Pacman suspended Indefinitely...ESPN NEWS reports...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Pacman suspended at least 4 games for violating conduct policy[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 14, 2008, 2:53 PM ET

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has been suspended for at least four games for his most recent violation of the league's personal conduct policy, the NFL announced Tuesday.

In announcing his decision, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Jones' "disturbing pattern of behavior was clearly inconsistent with the conditions I set for your continued participation in the NFL."

Goodell will determine the final length of Jones' suspension following the Cowboys' Week 11 game against Washington on Nov. 16, the league said.

In his latest transgression, Jones was involved in an alcohol-related physical altercation at a Dallas hotel on Oct. 8 that resulted in hotel employees calling the police.

Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season for multiple violations of the league's personal conduct policy. In reinstating Jones on Aug. 28, Goodell said that the player's participation in the NFL depended on demonstrating that he can conduct himself in a socially responsible manner, avoiding any other conduct that brings disrespect to himself, his team, or the NFL.

The decision on whether Jones can return to play this season will be based on his strict compliance with his NFL and Cowboys treatment plans as well as on evaluations of Jones' progress that will be provided to Goodell by clinical experts retained by the NFL.

Originally Posted by ezeblazin

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Well, at least this saves the Cowboys basically two draft picks...

They get to keep their 6th rounder and get a 5th back from Tennessee... So Jerry took this chance for the steep price of moving from a 4th to a 5th rounder.
laugh.gif

Definitely helps you guys for the future....but for this season..... uh ohhh
Yeah man this hurts for sure, back to straight zone coverage. I guess the bigger question now is will Jerry just flat out cut him. If he did iwouldnt blame him, dude did a lot to get him back in the league. A lot of people have helped him out a lot and its like now what?

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

That sucks....now we have to give them back 5th round pick......Pac is always trying to screw the Titans--even when he's gone
frown.gif

What were the stipulations?
We got a 4th rounder from Dal. If he didn't get suspended we would've gotten a 6th......if he did we had to give up a 5th

Terrible trade IMO, but nobody else wanted him, so we pretty much had to do it or cut him.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

They get to keep their 6th rounder and get a 5th back from Tennessee... So Jerry took this chance for the steep price of moving from a 4th to a 5th rounder.
laugh.gif

So you gotta put Jenkins and that other CB (#32...I think...but, I can't remember his name) out there instead of Pac...but seriously, how much was Pac REALLY contributing? Aside from the CB depth, was it that big of a blow? Crayton gonna return kicks now?

Pacman is STUPID....and
laugh.gif
at people NOT thinking that Goodell was going to take action. Pacman is very close to playing for the Tigercats.

Nowitness, where the hell is Tank Johnson? Is he getting PT, and if not, why? Is it just because of Jay Ratliff's play?

To me it looked like he was really coming along at CB.... I only saw saw 2 passes get caught on him on Sunday.

laugh.gif

So you gotta put Jenkins and that other CB (#32...I think...but, I can't remember his name) out there instead of Pac...but seriously, how much was Pac REALLY contributing? Aside from the CB depth, was it that big of a blow? Crayton gonna return kicks now?

Pacman is STUPID....and
laugh.gif
at people NOT thinking that Goodell was going to take action. Pacman is very close to playing for the Tigercats.

Nowitness, where the hell is Tank Johnson? Is he getting PT, and if not, why? Is it just because of Jay Ratliff's play?
No, PacMan wasn't playing that well to begin with... He wasn't contributing anything on special teams, and there had reportedly beenSEVERAL members of the Cowboys coaching staff and FO that went to Jerry last week and told him to let Pac go, that his level of play wasn't justifying theheadaches... Honestly, moving from PacMan to Mike Jenkins isn't a big step back at this point... Gotta get Newman healthy, though.
ohwell.gif

And Ed Werder just said not to be surprised if Pac has played his last game as a Dallas Cowboy... I'd be surprised if Jerry ate crow this early, but whoknows...

As for Tank, he's more a victim of Jay Ratliff's emergence... Rat is playing great football. Tank has been battling some minor injuries as well, butJay has been playing at a level that warrants the majority of the playing time... Wish they'd move him back out to DE, though...

Oh, and I wasn't starting a new topic for this, but both Adam Schefter and Ed Werder are reporting the Cowboys are pushing hard for Roy Williams rightnow...

Maybe this suspension, plus all the injuries this past week, pushes Jerry over the edge?
nerd.gif
They're gonna have to start scoring points while Newman isout...

Romo a month, El Gato a month, Sam Hurd for the year, Newman another month, PacMan indefinitely now...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif

Pacman is STUPID....and
laugh.gif

No, PacMan wasn't playing that well to begin with... He wasn't contributing anything on special teams, and there had reportedly been SEVERAL members of the Cowboys coaching staff and FO that went to Jerry last week and told him to let Pac go, that his level of play wasn't justifying the headaches... Honestly, moving from PacMan to Mike Jenkins isn't a big step back at this point... Gotta get Newman healthy, though.
ohwell.gif

And Ed Werder just said not to be surprised if Pac has played his last game as a Dallas Cowboy... I'd be surprised if Jerry ate crow this early, but who knows...

As for Tank, he's more a victim of Jay Ratliff's emergence... Rat is playing great football. Tank has been battling some minor injuries as well, but Jay has been playing at a level that warrants the majority of the playing time... Wish they'd move him back out to DE, though...
exaclty..its what i been saying for weeks..Pacman has been average at best all year..for a guy with all the distractions and baggage he brings tothe team he better be playing at a pro bowl/hall of fame level..outside of that its not worth it..Pac might be done in the NFL, but hey it seems to always bethat one time to give a guy a shot..

I am not a Pac man guy, I think dude is worthless, but......what exactly did he do to get suspended?

I know his history, but if no charges were filed, if nothing was damaged of any value, if nobody was after him to cause him more issues, why Goddell feel itnecessary to suspend him? For an argument with his bodyguard? I dunno about this one.

I'm a fair guy, and to me, Pac gettin the short end on this one.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I am not a Pac man guy, I think dude is worthless, but......what exactly did he do to get suspended?

I know his history, but if no charges were filed, if nothing was damaged of any value, if nobody was after him to cause him more issues, why Goddell feel it necessary to suspend him? For an argument with his bodyguard? I dunno about this one.

I'm a fair guy, and to me, Pac gettin the short end on this one.
smh.gif
His own revised personal conduct policy stated no alcohol consumption. And Pac of course had his share of it and it probably led to thealtercation.

You have to remember...you don't have to have charges filed against you to get suspended. If Goodell feels like you violated his personal conduct policy inany matter, you're subject to penalty.

You guys are underestimating how much Pac would've helped you while Newman is out..... Were you really paying attention to the Cards game? Hmmm I mighthave to take the Rams ML this week

You guys are underestimating how much Pac would've helped you while Newman is out..... Were you really paying attention to the Cards game? Hmmm I might have to take the Rams ML this week
Were you? Pacman didn't play well at all.

You guys are underestimating how much Pac would've helped you while Newman is out..... Were you really paying attention to the Cards game? Hmmm I might have to take the Rams ML this week
Were you? Pacman didn't play well at all.
He allowed 2 catches.... Fitz has less than 20 yard going into the 4th qtr

he has been average at best all year..and for a guy who is as big of a headache as he is, its not worth it..

Back
Top Bottom