Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Wednesday PM - Alcaraz/Nadal fall to USA in Team Doubles, Katie Ledecky wins 1500M free in record-breaking time 🥇🥈🥉

Xennial Xennial Hunter Armstrong just made shh interesting for the medley relay

If the 2 dudes who actually swim the 100 free don’t do well in the individual event and hunter swims well in the 100 back

Dude could legit be the anchor.. dressel will swim the fly and assuming Murphy is solid in the backstroke

Women's 100 fly and Men's 100 breast finals should be good tmrw. Marchand should get the gold for the 400 IM right

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 6.30.46 PM.png

They didn't used to allow everybody in Olympic village did they? Seems like mad people are in the bubble now. Seeing hella families. Thought we used to only see them video video stream after the dub. The isolation was why it was so clutch for hitting new yams.

Man, it seems like it's just me, but swimming is boring as **** to me. I could walk at a semi-brisk pace next to the pool and beat your world record. It's like if sprinters had like weighted vests or something. And why so many different ways to do the same distance? They don't have backwards or sideways sprints on the track. I'd rather watch almost any other summer olympic event than swimming.

Man, it seems like it's just me, but swimming is boring as **** to me.
It's not just you. It's you and everyone else who doesn't swim and doesn't respect the difficulties of things that they are not a part of.
And why so many different ways to do the same distance?
They're not the same distance.
Some are from one end of the pool to the other end, and that's it.
Some are from one end to the opposite end and back.
Some are a little longer; some are MUCH longer.

It's not just you. It's you and everyone else who doesn't swim and doesn't respect the difficulties of things that they are not a part of.

They're not the same distance.
Wine are from one end of the pool to the other end, and that's it.
Some are from one end to the opposite end and back.
Some are a little longer; some are MUCH longer.

Yeah, you've got different distances, but the different strokes make no sense to me. If it's a race, just do the fastest way. They don't do the 100 meter sprint, but you have to skip or hop on one leg. I guess hurdles would be a somewhat similar hindrance/constraint, but that's changing the course, not limiting yourself to a certain style of step.

Swimming is dope. While I may not be as 'exciting' without Phelps or locate, the difficulty of water sports cannot be understated. I respect all of the sports I cannot personally do at a high level and the ones I can do, I respect even more that the people there are so much better than me at it lol.

I love Olympic swimming. Also, because it's always at the beginning of the Olympics and super competitive, and then track starts later to end it (the marathon is the last event). NBC also has a great announcing crew for swimming. Rowdy Gaines is a national treasure.

Man, it seems like it's just me, but swimming is boring as **** to me. I could walk at a semi-brisk pace next to the pool and beat your world record. It's like if sprinters had like weighted vests or something. And why so many different ways to do the same distance? They don't have backwards or sideways sprints on the track. I'd rather watch almost any other summer olympic event than swimming.

I mentioned this before, but Mark Spitz was critical of Phelps' gold medal record because there are more races now than there were in 1976. If Phelps had the same number of races available, he wouldn't have broken the record. Also, the final leg of the race that sealed it was not on Phelps, and USA was way behind on the last lap. Jason Lezak swam the lap of his lifetime. France had it in the bag.

It's really a ridiculous argument 🤣 should Kareem be mad because they didn't have 3 pointers at the beginning of his career and now it's unfair that LeBron has the scoring title because he had a career during a time where there was more ways to score points?

Yeah, you've got different distances, but the different strokes make no sense to me. If it's a race, just do the fastest way. They don't do the 100 meter sprint, but you have to skip or hop on one leg. I guess hurdles would be a somewhat similar hindrance/constraint, but that's changing the course, not limiting yourself to a certain style of step.

That’s basically every sport though - why can’t I tackle in basketball? can I just catch and dunk the volleyball? Can I use my bike in the 400m? Use my rifle in the archery?

Swimming is slightly unusual in that they evolved new strokes and then kept other ones - but it’s just deciding on a technical line and saying you can’t go beyond it in this event.

Back
Top Bottom