Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Wednesday PM - Alcaraz/Nadal fall to USA in Team Doubles, Katie Ledecky wins 1500M free in record-breaking time 🥇🥈🥉

station19-robert-sullivan.gif

Yeah, you've got different distances, but the different strokes make no sense to me. If it's a race, just do the fastest way. They don't do the 100 meter sprint, but you have to skip or hop on one leg. I guess hurdles would be a somewhat similar hindrance/constraint, but that's changing the course, not limiting yourself to a certain style of step.
Because there aren't multiple ways to put one foot in front of the other.
Hop in a pool and try breaststroke for 20 seconds and you'll respect tf out it.

Or just respect that they are premier athletes without having to get what they do. I mean I don't fence, but I respect their grind.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gymnastics is amazing but I still have trouble with all the politics of it - and the uncomfortable feeling about what some of these girls have gone through. Obviously the US has had problems - but can you imagine what some of the other countries are up to.

The artistic element of the scoring sits uncomfortably with me too.

I have real trouble believing that these are the best skaters in the world. It’s almost like skateboarding shouldn’t be an Olympic sport.

The BBC commentary kills me too - some middle aged guy trying to sound like he’s down with the kids.

wow French women's gymnastics team not even qualifying for team finals with the amount of errors during qualifications, they were hoping to get on the podium at home

Back
Top Bottom