Originally Posted by thacapt

Originally Posted by wxyzfactor

Originally Posted by vctry20

Originally Posted by vctry20

There was no way he was going to get Mayweather for May with all the *+*! he has going on, but I feel like there had to be better fights out there than Shane

JMM
Berto
Martinez
Winner of Bradley-Alexander.
Exactly, Marquez and Berto came to mind right off the bat
Yeah man.

The Pac camp is a joke.

They had a chance to fight Martinez but wanted him at a catchweight that was just unreasonable.

They say JMM priced himself out, but they are giving Shane the same amount of money that JMM asked for...
30t6p3b.gif

And they say Berto isn't a draw, when I believe Berto is a bigger draw than Clottey was...

He may be old but the name Shane Mosley is more of a name than Berto at this point and Pacquiao already fought Marquez.  I'll trust the promoter's Arum's decision on who the better draw is than yours.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Alright bro.

roll.gif
It may me against other Top Rank fighters but I'll still trust a promoter's decision whose been a promoter for the longest time over some internet expert who thinks they know who the better draw is.
laugh.gif

Full pactard mode ON.
roll.gif

And you yourself have the Full Pacquiao hater mode ON.
roll.gif
No.
I'm not blind as you are my friend.

Name the promoters the last 3 of Pac's opponents were with...

I'll give you a hint.

T_ _ R_ _ _  

So you're telling me Berto isn't just as big (if not a bigger) draw than Joshua Clottey?

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

And you're also telling me JMM can't pull as much numbers IF NOT MORE PPV's than a shot Shane Mosley?

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

And you're also telling me JMM can't pull as much numbers IF NOT MORE PPV's than a shot Shane Mosley?

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif
And you're telling me that an internet expert like you knows more and knows how to be a boxing promoter more than Bob Arum whose been a promoter for years?  That's rich.

Get outta here son.  When you ever become CEO of a boxing promotion making millions, let me know.

roll.gif

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif
And you're telling me that an internet expert like you knows more and knows how to be a boxing promoter more than Bob Arum whose been a promoter for years?  That's rich.

Get outta here son.  When you ever become CEO of a boxing promotion making millions, let me know.

roll.gif

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Ight man..
Will do.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Ight man..
Will do.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Ight man..
Will do.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
Hey, promoting your spiel on Niketalk is a good start.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

Get outta here son.

laugh.gif

roll.gif
Ight man..
Will do.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
Hey, promoting your spiel on Niketalk is a good start.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

Asked AFTER THE MORA FIGHT if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,"
 Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules),"Arum said."I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age. 

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

Read FULL ARTICLE http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz18tos3dmT

Asked AFTER THE MORA FIGHT if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round,"
 Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules),"Arum said."I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age. 

"It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Arum said he wouldn't be interested in playing the flakcatcher if he made a Shane-Manny bout at this point.

Read FULL ARTICLE http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz18tos3dmT

^^^^^^
Like Bob Arum, Don King did a like of shady stuff and double but both were successful promoters who made millions for their boxers.   I never heard of an honest promoter or agent who never did some shady stuff and double talk and become successful to the point of making millions.  It's all part of the hustle of being a boxing promoter or sports agent.

^^^^^^
Like Bob Arum, Don King did a like of shady stuff and double but both were successful promoters who made millions for their boxers.   I never heard of an honest promoter or agent who never did some shady stuff and double talk and become successful to the point of making millions.  It's all part of the hustle of being a boxing promoter or sports agent.

Say what now?

How does Bob Arum's eggplant taste homie?

laugh.gif

His is still a million dollar eggplant while your eggplant is worth pennies so you can suck on that.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Say what now?

How does Bob Arum's eggplant taste homie?

laugh.gif

His is still a million dollar eggplant while your eggplant is worth pennies so you can suck on that.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by So Slickening

lol @ 2-person argument thread

I'd like to see JMM vs. Pac 3 just so JMM would shut the %+*# up already

He's the one that'll literally believe anything Bob Arum tells him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by So Slickening

lol @ 2-person argument thread

I'd like to see JMM vs. Pac 3 just so JMM would shut the %+*# up already

He's the one that'll literally believe anything Bob Arum tells him.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom