he was up against. He did better with his free throw shooting today and he cut out the dumb turnovers he had early, but although he makes some great slashing moves to the basket overall his finishing at the rim needs to get a better. He makes the touch ones and seems to miss the easier ones.

I don't know why but T-Ross seems to take a while to get going, we need to involve him MUCH earlier. I like seeing CJ drive more towards the basket this year, he's a great shooter from the outside bit he's got to keep defenders honest and not just play him for the jumper.

Damn I wanted this one, I have Duke basketball soooo much. Oh well we are just taking a bit longer to find our identity with the loss of the leaders we had last year.Go dawgs!

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

30t6p3b.gif

That foul was total BS. I'll give it to him today, he gave everything and you could tell he wanted to outshine the highly touted Duke guards he was up against. He did better with his free throw shooting today and he cut out the dumb turnovers he had early, but although he makes some great slashing moves to the basket overall his finishing at the rim needs to get a better. He makes the touch ones and seems to miss the easier ones.

I don't know why but T-Ross seems to take a while to get going, we need to involve him MUCH earlier. I like seeing CJ drive more towards the basket this year, he's a great shooter from the outside bit he's got to keep defenders honest and not just play him for the jumper.

Damn I wanted this one, I have Duke basketball soooo much. Oh well we are just taking a bit longer to find our identity with the loss of the leaders we had last year.Go dawgs!

Man if they didn't call that things would've gotten very interesting. Yeah it was obvious to see he wanted to prove he was better than Rivers 
laugh.gif

You could tell my dude worked on his free throws too, @#$# was money today.

Oh well, same story every year lose the early games to the ranked teams and come back with a vengeance in latter half of the season. Once Romar throws Wroten into the starting lineup the offense is going to be straight 
eek.gif

Once the chemistry clicks, Wroten + Wilcox + Ross will be deadly. Big men just need to step it up and not make so many mistakes. For example, Desmond Simmons should not be getting the ball stolen from him at the top of the key. As Paul pointed it out, limit fouls and TOs and we will win ballgames as we should. 

[h1]A Week In The City: Terrence Ross Takes Over The Garden[/h1]Posted Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:54 PMJonathan Givony
grant_g_rosst_576.jpg
Lance King/Getty ImagesThis was a big week for Washington sophomore Terrence Ross. The 6-6 wing got to play two games in a span of five days at Madison Square Garden in New York City, matching up with top-10 ranked opponents Marquette and Duke, both sporting a number of NBA prospects on their rosters.

Virtually every team in the NBA was represented at one of these contests, making this an outstanding opportunity to showcase his talent, with the games being broadcasted nationally on ESPN and CBS.

Ross was not considered an elite-level recruit coming out of high school. In fact, he wasn’t even the best player on his own team back then—that honor went to Kentucky’s Terrence Jones. But his stature has slowly grown, to the point that NBA scouts are now talking about him as a legitimate lottery prospect.

Spend time around those scouts, as I did at MSG, and you’ll quickly learn what they like about him. “He’s a special athlete,

Article on Larry Scott, Pac-12 Commissioner. The guy is doing an incredible job. Basically reversed all the crap Tom Hansen had in place for years (like being in the back pocket of USC and UCLA). Also mentions that the conference is strongly considering moving the Pac-12 tournament to the MGM Grand, although I still think rotating sites is a better idea (Phoenix, LA, Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, Denver/Salt Lake). Anyway, good read.

http://www.businessweek.c...of-the-pac-12152011.html

South Dakota ++%%%#! State though? Smfh...
Didn't even catch the game. That score is embarrassing though..Especially at home

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

South Dakota ++%%%#! State though? Smfh...
Didn't even catch the game. That score is embarrassing though..Especially at home

I went and watched it, but dont worry you didnt miss anything. SDSU shot 8-11 from the 3 in the first half, built up a 20+ point lead half way throught the first half and never looked back.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I think the PAC-12 only gets 3 teams in.
What is the best OOC win for the PAC-12?  Arizona over New Mexico St.?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Let them keep hating. Btw Cal is gonna win the Pac12
pimp.gif

Not from what I'm seeing. They're horrible. Can't believe I just put money on them.

Horrible? 10-3. But they havnt showed up against the good teams though. But horrible?

I know this is now the basketball thread but ive got to share the good news.....Nick Holt is OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
A day after denying rumors post by the website Footballscoop.com, the University of Washington released a statement saying that defensive coordinator Nick Holt, linebackers coach Mike Cox and safeties coach Jeff Mills will not be retained for next season.
“I want to thank Nick Holt, Mike Cox, and Jeff Mills for their hard work and dedication throughout the last three years,

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Let them keep hating. Btw Cal is gonna win the Pac12
pimp.gif

Not from what I'm seeing. They're horrible. Can't believe I just put money on them.

Horrible? 10-3. But they havnt showed up against the good teams though. But horrible?

Yes. That post was made during their game against UNLV and they looked putrid. Maybe not a real indicator of what that team is, but they were pretty damn bad that game.

Arizona with a solid W to start conference play, 68-51 over A$U
Trip to Los Angles starting on Thursday.

10-4 (1-0)

Man Beavers
30t6p3b.gif
Still think they can turn it around but the 1st two conference games I have noticed they make some stupid plays, especially when the defense breaks down and they go down late to try and get a block, instead of letting the guy score they do a weak +@* foul and the guys are constantly getting an and-1 play. Also offensive rebounding is terrible. Season is young and they are still 10-4, hopefully they get it together and make a run to win the Pac-12 or at least make the tournament this year.

Back
Top Bottom