Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Wednesday PM - Alcaraz/Nadal fall to USA in Team Doubles, Katie Ledecky wins 1500M free in record-breaking time 🥇🥈🥉

Andy Murray in the tennis doubles was a nail biter. The 3rd set is that weird tie-break thing and they were down 5-9 and came back to win.

Don’t know if y’all noticed, but you could really see how shallow the pool is when the guys jumped in on the backstroke start

But it’s really killing underwaters, think that’s why the breaststroke was so slow

Don’t know if y’all noticed, but you could really see how shallow the pool is when the guys jumped in on the backstroke start

But it’s really killing underwaters, think that’s why the breaststroke was so slow
I'm surprised pool depth isn't standardized/regulated?

2 of the top 3 from the 400m final yesterday, Ledecky and McIntosh, chose not race the 200m even though they're both the national champions at that distance from their national trials a few months back.

Titmus chose to though and is cruising through the heats, she's the world record holder

I'm surprised pool depth isn't standardized/regulated?

I wanna say it has to be at least 2meters deep.. but for pretty much all the big competitions they go to 3 meters

But the pool here is 2.15 meters

Just looked up the article I read:

The rule specifically states:

Depth: 2 Metres (minimum); 3 metres recommended, when using the pool for multi disciplines

Here’s another article on it:

But you can really see it with certain athletes, like Marchand who isn’t a huge guy and has great underwaters.. he probably is sub 4:02 with the swim he had

Back
Top Bottom