PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

in6pMrFcaFA2a.gif

Just got back from a free screening here in pittsburgh :wow: :wow: :wow:

This was the most enjoyable action movie I have seen in YEARS :x :smokin :smokin Those Kaijus, and when the category 5 comes out LAWD :x :x. The whole concept of this movie is awesome and the way its executed is really fun to watch. I will say this to anyone judging off the trailer alone, trust me it is a great blockbuster film, this movie will do major numbers. The fighting sequences will leave your jaw dropped and you almost feel like you're playing an epic video game on a 3d Imax screen. Point blank Del Toro is a beast and while this is different than any of his other films it is one of his best works easily. Like a souped up, muuuuch better written version of Transformers with a cooler sci fi angle. Can't say enough about it :lol: Make sure y'all check it out on July 12th though.

Dont check this spoiler till you see it
My dude Idris ALWAYS dies, at least in this he goes out like a G :rofl: :rofl: :smokin

Del Toro is a legend in the making

The trailer doesn't do this movie justice AT ALL, I thought it was just gonna be transformers in the water :lol:

Last edited:
This movie is a complete rip off of neon genesis Evangelion I expect a hack like Kanye to find it good . They deserved to get sued by nge creator

This was the most enjoyable action movie I have seen in YEARS :x :smokin :smokin Those Kaijus, and when the category 5 comes out LAWD :x :x. The whole concept of this movie is awesome and the way its executed is really fun to watch. I will say this to anyone judging off the trailer alone, trust me it is a great blockbuster film, this movie will do major numbers. The fighting sequences will leave your jaw dropped and you almost feel like you're playing an epic video game on a 3d Imax screen. Point blank Del Toro is a beast and while this is different than any of his other films it is one of his best works easily. Like a souped up, muuuuch better written version of Transformers with a cooler sci fi angle. Can't say enough about it :lol: Make sure y'all check it out on July 12th though.

My dude Idris ALWAYS dies, at least in this he goes out like a G :rofl: :rofl: :smokin

The trailer doesn't do this movie justice AT ALL, I thought it was just gonna be transformers in the water :lol:
How long is the movie ??
And where does it rank in summer movies this year????

This movie is a complete rip off of neon genesis Evangelion I expect a hack like Kanye to find it good . They deserved to get sued by nge creator

well actually it pays homage to older things than NGE. The Kaiju stuff has been around for a while. Also as any watcher of anime knows, mostly everything is stolen from a previous show etc.

So this isn't going to be at the official iMAX theaters? I checked and didn't see any showtimes, can anyone confirm?

How long is the movie ??

Its a little over 2 hours but doesn't feel too long b/c of all the action in it.....I enjoyed it more than both Man of Steel, Star Trek 2 (both of which I thought were really cool and good movies, ST moreso than Superman) and muuuch more than Iron Man 3 to be completely honest...I'm thinking maybe Elysium can compete with it bc that looks great but its definitely the best action movie I've seen in a minute

So this isn't going to be at the official iMAX theaters? I checked and didn't see any showtimes, can anyone confirm?

My free screening here in Pgh was Imax 3D but you mean the real IMAX with the dome effect going over your head? I'm not sure about that. Its weird though, parts of it the 3D are like :wow: but a good portion of the movie its not really necessary, it just "feels" like it bc the CGI and the fighting scenes are so :smokin :smokin

Everyone should sign up for GoFobo.com too, my boy put me on, thats how I saw it early

Last edited:
kinda don't see the point of having Charlie Day in the movie but i guess it needed a bit of comedy to lighten the mood, hope he doesn't make bad jokes.

hyped to see the movie though B^)

How long is the movie ??

Its a little over 2 hours but doesn't feel too long b/c of all the action in it.....I enjoyed it more than both Man of Steel, Star Trek 2 (both of which I thought were really cool and good movies, ST moreso than Superman) and muuuch more than Iron Man 3 to be completely honest...I'm thinking maybe Elysium can compete with it bc that looks great but its definitely the best action movie I've seen in a minute

My free screening here in Pgh was Imax 3D but you mean the real IMAX with the dome effect going over your head? I'm not sure about that. Its weird though, parts of it the 3D are like :wow: but a good portion of the movie its not really necessary, it just "feels" like it bc the CGI and the fighting scenes are so :smokin :smokin

Everyone should sign up for GoFobo.com too, my boy put me on, thats how I saw it early
Bruh u getting my hyped for this movie
It's really THAT good????

The plot of this movie is ripped completely from NGE a lot of scenes and subplots are directly stolen from it almost scene for seen .Its a damn shame honestly they try to mask it with the whole kaiju vs jaegar gimmick .

The plot of this movie is ripped completely from NGE a lot of scenes and subplots are directly stolen from it almost scene for seen .Its a damn shame honestly they try to mask it with the whole kaiju vs jaegar gimmick .

I looked up the anime you're talking about not being very familiar with it, and on the surface its similar, but aren't a lot of anime and this kaiju theme kinda recycled from one another in many ways? The Japanese have been doing movies/shows with similar dna for decades so its almost impossible to come up with an original movie in that lane....I can see how if you're familiar with that type of anime you'll definitely see many similarities but this could be viewed as a live action version in some ways but its not a blatant rip off....From what I read though the origins of the monsters, the reasons they are attacking, the story of the people are a lot different..they just both do revolve around Super Robots, and Evangelion wasn't even the first to do that type of story. Trust me, don't let that cloud your opinion of this before you see it, its a very good movie. Its more like a mash up of a Godzilla type of kaiju movie with Transformers (but wayyyyy more in depth and better written) if I had to describe it.

@Nawgtyhare haha yeah man I really enjoyed it, my whole theater of ~200 plus people gave it a standing ovation at the end, I'm also a fan of a lot of Del toro's movies, but I really wasn't super hyped to see it originally but my boy gave me a ticket to the screening and I wouldn't have been mad at all paying full price, I'll probably see it again for sure...its really well done man, I'm sure you're gonna like it a lot

And Charlie Day does bring some :lol: him and the other doctor/scientist in there

should i watch this in imax 3d? why does it have to be 3D?

Truth be told the only movie I've ever seen that HAD to be 3D was Avatar :lol: This movie doesn't need to be seen in 3D, certain parts it looks cool but majority of it 3D didn't add a ton to it imo, originally del toro didn't plan on it being in 3D I read as well

should i watch this in imax 3d? why does it have to be 3D?

Truth be told the only movie I've ever seen that HAD to be 3D was Avatar :lol: This movie doesn't need to be seen in 3D, certain parts it looks cool but majority of it 3D didn't add a ton to it imo, originally del toro didn't plan on it being in 3D I read as well
Speaking of avatar is the sequal next year or 2015???

I never got an Eva vibe from this movie what the hell you talking bout man..what scenes are ripped straight from the anime?

I thought everyone knew that this movie was heavily influenced by the Mecha genre as a whole with a Evangelion being one of the series they pay homage to. It's not just going to be about NGE. If they really tried to copy NGE's plot and character storylines, I don't even see it flying in American theaters like this. :lol:

Once I see the movie I'll be able to make a better judgement of 'stolen' or not, but from the previews it seems less like NGE and more like Voltron/PowerRangers/big mecha battle shows/etc. NGE was more about how effed up the characters were. :lol:

"Evangelion"............

How do u even pronounce that?
Ee- Van- Gell - Eon.

Back
Top Bottom