Parable: Jordan/ Pippen = Batman/ Robin...James/ Wade = Superman/ Batman? (Potentially?)

I'm sorry about another LeBron topic but do you believe the title of this thread?

I read in columns or in other social networking outlets of people using Batman as a parable to describe the alpha male/ leader of a team and Robin as the docile follower. When it came to those championship Bulls teams of the 90's it was obvious who was "Batman" and "Robin." With this years Heat squad there doesn't seem to be a clear Batman or Robin. Lebron and Wade are equal in being the franchise guy. In my opinion the appropriate title for these two would be Superman and Batman.

Lebron being Superman and Wade being Batman.

In my eyes Lebron James or Dwayne Wade will never be better than MJ individually but they have an opportunity to become the greatest duo to have ever played in the NBA.

I'm sorry about another LeBron topic but do you believe the title of this thread?

I read in columns or in other social networking outlets of people using Batman as a parable to describe the alpha male/ leader of a team and Robin as the docile follower. When it came to those championship Bulls teams of the 90's it was obvious who was "Batman" and "Robin." With this years Heat squad there doesn't seem to be a clear Batman or Robin. Lebron and Wade are equal in being the franchise guy. In my opinion the appropriate title for these two would be Superman and Batman.

Lebron being Superman and Wade being Batman.

In my eyes Lebron James or Dwayne Wade will never be better than MJ individually but they have an opportunity to become the greatest duo to have ever played in the NBA.

greatest duo = undependable jumpers + crab dribble + d whistle jump kicks while falling to ground + the lebron drop shoulder and run over you patented move ...

yeh i agree they will be better than jordan / pip ... not 5, not 6 but i predict even more championships

greatest duo = undependable jumpers + crab dribble + d whistle jump kicks while falling to ground + the lebron drop shoulder and run over you patented move ...

yeh i agree they will be better than jordan / pip ... not 5, not 6 but i predict even more championships

I originally heard this title from Bill Walton when describing Kobe and Big Shaq. So I have mentioned it numerous times on here because you can't possibly label either Wade or LeBron (no matter how much you don't like him) as a complimentary/2ndary player. It is just foolish to call that "duel" (as Magic would say) Batman and Robin.

I originally heard this title from Bill Walton when describing Kobe and Big Shaq. So I have mentioned it numerous times on here because you can't possibly label either Wade or LeBron (no matter how much you don't like him) as a complimentary/2ndary player. It is just foolish to call that "duel" (as Magic would say) Batman and Robin.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EvansST

Agreed. Magic & Kareem's prime was too spread out for it to be them.  And I think they have a potential higher ceiling than Jordan & Pippen.

Should have been Kobe and Shaq but we all know how that went
shaq-kobe.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EvansST

Agreed. Magic & Kareem's prime was too spread out for it to be them.  And I think they have a potential higher ceiling than Jordan & Pippen.

Should have been Kobe and Shaq but we all know how that went
shaq-kobe.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How can LeBron and Wade be considered a better DUO than Jordan and Pippen?

On paper, but in terms of production, I can't see them ever winning 6 ring. Championships are too scarce for that to happen these days.

That is like saying a tag team of Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior would be better than The Road Warriors. Yea if you split those two teams up, Hulk and Warrior would be better on paper than Hawk and Animal. But collectively, Hawk and Animal won. And they won BIG.

So I don't know if I can agree with the idea of them being the best duo ever.

Best two individual talents on the same team? Maybe. But that is a different story.

On paper, but in terms of production, I can't see them ever winning 6 ring. Championships are too scarce for that to happen these days.

That is like saying a tag team of Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior would be better than The Road Warriors. Yea if you split those two teams up, Hulk and Warrior would be better on paper than Hawk and Animal. But collectively, Hawk and Animal won. And they won BIG.

Best two individual talents on the same team? Maybe. But that is a different story.

laugh.gif
this dude DC always finds a way to tie things back to wrestling...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but I do agree w. what he said otherwise. Let's let Lebron/Wade win ONE championship before we start crowning them best duo, etc.

laugh.gif
this dude DC always finds a way to tie things back to wrestling...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but I do agree w. what he said otherwise. Let's let Lebron/Wade win ONE championship before we start crowning them best duo, etc.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I asked that question too but I really thought about it the past day. When Lebron was in Cleveland, in the first 6 years of his career, he was doing things Jordan didn't do in his first six years. James was putting up 30 + with double digit assists and rebounds and this was by himself! He took a garbage Cleveland team to the finals once and had them win 50+ games a year by himself! If he had won in the finals with the horrible set of talent by himself IMO he might have been better than MJ.

Now this same player is on the same team with Wade, who is top 5 player in the league, makes for a dynamic combination.

It's still WAY too early to even say they that are better than Shaq and Kobe but their ceiling is a lot higher. 

I asked that question too but I really thought about it the past day. When Lebron was in Cleveland, in the first 6 years of his career, he was doing things Jordan didn't do in his first six years. James was putting up 30 + with double digit assists and rebounds and this was by himself! He took a garbage Cleveland team to the finals once and had them win 50+ games a year by himself! If he had won in the finals with the horrible set of talent by himself IMO he might have been better than MJ.

Now this same player is on the same team with Wade, who is top 5 player in the league, makes for a dynamic combination.

It's still WAY too early to even say they that are better than Shaq and Kobe but their ceiling is a lot higher. 

i feel what youre sayin but
laugh.gif

good analogy.

i feel what youre sayin but
laugh.gif

good analogy.

James and Wade combined have a higher rating overall than any other duo in 2k, so I agree they are the greatest duo ever.

James and Wade combined have a higher rating overall than any other duo in 2k, so I agree they are the greatest duo ever.

--Yeah, the discussion is there. But will be back when King and Flash actually win something.
--Until then, I'll take MJ/Pip or Mamba/Shaq.

--Yeah, the discussion is there. But will be back when King and Flash actually win something.
--Until then, I'll take MJ/Pip or Mamba/Shaq.

[h3]
[/h3]
The only comparison that makes sense is Jordan/Pippen, or Magic/Worthy since Kareem was a "Big Man".

That said, Jordan/Pippen are going to hold the crown as the greatest.
LeBron and Wade have the potential to get there, but they'll have to win at least 6 rings for this to even be debatable.

Back
Top Bottom